Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Joey Thomas Leading ...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiwiFan94 wrote:
Carroll has the speed to cover any WR but does not believe that so he holds. He has been working on that and has been holding a lot less then he did last year. I do believe Carroll will be solid and I do belive he will be the starter this year. I think Carroll will surprise a lot of people this year when he does well.

From what I hear, Carroll hasn't done anything positive this offseason.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiwi,

If he does end up starting and producing, then it really should not come as a surprise. Afterall, he was drafted in the 1st round and probably makes a good deal of money.

If he doesn't pan out this year, I'd do my best to unload him and move on. No sense in making another Jamaal Reynolds or Tony Mandarich outta him, who just never seemed to go away. It would be yet another 1st round bust, which Green Bay had many of prior to Wolf taking over.

Carroll's problems are 100 percent mental. For starters, he's about as dumb as a man could be without legally being diagnosed a mental retard. There's no way he kicks his bad habits before the season begins. If there was any chance of that happening, we would have witnessed it by mid-season last year when everyone was all over him about it. This is more evidence on why I would be very, very careful, when drafting certain positions, that I pick a player with the ability to listen, comprehend and learn, a la above average Wonderlic score.
KiwiFan94

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
For starters, he's about as dumb as a man could be without legally being diagnosed a mental retard

Thats not even called for you don't know squat about him so try not and call names here.

Quote:

He has been doing very well, except for the one time he held DD and Bates unload a mouthful into his ear. He has been very agressive well as agressive you can be with out pads.

Quote:
There's no way he kicks his bad habits before the season begins. If there was any chance of that happening, we would have witnessed it by mid-season last year when everyone was all over him about it. This is more evidence on why I would be very, very careful, when drafting certain positions, that I pick a player with the ability to listen, comprehend and learn, a la above average Wonderlic score

There you go agian stuck on this Wonderlic test. You know you say that you want Nick Collins to start at CB but that goes against what you say because he will be imcompentent to play there. Carroll was very productive in college I watched a few of his games and he has the knowledge. I think he will be ten times better and I hope he proves you wrong because he is a good player.

~Mozilla on the sig~
stchamp98

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiwiFan94 wrote:
Quote:
For starters, he's about as dumb as a man could be without legally being diagnosed a mental retard

Thats not even called for you don't know squat about him so try not and call names here.

Quote:

He has been doing very well, except for the one time he held DD and Bates unload a mouthful into his ear. He has been very agressive well as agressive you can be with out pads.

Quote:
There's no way he kicks his bad habits before the season begins. If there was any chance of that happening, we would have witnessed it by mid-season last year when everyone was all over him about it. This is more evidence on why I would be very, very careful, when drafting certain positions, that I pick a player with the ability to listen, comprehend and learn, a la above average Wonderlic score

There you go agian stuck on this Wonderlic test. You know you say that you want Nick Collins to start at CB but that goes against what you say because he will be imcompentent to play there. Carroll was very productive in college I watched a few of his games and he has the knowledge. I think he will be ten times better and I hope he proves you wrong because he is a good player.

Very well?

That's the exact opposite of everything I've heard and read.

Look at the name of this topic, that says it all right there.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy, lads! Just stating the obvious.

Here's another point for ya...Carroll can't cover NFL receivers and he is not improving. He has all the tools anyone would ever want to have to play the position, yet he cannot. So, what else can one surmise is his problem? It surely isn't physical, so what's left?

Nick Collins, while low Wonderlic score, has proven he can shut down top NCAA receivers. Can he do the same to NFL receivers? Let's give him a try. No pressure on him because he's a safety. If he can't cut it, nothing lost. If he can, everything gained.

Again, just read my comments and try not to take them personally. There are bright people and not-so-bright people in this world. It's a fact of life.

Go Pack!!!
KiwiFan94

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Easy, lads! Just stating the obvious.

Here's another point for ya...Carroll can't cover NFL receivers and he is not improving. He has all the tools anyone would ever want to have to play the position, yet he cannot. So, what else can one surmise is his problem? It surely isn't physical, so what's left?

Nick Collins, while low Wonderlic score, has proven he can shut down top NCAA receivers. Can he do the same to NFL receivers? Let's give him a try. No pressure on him because he's a safety. If he can't cut it, nothing lost. If he can, everything gained.

Again, just read my comments and try not to take them personally. There are bright people and not-so-bright people in this world. It's a fact of life.

I see your points I was not trying to make it personal or anything I guess this is one of those things. Where I think he can succeed and you don't we can't change the way we think.

I do see your point on Collins but I just see him being more help at safety because the way I have played and seen is that a okay to poor corner can do well with a good safety. That is why I want Collins to play safety I think he can help out with our okay to poor corners in Thomas and Carroll.

~Mozilla on the sig~
rushpacker_56

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I for one cannot wait until training camp to see who gets the nod at corner and how he does in the regular season. I for one think that Carrol will start as they have a lot invested in him.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. Carroll is the 'starter' opposite Harris until it's proven he can't HANDle the position. Joey may prove to be the better coverage player and may not get as many holding/interference/illegal contact penalties, but can he tackle?

Could be a surprise player such as Denby or Hawkins?
rushpacker_56

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Hawkins has a shot, but that is only based on his story.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flash of insight (or several fermented malt beverages :)) ....
Why does a defense have to play TWO cornerbacks?
With more teams going to 3 and 4 wide receiver sets, why not have 3 cornerbacks? The "Free Safety" would then be a cornerback in the middle of the field!
Why don't I get paid for this inspiration?
stchamp98

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mgcc1949 wrote:
Flash of insight (or several fermented malt beverages Smile) ....
Why does a defense have to play TWO cornerbacks?
With more teams going to 3 and 4 wide receiver sets, why not have 3 cornerbacks? The "Free Safety" would then be a cornerback in the middle of the field!
Why don't I get paid for this inspiration?

Salary cap problems!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't ask for any more than the veteran minimum.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mgcc1949 wrote:
I wouldn't ask for any more than the veteran minimum.

LOL, well maybe we could swing that.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I could survive on $540k a year. It would be a struggle.
May have to cut out the extra donut or something.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: