Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Let's Try This Again - Mock Offseason 2.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
baconrad3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:57 am    Post subject: Let's Try This Again - Mock Offseason 2.0 Reply with quote

Current Est. Cap: 20.2 million

Notable Players Not Resigned/Cut:

CB Cary Williams (+7 million)
QB Mark Sanchez
TE James Casey (+4 million)
S Nate Allen
OLB Trent Cole (+8.4 million)
OLB Brandon Graham
WR Brad Smith
CB Bradley Fletcher
WR Jeff Maehl

Restructures:

ILB DeMeco Ryans (+2.8 million)

New Est. Cap: 42.4 million

Players Resigned:

WR Jeremy Maclin 5 yrs/$48 million w/$20 million guaranteed (-5 million)
-Far and away our best receiver, and played like a top 10 guy last season in our offense. Doesn't completely fit Chip's "mold" of what he ideally wants in a WR, but he is in his prime (26) and just put up a 1300 yd 10 td season with not-so-great QB play. With Cooper being a bust after getting paid last year,we need Maclin. He and Matthews will likely be the top 2 receivers in 2015, and a duo that I'm very
excited about.

DE Cedric Thornton 3 yrs/$10 million w/$3 million guaranteed (-2.2 million)
-Isn't a game changer, but is a very solid defensive end who is great against the run. Deserves a decent contract this offseason, and keeps our young, talented d-line core intact.

RB Chris Polk 2 yrs/$1.8 million (-0.9 million)
-Solid backup. No reason to let him walk.

ILB Casey Matthews 2 yrs/$2.4 million (-1 million)
-Chip likes him and he didn't play that badly filling in for DeMeco last season. He knows the defense,is a good special teams player, and is a solid back-up it seems.

New Est. Cap: 33.3 million

Free Agency:

QB Jake Locker 3 yrs/$12 million w/$4 million guaranteed (-3 million)
-Locker is a popular mock signing here and with good reason. I don't see us drafting a quarterback, as I still
think Foles will be the starter in 2015 and have confidence in him. But Locker is Chip's type of quarterback,
and might be a good project here. Could compete with Foles even in camp. At worst he'd be a good back-up, and
could even turn it around under Chip if he could stay healthy as a starter. Low risk/High reward.

OLB Jason Worilds 4 yrs/$18 million w/$7 million guaranteed (-3.3 million)
-Worilds has proven himself to be a very solid starting OLB with Pittsburgh. We let Graham walk, and Marcus Smith
is definitely not ready to start yet, so signing Worilds is our best option, aside from maybe going big and signing
someone like Brian Orakpo, but Orakpo is already 29 years old and will be asking for a lot more money. Worilds
is only 27, and is capable of playing well for us until we find a stud OLB across from Barwin (which could
still be Smith).

CB Byron Maxwell 4 yrs/$32 million w/$13 million guaranteed (-6.1 million)
-The free agent "prize" most of us want. Maxwell isn't exactly a top 10 cornerback, but he most definitely
is the type of player we want and can be a successful starter for us. Has good size, is physical, and is a
big upgrade against the pass from what we've had. The CB market is pretty dry so we'd have to give him more
money than he is probably worth, but we have the space to do it here. Will make things easier on our inevitable
early CB draft pick, so they won't have to step in and start right away.

S Marcus Gilchrist 3 yrs/$12 million w/$4 million guaranteed (-4 million)
-Rahim Moore and Devin McCourty are two bigger names, but Gilchrist would be a very good, under-the-radar signing
here if we got him. He's young, and though he doesn't have the "ideal" size, he does have that versatility that
our coaches seem to love in defenders and could play well next to Jenkins. He was drafted as a corner out of
Clemson and moved to safety during his time in San Diego. Not the most physical player, but he excels in coverage
and would be a good step toward improving our pass defense.

New Est. Cap: 16.4 million

2015 NFL Draft:

Round 1: Marcus Peters CB Washinton (6'0 198 lbs)
-Peters would be a possible top 10 pick if it weren't for his "character issues". But his issues aren't serious
enough to warrant taking him off our board, as he doesn't have a criminal record. Peters just needs a strong locker
room and good coaches, which I believe we have. He is a better pure corner than Waynes, and is an elite cover prospect
especially in press or on man coverage. Has elite ball skills and an uncanny ability to locate the football. One of the
best corner prospects, IMO, in years only we will be lucky enough to get him because of his minor character issues being
that he was kicked off the team. I personally saw how great he was when he shut down Jaelen Strong, a likely day 1 draft
pick at WR from Arizona State.

*We trade our 2nd round pick, 4th round pick, and 7th round pick to Atlanta for their 2nd round pick

Round 2 (via Atl): Chris Hackett S TCU (6'2 195 lbs)
-Chip moves up here to grab another secondary player, this time it's TCU safety Chris Hackett. Hackett has the size and
versatility that we covet in a defensive back (he can play either safety spot). He's shown that he can cover WRs
1 on 1 and is extremely strong against the run. He's a very physical player who can line up in the box or as a middle deep
safety, providing us with a potentially great safety-mate to Malcolm Jenkins in the future. He had 7 ints and 15 PDs
in 2014 at TCU.

Round 3: Taiwan Jones ILB Michigan State (6'3 258 lbs)
-As of right now, some might think this is too early to take Jones. But come draft time, he will be a 3rd round pick
at worst. Jones has the size and power that scouts drool over. He's got long arms that help him shed blocks easily and
possesses rare closing speed for a linebacker of his size. Would likely sit as a rookie barring any injuries to Kendricks
or Ryans, but I believe he could be our starter alongside Mycal in a couple years. I think he is the kind of player
that Chip will fall in love with and take in the draft. Large, physical, and best of all very athletic linebacker.

*We trade our 4th round pick from Buffalo, 6th round pick, and 2016 5th round pick to New England for their 3rd round pick

Round 3 (via NE): Jake Fisher OL Oregon (6'6 300 lbs)
-I believe Chip will be aggressive in trading up to get guys he wants, and Fisher will probably be one of those guys.
He can play inside or outside up front, and will likely be Herremans' long term replacement. Might even win the
job in TC as a rookie.

Round 5: Antwan Goodley WR Baylor (5'11 210 lbs)
-Goodley came into 2014 CFB season with huge expectations and was a bit of a let-down, thanks to a few minor injuries.
But he still finished the year strong with 830 yds and 6 tds, including a 8 catch 158 yd 2 td game against TCU. Goodley
has a great first step and good acceleration off the LOS, and has very good YAC ability with his breakaway speed and
powerful stiff arm. We get a WR with great potential in the 5th round here in Goodley. Though he isn't the ideal height
(he is 5'11), he has a stocky build and good frame to go along with great speed.

2015 Predicted Depth Chart
*Bold indicates free agent
*Italic indicates rookie

Offense:

QB: Nick Foles / Jake Locker / Matt Barkley
HB: LeSean McCoy / Darren Sproles / Chris Polk
TE: Zach Ertz / Brent Celek / Trey Burton
WR1: Jeremy Maclin / Josh Huff
WR2: Riley Cooper / Antwan Goodley
WR3: Jordan Matthews
LT: Jason Peters / Andrew Gardner
LG: Evan Mathis / Dennis Kelly
C: Jason Kelce / David Molk
RG: Todd Herremans / Jake Fisher
RT: Lane Johnson / Allen Barbre

Defense:

RDE: Fletcher Cox / Brandon Bair
NT: Bennie Logan / Beau Allen
LDE: Cedric Thornton / Vinny Curry / Taylor Hart
SOLB: Connor Barwin / Travis Long / Bryan Braman
SILB: DeMeco Ryans / Taiwan Jones
WILB: Mychal Kendricks / Casey Matthews
LEO: Jason Worilds / Marcus Smith
CB: Byron Maxwell / Jaylen Watkins
S: Malcolm Jenkins / Ed Reynolds / Chris Maragos
S: Marcus Gilchrist / Chris Hackett
CB: Nolan Carroll / Marcus Peters
Slot CB: Brandon Boykin

K: Cody Parkey
P: Donnie Jones
LS: Jon Dorenbos

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
Rock-Stark

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's solid. I like it.

54 Tackles, 5 TFL's, 4 sacks, 3 fumbles recovered and 1 FF.
T-rade

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take Graham over Worilds, and Worilds will demand more money..
Otherwise I like it

Matts4313 wrote:
Your other desnmarkian is funny.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly think we should just cut demeco and make a better effort of replacing him.

Guy was a shell of his former self after his first achilles. I imagine his career is already over now.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
DeJack_10

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it. Favorite mock so far, great job.

Worlds is solid and an excellent replacement for Graham, but if we can keep BG, I would. I also love how our secondary turned into an advantage for us. If this happens, I'd call it an excellent offseason
Ryan8910101

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The nearly-unchanged front seven plus that heavily upgraded secondary... That D would be top 10.

Vote for my NFL Current Players Draft Team
baconrad3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Honestly think we should just cut demeco and make a better effort of replacing him.

Guy was a shell of his former self after his first achilles. I imagine his career is already over now.

I think he still could have 1 to 2 years of good play leftt. hes not a LB who relies heavily on athleticism like Kendricks.

all the more reason to draft an inside linebacker in the first three rounds. I think Jones could be a starter.

We dont really need to make any changes whatsoever to our defensive line which helps us so we can focus on secondary in the draft and free agency.

Gilchrist is a guy I wouldnt mind seeing signed here. He wouldnt be expensive and the guys strength is his pass defense

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
Jeezla

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
Not the most physical player, but he excels in coverage
and would be a good step toward improving our pass defense.

Disagree with that statement in regards to Marcus Gilchrist. He doesn't excel at anything. He's a borderline starter that SD isn't in any hurry to re-sign because he's easily replaceable.

Kilty Sig '15 Wish List: M Peters, TJ Clemmings, E Rowe, S Anthony, L Tomlinson, T McBride
Word_is_Bond

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate losing Graham, but I could very well see it happening. If he does test the market, we would have to bring Cole back; I'm he'd be up for a restructure. I don't think we should cut both Williams and Fletcher, keep at least one for depth puproses. I like all the re-signings. Maclin should be top priority when it comes to our free agents, and that contract seems realistic as well.

I like the Jake Locker signing. As I've said in the past, I'm really high on him and if he can stay healthy he can be a very good starting QB in the league and at the very least provide great competition at the QB position. The Worilds signing is very good, would serve as a solid replacement for Graham. Although, I do think he would demand more money than that, but not as much as Graham. Gotta love the Maxwell signing as well, I'm really hoping we can lure him in; he's my top target as far as free agent CBs go. Solid signing with Gilchrist, would be a solid starter at a reasonable price.

Gotta love the Peters pick, any corner in the 1st would be ok with me. I'm a bit skeptical whether or not Chip would go with him, though. Hackett is fine, youth and depth at safety is a need. I love Jones, ILB is a big need as well. Fisher is a realistic pick, could definitely see that happening. Plus, OL depth and youth is needed. Goodley is a great pick, would be a weapon on our team.

Overall, this was fantastic, the best mock I've seen yet. I'd be ecstatic if this is how our off season played out. Good stuff.

WiB's 50 Greatest Players of All Time
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad, I'll take it although I'll take Graham over Worilds

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
nlesthought

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft: 8
FA: 6.5
Misc 7
Total: 7

By far the most aggressive draft I've seen thus far moving up mulitple times to get guys. Guys I like T. Jones, Hackett, Peters. Bad thing is they are moves for day 1 backups future starters good thing is they aren't trading high picks

My only concern is you grab a guy like Locker who's more athletic but we're sticking with Foles? Meaning if Foles doesn't prove it we'll be looking QB again next year.

I agree with Ninja, if we're cutting Cole, don't see why we keep Ryans. Definitely think Worilds will ask for more. He made 9+ just off a 1 yr deal last year.

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig
rememberthevet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am most impressed by the Gilchrist signing. He seems like the type of player we would go after....versatile, undervalued and I remember Howie saying they liked kids from military families.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: