Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Humane Society has notes from Vick's notes-less speech?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
K2fromtheU


Joined: 09 Feb 2007
Posts: 3344
Location: Akron, OH
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: Humane Society has notes from Vick's notes-less speech? Reply with quote

Michael David Smith of AOL Sports wrote:
Michael Vick gave a public apology last week after he pleaded guilty to federal conspiracy charges related to his Bad Newz Kennels dog fighting ring.

Some Vick supporters have said that Vick must have been sincere in his apology because he gave it without notes. But the Humane Society of the United States says that's not true: According to the Humane Society, Vick had handwritten notes in front of him -- and the Humane Society says it's in possession of those notes.


http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/09/04/humane-society-has-vicks-talking-points/

The notes reportedly say...

1. Apologize for what I've done
2. Apologize Commissioner, AB, Petrino, ashamed disappointed
3. Young kids I acted immature
4. Forgiveness & understanding
5. Take full responsibility for my actions
6. We all make mistakes I've made mistakes in judgment / Dogs have suffered


Apparently, a member of the Human Society's video crew saw the notes on Vick's podium and snatched them.

The Humane Society says they will sell the notes on eBay.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dingo18287


Most Valuable Poster

Joined: 22 Mar 2006
Posts: 9344
Location: With Jerry, Elaine, George, and Kramer at the Coffee Shop.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't they just leave the guy alone? So what if he had notes, he wanted to remember what he wanted to say. Now they're trying to make money off them? Shame on you

I don't know why he couldn't still be sincere because he had this list?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jagsfan18


Joined: 30 Jan 2005
Posts: 10342
Location: Johnstown, PA
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care anymore. I could care less if he had notes because it doesn't mean a thing to me. He will pay his debt to society.

There is no need to sell the notes either...some greedy stupid people out there. Confused
_________________

Props to El ramster for the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
K2fromtheU


Joined: 09 Feb 2007
Posts: 3344
Location: Akron, OH
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dingo18287 wrote:
Can't they just leave the guy alone? So what if he had notes, he wanted to remember what he wanted to say. Now they're trying to make money off them? Shame on you

I don't know why he couldn't still be sincere because he had this list?


I agree with that in essence. It is possible for him to be sincere and have notes.

The only problem is that Vick lied, again. He went out of his way to say he was speaking without notes and now they find his notes. Why say you don't have notes if you do? It's just one more web of lies that Vick wove all by himself. I don't feel bad for him at all.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jagsfan18


Joined: 30 Jan 2005
Posts: 10342
Location: Johnstown, PA
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K2fromtheU wrote:
Dingo18287 wrote:
Can't they just leave the guy alone? So what if he had notes, he wanted to remember what he wanted to say. Now they're trying to make money off them? Shame on you

I don't know why he couldn't still be sincere because he had this list?


I agree with that in essence. It is possible for him to be sincere and have notes.

The only problem is that Vick lied, again. He went out of his way to say he was speaking without notes and now they find his notes. Why say you don't have notes if you do? It's just one more web of lies that Vick wove all by himself. I don't feel bad for him at all.


I wouldn't really even call those notes. I would consider notes written sentences. I would think those were just reminders not notes like they are calling them.
_________________

Props to El ramster for the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
therealdeal


Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 10438
Location: Nashville,Tn
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don;t they just leave it at there.. They got what they wanted.. Vick has been convicted and will go through sentencing....

Now its time to move onto the next person.... which i doubt they will
_________________
Tennessee Titans Baby!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PACKRULE


Joined: 13 Mar 2006
Posts: 1653
Location: saskatoon
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dingo18287 wrote:
Can't they just leave the guy alone? So what if he had notes, he wanted to remember what he wanted to say. Now they're trying to make money off them? Shame on you

I don't know why he couldn't still be sincere because he had this list?


I can understand why they can't just leave him alone as you put it. Mike Vick is not the issue here it's dog fighting. If people in general or the Humaine society just let it go, how long before it's happening again. They need to make a point.

As well if they can sell the notes and the proceeds go towards sheltered animals i'm all for it.

In fact I hope this stays in the public eye for awhile. Anyone whot thinks Vick has already been through enough or is just going to serve a little time and it's done needs to be on the other side. Maybe go out and own a pet for one. Or better yet go find out first hand what they do with the dogs after they lose a match or win but are hurt. Hanging, drowning it deserves strong punishment.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
therealdeal


Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 10438
Location: Nashville,Tn
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhmm.. seems you missed my point..

When I said leave him alone, I mean, pointless stuff like this.. Its just stupid.. Since they got Vick, they need to settle up and try to go get another big time person in dogfighting if they really want to stop it.


Right now, little stuff like this is just pointless to even put out in the Media.. It gets on my nerves when someone does give an apology and everyone says "they dont mean it, they dont mean it" , and says something like , "they shouldnt have given one if they didnt mean it"


Its ridiculous that you get criticized for an apology, and criticized if you dont give one... It cant be 50/50 , it has to be either accept it, or dont.


Im tired of the media wanting people to break down crying and beg for forgiveness...

I don't accept what hes done, I dont think its right for a split second.. and at the same time, Im not about to sit here and keep typing crap and reading crap from people who have nothing else to do, but sit there and keep jumping on this and jumping on this for no reason at all.


Can they convict him more on this? No, so whats the point.. They should move on and focus on other big time players in this, and stop dancing around the fire and sit on their butts because of this one.
_________________
Tennessee Titans Baby!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
K2fromtheU


Joined: 09 Feb 2007
Posts: 3344
Location: Akron, OH
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After thinking about it some more, I changed my mind. I was wrong. Get your quote book out. You won't hear me say that very often.

But yeah, the horse is dead for crying out loud. The only thing that the "notes" really provided Vick was a basic guideline. I apologize for even starting this pointless thread. Embarassed
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PACKRULE


Joined: 13 Mar 2006
Posts: 1653
Location: saskatoon
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

therealdeal wrote:
uhmm.. seems you missed my point..

When I said leave him alone, I mean, pointless stuff like this.. Its just stupid.. Since they got Vick, they need to settle up and try to go get another big time person in dogfighting if they really want to stop it.


Right now, little stuff like this is just pointless to even put out in the Media.. It gets on my nerves when someone does give an apology and everyone says "they dont mean it, they dont mean it" , and says something like , "they shouldnt have given one if they didnt mean it"


Its ridiculous that you get criticized for an apology, and criticized if you dont give one... It cant be 50/50 , it has to be either accept it, or dont.


Im tired of the media wanting people to break down crying and beg for forgiveness...

I don't accept what hes done, I dont think its right for a split second.. and at the same time, Im not about to sit here and keep typing crap and reading crap from people who have nothing else to do, but sit there and keep jumping on this and jumping on this for no reason at all.


Can they convict him more on this? No, so whats the point.. They should move on and focus on other big time players in this, and stop dancing around the fire and sit on their butts because of this one.



I did get your point and I guess i'm speaking from the other side. Yes officials should go after others and it's unfortunate that this is a smaller issue compared to Vick's other issues.

The thing that makes me upset as a person on this planet is APETHY. How often is a crime committed and then within days/weeks forgotten and the person essentially off the hook. This is something that should stay in the public eye for a period of time. If people don't come up with other ways to hang Vick's name out there it's forgotten and then others that are in the same illegal arena will not get caught or have the spotlight shining on them.

Your points are valid as well though. I just believe in the other side.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gibbythemute


Joined: 11 Mar 2007
Posts: 10879
Location: BGKY
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As bad as what Vick did, this is just an embarassment to the Humane Society, PETA, and anyone else involved. All they care about is the damn money.
_________________

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
I'm scared. We've poked the beast and He's now arose.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
STLRedHawk7


Joined: 26 Feb 2006
Posts: 6244
Location: Arlington, VA but always repping St. Louis
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gibbythemute wrote:
As bad as what Vick did, this is just an embarassment to the Humane Society, PETA, and anyone else involved. All they care about is the damn money.

They're not-for-profits....???
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
therealdeal


Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 10438
Location: Nashville,Tn
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PACKRULE wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
uhmm.. seems you missed my point..

When I said leave him alone, I mean, pointless stuff like this.. Its just stupid.. Since they got Vick, they need to settle up and try to go get another big time person in dogfighting if they really want to stop it.


Right now, little stuff like this is just pointless to even put out in the Media.. It gets on my nerves when someone does give an apology and everyone says "they dont mean it, they dont mean it" , and says something like , "they shouldnt have given one if they didnt mean it"


Its ridiculous that you get criticized for an apology, and criticized if you dont give one... It cant be 50/50 , it has to be either accept it, or dont.


Im tired of the media wanting people to break down crying and beg for forgiveness...

I don't accept what hes done, I dont think its right for a split second.. and at the same time, Im not about to sit here and keep typing crap and reading crap from people who have nothing else to do, but sit there and keep jumping on this and jumping on this for no reason at all.


Can they convict him more on this? No, so whats the point.. They should move on and focus on other big time players in this, and stop dancing around the fire and sit on their butts because of this one.



I did get your point and I guess i'm speaking from the other side. Yes officials should go after others and it's unfortunate that this is a smaller issue compared to Vick's other issues.

The thing that makes me upset as a person on this planet is APETHY. How often is a crime committed and then within days/weeks forgotten and the person essentially off the hook. This is something that should stay in the public eye for a period of time. If people don't come up with other ways to hang Vick's name out there it's forgotten and then others that are in the same illegal arena will not get caught or have the spotlight shining on them.

Your points are valid as well though. I just believe in the other side.



Yes, it should stay in the media.. people should know what happened.. as an example.. BUT! Talk about what he did, and how its becoming a growing business and how we need to stop it.

Don't talk about "Vick said he didnt have notes for his apology.. but he did" what in the world does that have to do with what he did. How is that going to go towards the fight against dogfighting..

It was a pointless thing to put out
_________________
Tennessee Titans Baby!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
therealdeal


Joined: 26 Nov 2006
Posts: 10438
Location: Nashville,Tn
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRedHawk7 wrote:
gibbythemute wrote:
As bad as what Vick did, this is just an embarassment to the Humane Society, PETA, and anyone else involved. All they care about is the damn money.

They're not-for-profits....???



Well.. thats a hard one... Alot of the people who run these non-profit organizations do ride around in $50,000 - $60,000 cars, all paid off, and have private jets and live in these $xxx,xxx homes.. And it's their only job


Soooo.. there is some type of profit in it somewhere.... I dont know where.. but somewhere
_________________
Tennessee Titans Baby!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lone_Ranger90


Joined: 16 Aug 2007
Posts: 4947
Location: Western MD
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're really sincere about being sorry for what you did...why would you need notes in the first place? Seems to me that by speaking from the heart without any notes is a lot more sincere than jotting down what sounds "right" and reading from that.
_________________

^^^packerbacker87
R.I.P. B2TB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group