Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Az Hakim
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jagz4life

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:42 am    Post subject: Az Hakim Reply with quote

Found this on KFFL, thought it might interest you...

Chiefs | Closing in on Hakim? - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 10 Jun 2005 05:22:58 -0700

Elizabeth Merrill, of the Kansas City Star, reports the Kansas City Chiefs are moving closer to signing free agent WR Az-Zahir Hakim (Lions). Head coach - Vermeil, as reported, said the team is talking with Hakim's agent and are headed in the right direction.
LonghornsDJ&CB

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya ive wanted to pursue him for a while i really like him but i dont kno if he'll go for the league minimum and weve had a bad past with lions recievers but i like Az

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if he plays the slot hes pretty decent. if hes forced into a 1 or 2 role he will fail. just like he did here. and he drops balls pretty occasionally

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

longhorns... where do you think he'll fit in with you guys? like depth chart-wise.
CHIEFS 4 LIFE

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagz4life wrote:
longhorns... where do you think he'll fit in with you guys? like depth chart-wise.

Why do you ask that do you think he wont fit on our team.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No... I was just asking. I'm wondering, as Chiefs fans, you know more than I do about your team and I was wondering where you think he will be on your depth chart?
cowboyzvin6

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Hakim, it helps their offense. But they still need help for their defense.
titans will return

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cowboyvin you are basically spamming STOP!!! they helped their Defense out enough in the Off-season they need to get younger on O stop the 1 line bullstuff that doesnt make sense
Crackers445

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They already signed him. I saw it on ESPN this morning
LonghornsDJ&CB

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagz4life wrote:

well i dont like kennison i like boerighter and chris horn both more and i like Az to switch out with horn at 2 and switch out kennison and boerighter at 1 i like to mix it up a bit but i think hes a solid two

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooo im sorry i didnt mean to jump at you ok i understand now

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its cool... I didnt mean it badly, I just was asking a question.. just a misunderstanding Laughing
kcbamm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: az hakim Reply with quote

if he is close to what he was a couple years ago i think he will be a good addition. he knows the offense. if parker emerges as a no.2 with his speed a healthy priest, a kealthy kris wilson and tony g. and this offense could be scary!! on "D" the lb are bell, johnson and in the middle you have scanlon, mitchell, maz? watch for boomer grigsy. i have talked to a former northern iowa player who knows of him and from what he says he is awesome! he should have been playing div 1. don't forget fox, fujita and stills is moving back to lb. a year ago we had a lb shortage. now we have a good problem. i think the cb are going to be better because of the lb strength. i think the o- line is the concern of the near future
GoLions17

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LonghornsDJ&CB wrote:
jagz4life wrote:

well i dont like kennison i like boerighter and chris horn both more and i like Az to switch out with horn at 2 and switch out kennison and boerighter at 1 i like to mix it up a bit but i think hes a solid two
trust me, hes not a solid two. thats why hes done so terrible in detroit because he was forced to play #2. if he does play two, get ready to be dissapointed just like everyone in detroit was

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree. I dont want him at the 2 spot. he needs to be in the 3rd slot when between the 20's. inside the 20's i'd prefer to go with wilson or boerighter if he can stay healthy. a quick note on dante hall. there has been alot of emphasis by the chiefs to get hall back to kick returns and away from the offense. thats fine.. i agree. i hated him running traditional "receiver" routes. however. i like him in for lil screens and reverses OR fakes to those plays.

i'd also like to note.. johnny morton gets a bad rap with alot of people. they all expected a superstar reciever and he wasnt. i however am happy with his time as a chief. i thought last year especially outside of a bad fumble (tampa game) he had a really solid year. he was big on 3rd down outs all year long and i really hope someone else can fill that role and make those game in game out 3rd down catches he made. sure he had some drops over his time here. alot of people focus on a drop in the colts game.. but the way i figure it.. we scored plenty that game.. we didnt deserve to win it with that sorry excuse for a defense ! thanks for your time as a Chief Johnny !
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:14/Assists:1/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0/PD:1/INT:0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: