Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Brian Urlacher commenting on Shawne Merriman.....
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BoneyMaroney

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Brian Urlacher commenting on Shawne Merriman..... Reply with quote

Brian Urlacher on Shawne Merriman...

"The thing is, if you're going to do it, do it all the time," Urlacher said. "Do it when you make a bad play too. You'll never see me doing any stupid [stuff] like that after a play. The only thing I'll do is get a little happy with my teammates."

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/09/05/brian-urlacher-thinks-shawne-merriman-should-do-lights-out-dan/

I have always had the utmost respect and admiration for Brian Urlacher as a player and an individual, but even more so now. Get rid of these stupid "look at me" dances......celebrate with your teammates.

TMX Cowboy wrote:
Although Tom Brady is a great quarterback, I think he is overrated this year because his receivers make him look better than he is.
lago_vista

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I really hate Merriman's stupid dance, It is the most annoying thing that a player does in the NFL right now, I enjoy TD celebrations and stuff like that, but Merriman looks like he is straight CONVULSING he looks like he has an epileptic problem

I loved it when Vernon Davis did it right to his face in the Preseason game

MY GALLERY

WELCOME TO THE GATEWAY
AntonioGates

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess you missed this thread:

Merriman puts "Light's Out" mantra aside

And why is he singling out Merriman. Chad Johnson, Steve Smith, and the hundreds of other athletes who celebrate don't do it after a bad play. They do it after a good play.
jagz4life

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really a big deal... just adds a little more build up to the game.
lago_vista

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonioGates wrote:

And why is he singling out Merriman. Chad Johnson, Steve Smith, and the hundreds of other athletes who celebrate don't do it after a bad play. They do it after a good play.
Merriman does it after a freaking tackle or Sack those other guys are actually a little creative and they used to do it after TD's

MY GALLERY

WELCOME TO THE GATEWAY
BoneyMaroney

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

My guess is because they're both linebackers and Merriman did say he was going to tone it down......probably an attempt to get into his head before this Sunday.

TMX Cowboy wrote:
Although Tom Brady is a great quarterback, I think he is overrated this year because his receivers make him look better than he is.
G-Race22

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like Shawne Merriman as much as the next guy because he's officailly a cheater, once a cheater always a cheater. Seriously though, you all act like he is the only one who does this. Most people want to promote WR's and their ridiculous antics, but frown on Merriman? Oh, and how can this even be fair to Merriman? No one says a word when Ray "I can get away with murder" Lewis has an even more ridiculous dance than Shawne Merriman by miles. If you're going to hate on one player for one thing then keep it fair and hate on all players doing that one thing.

Dawg24 sig
Seattle Fans:
THEFOOTBALLXPRT wrote:
QB won't happen. Our QB of the future IS Charlie Frye.
Smile
ViKingsOWNpackers

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<<<LIGHT OUT>>>

let him dance.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G-Race22 wrote:
I don't like Shawne Merriman as much as the next guy because he's officailly a cheater, once a cheater always a cheater. Seriously though, you all act like he is the only one who does this. Most people want to promote WR's and their ridiculous antics, but frown on Merriman? Oh, and how can this even be fair to Merriman? No one says a word when Ray "I can get away with murder" Lewis has an even more ridiculous dance than Shawne Merriman by miles. If you're going to hate on one player for one thing then keep it fair and hate on all players doing that one thing.

Do you honestly think Lewis' dance is worse than the "ok lets turn the lights off" dance? People hate on Merriman more because he did roids and has an amazingly stupid dance. WRs atleast put thought into it, not just turning off a tattoo.

But this is old news, Meriman says he's going to stop the seizures. Now I dont have to look away from chargers came nowing that no ones going to die of a seizure.
m0town12

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it when the patriots do it to taunt him. That's my favorite.
forty six & 2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G-Race22 wrote:

Ray Lewis is a veteran leader and future Hall of Famer who has a Super Bowl ring and a Defensive MVP award. But the big difference is that Ray Ray does his dance entering the stadium before the game. Merriman does/did his during the game after every play he had a hand in. I saw him do it last season after running down a running back from the backside...after he gained 8 or so yards. That's ignorant, just like Roy Williams making an emphatic first down signal after a catch in the wanning moments of a game Detroit was losing by 3 scores. The only other LB I can think of that does anything similar is Joey Porter, and he is annoying too.

I don't like how the WR's have become either, but to be fair, they don't have signature moves they do all the time, they do something different each time. But the celebrations are overdone. Some fans like when a player, especially a WR scripts something to do after a score, but I think it's much better when it's spontaneous and celebrates the team, not one player. Choreographing a celebration to single your self out is bad sportsmanship, and this is a team sport. I want to scream to every WR, hey you don't snap the ball, protect the passer, run off coverage with a different route, and then throw the ball to yourself, it's not just about you! And for Merriman, I might be more inclined to respect him if instead of doing his dance he went over and personally thanked Jamal Williams after every play he's allowed to make because good old Jamal clogs up the interior of the opponents o-line.
Rodgers will settle into a 35 TD, 7 INT, 112 QB rating player.
Eagles $5$

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

m0town12 wrote:
I like it when the patriots do it to taunt him. That's my favorite.

I was just going to say that... Good stuff. Very Happy
I really donít have any respect for Shawne Merriman. The only reason he is "Toning it Down" is because LT told him so.

TommyC376 on the Sig
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonioGates wrote:

Because Smith and Johnson actually add to the entertainment value of a game with their celebrations, and a lot of them are actually quite funny - especially CJ's. Merriman's is just obnoxious - it looks like a cross between a seizure and [ironically] injecting a giant syringe into his arm.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
G

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever they do to "pump" themselves up is fine with me. (Latenmer dance Wink ) Sure, they sometimes or usually look like idiots, but it motivates them, their teammates and the fans of THAT team. Making fun of it is just as interesting. Laughing
I think the reason why he stopped doing it is because he needs to conserve that energy without the supplement boost. Wink
If he stays clean, performs just as good without the juice and leads by example, then he'll feel that some of the "taint" will come off his namesake. He's already thinking about his future after football and is getting good advice from someone. Good luck Merriman. Smile
Blaze

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why the NFL stands for no fun league. People don't allow the players to just have fun on the field with excesive celebrations. If he wants to dance, let him. It really isn't harming any one.

TexanNation Roast http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=237149

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: