Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eagles inquiring about Torrey Smith (A Geoffery)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 47824
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:48 pm    Post subject: Eagles inquiring about Torrey Smith (A Geoffery) Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/24/eagles-49ers-talking-torrey-smith-trade/

Quote:
The Eagles and 49ers are discussing a trade involving wide receiver Torrey Smith, multiple sources told PFT.

No deal is imminent, but the Eagles potentially acquiring Smith makes sense.

_________________


Adopted Cowboy - Jaylon Smith - Stats:Tick Tock, Tick Tock


Last edited by Matts4313 on Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eagles $5$


Joined: 03 Apr 2007
Posts: 25710
Location: USA
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for making a thread for us Laughing
_________________


Kiltman on the Sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 47824
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles $5$ wrote:
Thanks for making a thread for us Laughing


I made your GDT once too, IIRC, but it got deleted.

Im always down to help the Destitute, Decrepit and the Desolate. PS, there is another Big D about to enter your life.
_________________


Adopted Cowboy - Jaylon Smith - Stats:Tick Tock, Tick Tock
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DeJack_10


Joined: 11 Jan 2010
Posts: 1400
Location: Los Angeles, CA
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Eagles $5$ wrote:
Thanks for making a thread for us Laughing


I made your GDT once too, IIRC, but it got deleted.

Im always down to help the Destitute, Decrepit and the Desolate. PS, there is another Big D about to enter your life.


We all know you're a closet Eagles fan Matts. Wink

I would die if the only reason we signed Taylor Hart was to send him to Chip Laughing
_________________
Bird Watch: DT Bennie Logan
//TCK 12 // SCK 2 // STF 2 // FF 2 // BK 2 //
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheRealMcCoy


Joined: 12 Aug 2011
Posts: 12346
Location: Inland Empire
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeJack_10 wrote:
I would die if the only reason we signed Taylor Hart was to send him to Chip Laughing

Are you forgetting who claimed Hart after we released him?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheRealMcCoy


Joined: 12 Aug 2011
Posts: 12346
Location: Inland Empire
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, no thanks to Smith. He is gonna be making 9.6 million for the next 3 years. I'd rather sign Jaron Brown in FA this upcoming off-season. Brown unfortunately just tore his ACL the other day. He was starting to take Floyd's snaps as he was struggling and probably could've put up solid numbers, but with the injury I'm sure his price is going to be a bargain assuming he comes back strong from the ACL, but it seems like that isn't usually a problem nowadays.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 47824
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
Also, no thanks to Smith. He is gonna be making 9.6 million for the next 3 years. I'd rather sign Jaron Brown in FA this upcoming off-season. Brown unfortunately just tore his ACL the other day. He was starting to take Floyd's snaps as he was struggling and probably could've put up solid numbers, but with the injury I'm sure his price is going to be a bargain assuming he comes back strong from the ACL, but it seems like that isn't usually a problem nowadays.


'Murica needs to learn numbers again. You would owe $6.5m/yr. The 9ers are on the hook for the rest.

Its actually a very solid cap hit.
_________________


Adopted Cowboy - Jaylon Smith - Stats:Tick Tock, Tick Tock
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EagleDeegle


Joined: 12 Nov 2007
Posts: 1640
Location: Balmer, Merlin
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! We need a deep threat
_________________
Bird Watch: Jordan Hicks //Tackles: 62//Sacks: 1//INT: 2//PD: 8
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nlesthought


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 10867
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Treggs must have hands of stone.
_________________
Bird Watch: Malcolm (X) Jenkins l 41 tackles l 1 sack l 6 pass defended l 1 INT l 1 six-pack l A few times toasted l 1 meeting with congress
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JayWood2010


Joined: 30 Dec 2015
Posts: 364
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan Mathews - 3rd year
Nelson Agholor - 2nd year
Josh Huff - 3rd year
DGB - 2nd Year
Bryce Treggs - 1st year

The question I have is, should the Eagles really give up on one of these guys this early?

If Bryce Treggs develops, and Nelson continues to improve then you would have two deep threats. Though Torrey Smith is currently a bigger threat than both as Nelson has been a disapointment, and who knows about Bryce Treggs.

Idk about cutting Nelson this early in his career though, so that would leave Bryce Treggs or Huff out, and Huff has shown to be somewhat useful.

Even if we do get Smith, it isnt likely that he will make an impact right away considering he will need to learn the offense. DGB came in late, and he is just now getting more action.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Art_Vandalay


Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 24065
Location: Thornton, CO
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JayWood2010 wrote:
The question I have is, should the Eagles really give up on one of these guys this early?

Yes to Nelson Agholor. He's supposed to be the speedster but can't generate any separation. If he does get open, his hands are inconsistent. Chip got him in the first round so I imagine he'd be part of the trade. Give 'em Agholor and a 6th. I'd be fine with that.
_________________

Bird Watch: DE Vinny Curry
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheRealMcCoy


Joined: 12 Aug 2011
Posts: 12346
Location: Inland Empire
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
Also, no thanks to Smith. He is gonna be making 9.6 million for the next 3 years. I'd rather sign Jaron Brown in FA this upcoming off-season. Brown unfortunately just tore his ACL the other day. He was starting to take Floyd's snaps as he was struggling and probably could've put up solid numbers, but with the injury I'm sure his price is going to be a bargain assuming he comes back strong from the ACL, but it seems like that isn't usually a problem nowadays.


'Murica needs to learn numbers again. You would owe $6.5m/yr. The 9ers are on the hook for the rest.

Its actually a very solid cap hit.

Still don't really want him. He has inconsistent hands.

I don't want to give up any picks for him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eagles18


Joined: 19 May 2009
Posts: 3560
Location: Mountain West USA #ChipVader
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason La Canfora wrote:
Wouldn't rule out the Eagles inquiring on Alshon Jeffery as well. Howie Roseman loves to make deals. Wentz needs weapons on the outside...

_________________
Intelligence is like a river. The deeper it is... the less noise it makes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
willy_law


Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Posts: 10114
Location: Washington DC
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles18 wrote:
Jason La Canfora wrote:
Wouldn't rule out the Eagles inquiring on Alshon Jeffery as well. Howie Roseman loves to make deals. Wentz needs weapons on the outside...


this is something, i could get very behind
_________________
TomRalph wrote:
Eli Manning is the devil.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nlesthought


Joined: 21 Feb 2007
Posts: 10867
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't recall more than 3 or 4 deep passes all year.

Also in his defense, I dont' think Agholor is supposed to be a deep threat, 4.4 is good speed its not take the top off the D, speed.
_________________
Bird Watch: Malcolm (X) Jenkins l 41 tackles l 1 sack l 6 pass defended l 1 INT l 1 six-pack l A few times toasted l 1 meeting with congress
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group