Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Humane Society has notes from Vick's notes-less speech?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
STLRedHawk7

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

therealdeal wrote:
STLRedHawk7 wrote:
gibbythemute wrote:
As bad as what Vick did, this is just an embarassment to the Humane Society, PETA, and anyone else involved. All they care about is the damn money.

They're not-for-profits....???

Well.. thats a hard one... Alot of the people who run these non-profit organizations do ride around in $50,000 - $60,000 cars, all paid off, and have private jets and live in these $xxx,xxx homes.. And it's their only job

Soooo.. there is some type of profit in it somewhere.... I dont know where.. but somewhere

Well, I haven't researched the financial statements of the Humane Society, but I guess I'll have to take you at your word. Point is, it's not like the president of the Humane Society is going to make bank off these "notes." The money, for all intents and purposes, will go to helping animals.
mattpayne11

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to print this thread and sell it on ebay.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRedHawk7 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
STLRedHawk7 wrote:
gibbythemute wrote:
As bad as what Vick did, this is just an embarassment to the Humane Society, PETA, and anyone else involved. All they care about is the damn money.

They're not-for-profits....???

Well.. thats a hard one... Alot of the people who run these non-profit organizations do ride around in $50,000 - $60,000 cars, all paid off, and have private jets and live in these $xxx,xxx homes.. And it's their only job

Soooo.. there is some type of profit in it somewhere.... I dont know where.. but somewhere

Well, I haven't researched the financial statements of the Humane Society, but I guess I'll have to take you at your word. Point is, it's not like the president of the Humane Society is going to make bank off these "notes." The money, for all intents and purposes, will go to helping animals.

Because it might go to a good need, doesn't justify the action. I just think it looks bad.. imo
Blaze

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean he still did apologize so whats the point of still harassing him on some notes. I hope they dont make a lick on Ebay

TexanNation Roast http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=237149
HOVA333

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its something that they could of left alone, but I guess it truly was not from the heart.

Adopt A Patriot
Logan Ryan : CB
Tkls: Int: FF:
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1: How do we know Vick didn't have notes, there is no proof to show us that Vick did have the notes, all we have is the word of PETA. Why is everyone treating wht the PETA says as truth?

2: Is it any harder to lie about an apology when you have notes as opposed to not having notes?? Not at all, so if he was lying he could have done it either way.

3: If he had notes and said he was sorry how does that change it in anyway from suddenly being from the hear to not being from the heart.

For all we know these Notes could be hand written by some supporter or member of PETA to try to keep their name in the limelight, to try and make a profit to help their cause.

This is stupidity, I personally have no respect for Vick, but PETA are jsut really annoying me now with these school yard antics.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

let's all please stop discussing PETA.

it has nothing to do with football or the NFL.

thank you.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Enrage

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm no Vick supporter but this is somewhat ridiculous. Redemption, in my eyes, will come when his actions show his desire to atone for his mistakes, not his words irregardless of notes or no notes.

The Mégane Experiment wrote:
Do you know why this is better than France? The French don't live here..
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enrage wrote:
I'm no Vick supporter but this is somewhat ridiculous. Redemption, in my eyes, will come when his actions show his desire to atone for his mistakes, not his words irregardless of notes or no notes.

Agreed. the old adage will forever ring tru, Actions speak louder than Words.

Unforunatly, I am not sure what actions Vick could do to redeem himself for the actions he has made over the past however long.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Zukhyubern

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for them. He did a trashy thing, and I have no respect for him. If this embarasses and humiliates him further, that's a good thing in my opinion.
NINERFAN_4_LIFE

Location: Buring the eternal flame Candlestick Park, wondering if I should throw my levis into the fire
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do we know that those are vicks notes? heck i could have written that for all anyone knows...
blitzking

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lone_Ranger90 wrote:
If you're really sincere about being sorry for what you did...why would you need notes in the first place? Seems to me that by speaking from the heart without any notes is a lot more sincere than jotting down what sounds "right" and reading from that.

It's nerve wracking getting up in front of a room full of reporters and having to talk. I actually think that these notes (if he actually did write them) show that he meant it, and that he didn't want to forget anybody or anything.

When somebody wins an Oscar and has a list of people to thank, does that list mean they aren't actually thankful?

In a meeting, if a CEO goes through an agenda full of thing he thinks will help the company, does that mean he isn't sincere about improving said company?

To me, it means they care MORE, and took the time before hand to make sure they get it RIGHT.

Not that what Vick did in the first place was right, but I think it's absurd to be reprimanding him for jotting down a list of key things he wanted to mention and people he wanted to apologize to.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did Vick every say he didn't use notes or was that something the media perceived and just went with it. If Vick says he didn't and he did it's not so much that he used them, but that he lied about not using them. If he never even mentioned notes, and the media just ran with the "He didn't use notes. it was from the heart" angle, then this is a non-story by a despicable organization that hides behind a good premise in PETA.

I think it would have been rather stupid for Vick not to have a few notes to keep himself on track, he's not exactly known for being a big public speaker. You can do 20 takes for a commercial, this time he had to get it right the first time.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
thesickness89

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

who cares?

#FIREHOKE2014
Night Angel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lone_Ranger90 wrote:
If you're really sincere about being sorry for what you did...why would you need notes in the first place? Seems to me that by speaking from the heart without any notes is a lot more sincere than jotting down what sounds "right" and reading from that.

I hate what Vick did and I really dont like the guy, but Im not going to bash him for anything stupid like this. He said he didnt write a speech, but everyone takes notes with them just to make sure they didnt forget anything. What is wrong with making sure that somebody didnt slip his mind on the stage when he really did want to say, but just forgot in the moment. Its a complete non-issue.

Personally, I dont think he is really sorry, rather sorry for getting caught and saying the right things. But what I think means the same as what you guys think and the rest of America thinks, it means nothing. Only time will tell if he really does change his ways and proves he is sorry. So let the guy go on the non-issues like this, that is my opinion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: