Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rushpacker_56 Posistion Breakdown: Offense

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rushpacker_56

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:48 pm    Post subject: Rushpacker_56 Posistion Breakdown: Offense Reply with quote

QB- Our QB situation looks solid for the season. Favre will be good again, amybe better because of his offseason training, but he will throw up more picks than we would like again. Nall has proven that he can step in when needed. Rodgers has not impressed much at minicamp, but he will get better down the line.

Grade: B+

RB- Our running backs look great at the moment. Green should have a great year again without injury, so look for some big numbers from him. Davenport is a great change of pace back and will be able to come in and dominate when called upon. Fischer is a good 3rd down back. Henderson is a great blocking fullback and is a good reciever as well, but he is aging a bit.

Grade: A

WR- Our wide reciver posistion looks stacked. With the assumption Walker comes back, this unit might be the strength of the team. Walker should be a top reciever again, and Driver will likely put up some good numbers as well. Ferguson will have an OK year, but Murphy will probably move past him on the depth chart. Murphy will have an OK rookie season, but he will eventually move into the starting job. Bragg is a good 5th reciever.

Grade: A

TE- This could be an adequate group, but Franks is a tad overrated by some. He can be a monster in he red zone, but he will never have huge yardage numbers. The backups are proving to be crap, as Steele and Martin both drop too many passes. I like Franks, but don't like Steele or Martin. Maybe Cross will step up and do something...

Grade: B-

OL- This group will be much better than what most expect. I know that the loss of Wahle and Rivera will hurt, but the loss will not cause this group to totally suck. Clifton is a Pro Bowl type player, but he is not as well known as most tackles and is a bit underrated. Tauscher is possibly the best right tackle in the game. Flanagan was a consistant Pro Bowler before he was injured last season. Kevin barry provides a great player as he can play guard or tackle. Matt O'Dwyer, Adrian Klemm, and Grey Ruegamer provide excellent depth and one or two might fill the guard spots. Atlas Herrnion has something, and Scott Wells was a great find last season.

Offense Grade: B+

Defensive Breakdown Coming Soon!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Rushpacker_56 Posistion Breakdown: Offense Reply with quote

[quote="rushpacker_56"]QB- Our QB situation looks solid for the season. Favre will be good again, amybe better because of his offseason training, but he will throw up more picks than we would like again. Nall has proven that he can step in when needed. Rodgers has not impressed much at minicamp, but he will get better down the line.

RB- Our running backs look great at the moment. Green should have a great year again without injury, so look for some big numbers from him. Davenport is a great change of pace back and will be able to come in and dominate when called upon. Fischer is a good 3rd down back. Henderson is a great blocking fullback and is a good reciever as well, but he is aging a bit.

well all i can say is I hope soo. because ill be damned if Favre gets hurt...I would love for us to help him get a ring

Last edited by de1packers on Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
KiwiFan94

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good I think you got it down to a T.

~Mozilla on the sig~
Rue_Brittania

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know u did a lot of work Rush. This is just my opinion:

QB-Favre is good, definately one of the best when he plays well, and we have a quality back up in Nall and eventually Rodgers
A-

RB-Ahman Green, enough said. Davenport and Fisher are good back ups, not starters
A

FB-Henderson is a pro bowl player, hes very good at what he does. Luchey, according to everyone here, is "overweight" but i think he performs well on the field, he can get in better shape
A

WR-I think potentially we have no idea how good of a core we have if walker returns....Vikings Secondary will get torn apart-especially since the Vikings are cursed(they have never and will never win a superbowl)

TE-Franks will probably re-sign, besides him I have no confidence in our TE position, Franks isnt even that good. We need to improve our TE postion
C-

OL-The OL has been the anchor of this team and will continue with new players, remember we have two tackles-Clifton and Tauscher and a good Center-Flanagan. The packers will put teh pieces together at Guard, I'm not worried about this position, since I don't know who will start I give the OL
B+

Overall the packers Offense ranks as a A-

Our entire Defense sums it up with that celebrity softball game when the Offense beat the Defense like 22-7 or something like that.....we can only hope Jim Bates is a miracle worker
rcskid01

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no grade for wide recievers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: