Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions sign Buster Davis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BZski wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
We run the 4-3. What do you mean?

You run a hybrid 4-3 defense with alot of 3-4 sets. I think the Cards just drafted someone that didnt fit there system and Davis knew this. He fits alot better in the Tampa2 defense behind 2 solid DT's in Rogers and Redding.

We ran a total of under 10 3-4 plays in the preseason, what makes you beleive we are a 4-3 hybrid team. When Okeafor went down, it went straight back to a 4-3 D.

We drafted someone whom we thought would be perfect in the 4-3 WLB spot, but he showed a complete lack of work ethic in the desert. He stopped in the middle of plays, and froze before making a tackle.

I can understand your enthusiasm for signing a player with the potential that Buster has, but don't make assumptionsabout why we cut him. He was cut becasue he was not among the 53 best available players to this team. Not because he doesn't fit into our D.

I personally do not see him succeeding in the NFL unless he shapes up and puts on muscle mass. I don't see him as having the NFL speed to get into the deep middle zone fast enough to run an effective Cover 2 ILB.

I agree with Shawn, I am still somewhat upset about him being cut, what with the CB's who could be sitting in the 3rd spot for our team now allowing Rolle to play a role at FS.

Quote:
but in a 4-3 he won't have to take on 300+ pound LBs on a consistent basis

He would have been playing in a 4-3 in AZ this season.

Quote:
Buster Davis is a very aggressive and instinctive linebacker. On every snap, he is looking to knock down as many opponents as possible, and fly to the football. He quickly diagnoses the play, and explodes to the action. With his quickness and instincts, Davis is always around the ball. He is the type of player that you try to stay away from on every play, and you know when he hits you.

Is the exact reason I loved the pick. After seeing him play, his instincts were not there, when he finally realised where the play was going he took too long to get there, and if he got their he hesitated before trying to make the tackle.

Quote:
You're knocking him for being 15 pounds overweight? What do you think a rookie LB who's only 5'9 or is going to do when he's playing out of position in a 3-4?

He would have been playing in a 4-3. Albeit out of position at OLB.

I wish Buster Success, but his failure in Arizona is purely on himself and nobody else.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
bigben07MVP

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha I love it. The FSU LB crew re-united. Cool

Florida State Seminoles - Pittsburgh Steelers - Cleveland Cavaliers
Purple-Pride07

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There you go...Detroit, meet your new future/now MLB that youve been searching for.

I hope Lions fans realize that I now think the guy I once supported is now a future bust in my eyes! Laughing haha just joking.

he should be a good player in the NFL, hes short, but very instinctive, which is what got him this far.

"When a team outgrows individual performance and learns team confidence, excellence becomes a reality."
--Joe Paterno.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: