Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Terrell Owens: I wish Mcnabb was the Cowboys QB
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BoneyMaroney

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I find it funny that you attack Owens in this thread (mainly for his past actions), yet praise Randy Moss in another thread by stating that "His (Moss') work ethic and will to play have NEVER been an issue....he's always in great shape, and he wants to win."

If you are going to criticize pre-madonna wide receivers, especially when they did nothing wrong, then please do so evenly.

What does work ethic and a will to play have to do with craving the spotlight ??

If someone were to try and discount TOs work ethic and will to play.....I'd defend it, because much like Moss, thats never been an issue.

I find it funny that you couldnt see the difference in the two.

TMX Cowboy wrote:
Although Tom Brady is a great quarterback, I think he is overrated this year because his receivers make him look better than he is.
BoneyMaroney

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Its an interview... You're acting like he went out to the people and said.. Hey Guess What?!

No.....you're assuming thats how I feel.

Quote:
You're always looking at the dark side of everything like you personally know these people and have some type of personal grudge against people as if you keep reading about their past every single time you reply

You call it the darkside, I call it reality. The reality is he shouldnt have answered "honestly". A simple "Tony Romo is the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys and a teammate of mine.....I wouldnt want it any other way". You NEVER publicly admit you'd rather have someone other than your teammate.......I cant believe you dont see a problem with this !!

Quote:
People are reading too much into an interview and coming off biased like you would honestly Pick Tony Romo over Manning or McNabb.

I wouldnt pick Romo over Manning or McNabb....but Tony Romo isnt my teammate to insult the way Terrell Owens did. I guarantee Tony Romo didnt read much into it and really doesnt care, but thats not the point.

It all comes back to loyalty, team unity, and trust. Terrell Owens, once again proved that he doesnt have a sense of either concept.

TMX Cowboy wrote:
Although Tom Brady is a great quarterback, I think he is overrated this year because his receivers make him look better than he is.
therealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneyMaroney wrote:
Quote:
Its an interview... You're acting like he went out to the people and said.. Hey Guess What?!

Quote:
You're always looking at the dark side of everything like you personally know these people and have some type of personal grudge against people as if you keep reading about their past every single time you reply

You call it the darkside, I call it reality. The reality is he shouldnt have answered "honestly". A simple "Tony Romo is the quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys and a teammate of mine.....I wouldnt want it any other way". You NEVER publicly admit you'd rather have someone other than your teammate.......I cant believe you dont see a problem with this !!

Quote:
People are reading too much into an interview and coming off biased like you would honestly Pick Tony Romo over Manning or McNabb.

I wouldnt pick Romo over Manning or McNabb....but Tony Romo isnt my teammate to insult the way Terrell Owens did. I guarantee Tony Romo didnt read much into it and really doesnt care, but thats not the point.

It all comes back to loyalty, team unity, and trust. Terrell Owens, once again proved that he doesnt have a sense of either concept.

Man, you should really look at that link i posted to look at the video.. Because right now, you have no idea what you're talking about..

They said "BESIDES ROMO" so he answered it.. So what, Big Deal!!

Look at the video then reply.. otherwise, im done discussing this.. pointless

I bet if a magazine asked Phillip Rivers, if you couldn't pick LT, which running back would you have behind you. Larry Johnson or Shawn Alexander..

I bet you guys wouldn't give him a hard time for answering it.. the fact that its T.O and he has a history, people are too biased to look at it for what it really is.. Always trying to blow it up even bigger.

Last edited by therealdeal on Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
pierrepet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneyMaroney wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Trust, team unity, loyalty? Again, if you are going to praise R. Moss, then you have no right to criticize TO. I am not a TO fan but these remarks in no way bash Tony Romo.

Ironm1ke: "I am a huge Eli supporter, but his 2012 campaign was an epic turd."
thesickness89

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

man he couldnt keep his mouth shut could he Rolling Eyes

Judgement tiiiiiiiiiiiiiime
Iggles

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
You guys are all a bunch of suckers. This is a prelude to TO's next book...

Little T Learns To Forgive

The story will feature a fat bully (McNabb) who steals Little T's lunch money. Then, Little T (TO) forgives the bully and they become friends. The real moral will be TO forgives the credit stealing McNabb and even gave McNabb a compliment to prove that there are no hard feelings.

Wow, someone's still bitter over losing both division games to the Eagles. Donovan McNabb has been nothing but a class act throughout his career. If anyone is going to forgive in that situation, it's McNabb. Then again, I guess McNabb is a bully because he has forced teams to trade him and become a locker-room cancer. Oh wait, no, that was someone else.
BoneyMaroney

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Trust, team unity, loyalty? Again, if you are going to praise R. Moss, then you have no right to criticize TO. I am not a TO fan but these remarks in no way bash Tony Romo.

Again......work ethic and the will to play were being discussed NOT trust, loayalty etc. Just because TO is a selfish, suicidal narcissist I'm not allowed to point it out because I don't think Randy Moss has a work ethic issue ??

Rolling Eyes

TMX Cowboy wrote:
textaz03

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thesickness89 wrote:
man he couldnt keep his mouth shut could he Rolling Eyes
Do take what he said seriously Sick!!

As for GiantRutgersFan you should change this misleading title for this thread!! Those are not the words that TO said in his interview.

Guys, TO was asked in an interview of what QB he would like to have in Dallas outside of Romo!!!!! His reply was Manning First then McNabb second. Any right minded WR would want a Manning or a McNabb as their starting QB. No where in his interview did he say he wished that McNabb was the QB!!!

You all need to get your facts strait!!!!

My question for you guys is, Wouldn't you want a Manning or a McNabb??????? I know I would!!!!!!

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
BoYz2tHeBoWl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagz4life wrote:
Wow... TO is a moron. He just can't help but let idiot things come out of his mouth.

Oh so you would take Romo over Manning or McNabb? Thanks, but I don't think he's that good. Wink

Dallas94Ware wrote:
Perhaps it's your assessment is the one that is a knock on your ability to assess a football game.
therealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneyMaroney wrote:
Quote:

Again......work ethic and the will to play were being discussed NOT trust, loayalty etc. Just because TO is a selfish, suicidal narcissist I'm not allowed to point it out because I don't think Randy Moss has a work ethic issue ??

Rolling Eyes

T.O still goes out and play hard... Oh by the way.. Did you look at the video yet?
BoneyMaroney

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
T.O still goes out and play hard... Oh by the way.. Did you look at the video yet?

I've seen the video before and I didnt take TOs comment out of context. I know he was just answering a question in an interview, that wouldve been harmless if it were anyone else. But it was Terrell Owens. I know it was what other quarterback BESIDES Tony Romo. It still doesnt mean he isnt a self-promoting, spotlight demanding, egocentric individual.

This is nothing new......if you dont believe this by now, you're fooling yourself, because the "man" clearly has issues. Anytime anyone interviews this clown something he says turns into a story.....and most of the time, rightfully so. I'm not basing my opinion of Terrell Owens on this one particular "story" so arguing whether or not its a big deal doesnt matter because he's done many things that were.

TMX Cowboy wrote:
GaryClark

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
Guys, TO was asked in an interview of what QB he would like to have in Dallas outside of Romo!!!!!!!

Wrong.

Quote:
"If you could choose any quarterback in the NFL to be the No. 1 in Dallas, who would it be and why? Patrick McLeod, PANAMA CITY

Man, that's a tricky question. I don't want to cause trouble ... O.K., I would say Peyton Manning, then Donovan McNabb. Peyton has history on his side, with his dad being a quarterback, and you can't say enough about how studious he is in the film room."

Why as a moderator would you lie to make the situation better?
ninerminer49

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
Do take what he said seriously Sick!!

As for GiantRutgersFan you should change this misleading title for this thread!! Those are not the words that TO said in his interview.

Guys, TO was asked in an interview of what QB he would like to have in Dallas outside of Romo!!!!! His reply was Manning First then McNabb second. Any right minded WR would want a Manning or a McNabb as their starting QB. No where in his interview did he say he wished that McNabb was the QB!!!

You all need to get your facts strait!!!!

My question for you guys is, Wouldn't you want a Manning or a McNabb??????? I know I would!!!!!!

He was not asked what QB he would like to have instead of Romo. He was asked who he would like to be the #1 QB for Dallas which also includes Tony Romo. I personally think he should have just said Tony Romo and not elaborated on it. I am sure he wants to play with Manning or McNabb more but there really is no reason for him to say that he would rather play with them. I realize Romo may not be sensitive but any little bit of encouragement helps and if Owens had said Romo was the guy he wanted, I think it would have helped.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TO has gone on record saying the guy prodded him by saying "besides Romo".

There is nothing wrong with what he said. Heck, Parcells said it about the "star" plyer on another team almost every week last year.
xtremeskinssuck

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneyMaroney wrote:
Quote:
Yea, hes demanding the spotlight when the stuff came from an interview inside a magazine when they asked him which qb's outside of Romo would you take , and he gave his answer.. but yet, since he did an interview hes craving attention.. Please...

You're oblivious if you think otherwise. Anytime theres a quiet moment in NFL news.......TO surfaces with a comment, a dance, or a suicide attempt. He craves the spotlight, yet he doesnt know how to handle it. The "man" is a joke (and I use the term man VERY loosely).....
He's craving the spotlight just like Clinton Portis supposedly is when he makes one of his stupid statements and the press runs away with it. They goad these guys into making their headlines. Next thing you know all these people come racing out of the woodwork to say ,"Portis said What?!? OMG! It's the end of the World!" [b]If people worried more about football than creating drama these things might not get blown out of proportion. We see it all the time in Washington, the disinformation capitol of America, so we ignore most of the "stories" out there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: