Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Terrell Owens: I wish Mcnabb was the Cowboys QB
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blaze

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T.O. never knows when to shut up but he is quite the entertainer

TexanNation Roast http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=237149
BoneyMaroney

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
He's craving the spotlight just like Clinton Portis supposedly is when he makes one of his stupid statements and the press runs away with it. They goad these guys into making their headlines. Next thing you know all these people come racing out of the woodwork to say ,"Portis said What?!? OMG! It's the end of the World!" [b]If people worried more about football than creating drama these things might not get blown out of proportion. We see it all the time in Washington, the disinformation capitol of America, so we ignore most of the "stories" out there.

Its true. The media has their puppets, or clowns that they go to for a synthetic story based on a baited response.......and Clinton Portis and Terrell Owens are a couple of them. Theres a simple solution for them though....just....shut....up. They can't seem to, so the only explanation could be that they enjoy it. They enjoy the attention, and the spotlight. I mean after all......any publicity is good publicity Very Happy

TMX Cowboy wrote:
Although Tom Brady is a great quarterback, I think he is overrated this year because his receivers make him look better than he is.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneyMaroney wrote:
Quote:
He's craving the spotlight just like Clinton Portis supposedly is when he makes one of his stupid statements and the press runs away with it. They goad these guys into making their headlines. Next thing you know all these people come racing out of the woodwork to say ,"Portis said What?!? OMG! It's the end of the World!" [b]If people worried more about football than creating drama these things might not get blown out of proportion. We see it all the time in Washington, the disinformation capitol of America, so we ignore most of the "stories" out there.

Its true. The media has their puppets, or clowns that they go to for a synthetic story based on a baited response.......and Clinton Portis and Terrell Owens are a couple of them. Theres a simple solution for them though....just....shut....up. They can't seem to, so the only explanation could be that they enjoy it. They enjoy the attention, and the spotlight. I mean after all......any publicity is good publicity Very Happy

Well at the end of the day, they sale more jerseys and get to upset you. So who really wins here?
textaz03

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaryClark wrote:
textaz03 wrote:
Guys, TO was asked in an interview of what QB he would like to have in Dallas outside of Romo!!!!!!!

Wrong.

Quote:
"If you could choose any quarterback in the NFL to be the No. 1 in Dallas, who would it be and why? Patrick McLeod, PANAMA CITY

Man, that's a tricky question. I don't want to cause trouble ... O.K., I would say Peyton Manning, then Donovan McNabb. Peyton has history on his side, with his dad being a quarterback, and you can't say enough about how studious he is in the film room."

Why as a moderator would you lie to make the situation better?
Did I lie????? NO!!! As I said before check your facts.

From the Dallas Morning News

http://cowboys.beloblog.com/archives/2007/09/to_clarifies_time_qb_rankings.html#comments

Quote:
T.O. clarifies Time QB rankings
T.O. was asked about telling Time Magazine that Peyton Manning and Donovan McNabb top his list of QBs he'd want to see with the Cowboys. He shot a hole in any developing controversy, saying the interviewer said he couldn't include Tony Romo.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
BoneyMaroney

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well at the end of the day, they sale more jerseys and get to upset you. So who really wins here?

First off....I'm not upset. Just because I have an opinion in the matter, it doesnt mean I''m "upset".

Second....it's not about winning. I don't care about jersey sales, touchdown receptions, money made, or whatever. It's about Terrell Owens the person and what he is. Just because he sells more jerseys I lose and I'm not supposed to have an opinion (a widely shared one too) on the guy ??

What do jersey sales have to do with the fact that the guy is a selfish, self-promoting, spotlight craving clown ?? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. When your life is all said and done....noone remembers the money because eventually it's all gone....your legacy is whats remembered, and the type of person you were. Terrell Owens will go down as one of the best WRs of all-time and a selfish, self-promoting player........He won't be remembered as Terrell Owens, the guy who sold a lot of jerseys.

TMX Cowboy wrote:
Although Tom Brady is a great quarterback, I think he is overrated this year because his receivers make him look better than he is.
GaryClark

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
From the Dallas Morning News

http://cowboys.beloblog.com/archives/2007/09/to_clarifies_time_qb_rankings.html#comments

Quote:
T.O. clarifies Time QB rankings
T.O. was asked about telling Time Magazine that Peyton Manning and Donovan McNabb top his list of QBs he'd want to see with the Cowboys. He shot a hole in any developing controversy, saying the interviewer said he couldn't include Tony Romo.

You really believe that? Chat trascripts have the exact word for word, this is just damage control by TO.

Whatever its not a big issue anyways. Its just being overblown because its Terrell Owens.
Maverick41

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even the quote in this title is wrong.

The question was "If you could choose any quarterback in the NFL to be the number 1 in Dallas, which would it be?"

To which Owens said, Peyton Manning and then Donovan McNabb.

The only thing more ridiculous than the way news on Owens is reported, is the way you guys receive the news.

Terrell Owens is the single most mis-treated player in the NFL. You guys don't let this guy breathe without jumping on him.

Jaguarfan wrote:
holeman1 wrote:
Michael Floyd is on track for 13K yards this season

dude you don't know what K means
textaz03

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maverick41 wrote:
Even the quote in this title is wrong.
Tell me about it Mav. This was my first reply to this thread

textaz03 wrote:
As for GiantRutgersFan you should change this misleading title for this thread!!

May be GiantRutgersFan will come along and finally change the title!!!

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
chadpole69

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well after reading all the facts I'll give TO a pass on this one. He shouldve probably just avoided the question knowing it might get blown up into another mess but I'm proud he has been able to stay out of the limelight this long this year.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maverick41 wrote:
Terrell Owens is the single most mis-treated player in the NFL. You guys don't let this guy breathe without jumping on him.

and thats exactly the way he wants it.

he's a self-supportive blowhard that is only fueled by discussions like this and people taking pity on him. It's (he's) like a tire fire... no matter how much pollution it causes, or how much headlines it takes, or how much we don't want it to be around, it still rages on.

poor T.O. poor poor T.O. let's all feel bad for him because he makes himself the spectacle.

these are the consequences of his actions. or shall we not hold him responsible? Damn bleeding-heart liberals.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: