Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Urlacher Makes The Call ...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hauschild

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:59 am    Post subject: Urlacher Makes The Call ... Reply with quote

I just read Urlacher said Da Bears are the team to beat in the NFC North this year. Maybe we better check his Wonderlic score, huh???

I have no idea why this dude would say something so foolish. I mean, Da Bears cannot score on offense. I don't care how your "guys are flying around all over the place on defense", you can't win consistently without scoring 20+ points on offense every game.

I can't wait to bludgeon those jokers again this year!
ikkf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh...

a lot of talk going around at the moment.

Culpepper proclaimed that the Vikes will win 12 games minimum this season.

It's all well and good to talk in June...

As long as the Pack let their play do the talking come September, I don't give a toss what Culpepper or Urlacher have to say right now...
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i can't condemn Urlacher for this he is one of their team leaders, if Ahman Green was interviewed today and said " uh we'll be o.k. but don't expect miracles." how would you react?
nor*cal09

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C'mon guys these are leaders of their respective teams you must show confidence regardless of your true thoughts. Didnt Favre say last year that The Packers would make the bowl?
mgcc1949

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking this time of year is... well, talking.
"So how do think your team will?"
We're gonna suck! We have no !#*@# QB! Our defense is terrible..."
Of course any player on any team is going to say "WE'RE SUPERBOWL!"
Every team is 0-0 right now.
hauschild

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I've never heard any Chicago Bear say that since, probably, 1986 or 1987, the last years they had an offense.

I'm not sure who's more of an idiot...Urlacher or the reporter who gave him the forum.

C'mon, dudes, not every player talks so loose. My whole point wasn't whether, "Duh, every player talks..yada yada yada...". I meant what a very strange thing, from a player I always regarded as fairly sharp, to say, especially when he's on one of the worst offenseive teams of all-time. C'mon, scoring 13 points on offense for Da Bears has been considered a very productive day over the past 10 seasons.

I can't believe those goobers in Chicago put up with such pathetic management...wiat a minute...yes I can. I live here. I know how most of these meat-heads operate.

You guys understand my point now, correct??? (Hint for those who failed reading comprehension...it was about Da Bears and no other team...)
rub10

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 12:19 am    Post subject: Re: Urlacher Makes The Call ... Reply with quote

hauschild wrote:
I just read Urlacher said Da Bears are the team to beat in the NFC North this year. Maybe we better check his Wonderlic score, huh???

I have no idea why this dude would say something so foolish. I mean, Da Bears cannot score on offense. I don't care how your "guys are flying around all over the place on defense", you can't win consistently without scoring 20+ points on offense every game.

I can't wait to bludgeon those jokers again this year!

what would of been the right thing to say

"we suck and we are an easy win"

NO
hauschild

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:38 am    Post subject: Re: Urlacher Makes The Call ... Reply with quote

rub10 wrote:

what would of been the right thing to say

Uh, how's about "We're pretty solid on defense. Let's hope the offense can step up and allow us to contend."
ikkf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hauschild wrote:
You guys understand my point now, correct??? (Hint for those who failed reading comprehension...it was about Da Bears and no other team...)

Nowhere does your post infer that this thread was ONLY about Brian Urlachers comments...

Quote:
Uh, how's about "We're pretty solid on defense. Let's hope the offense can step up and allow us to contend."

You think that wouldn't cause problems within the team anyway? Would need to say something more positive than "Lets hope" and "allow" to not disgruntle the offensive players...
mgcc1949

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least Urlacher didn't sound like Leon from the beer commercials:
"Yeah, Leon is very good but the rest of the team bites."
rushpacker_56

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe "We are doing well on defense and the offense is looking pretty good in practice. If we keep up the hard work, we have a shot at the North."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rush,

Perfectly stated.

Now, let's smother the woeful Bears again this year. Good Lord, Da Bears are a mere shadow of the once proud franchise.
ikkf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hauschild wrote:
Now, let's smother the woeful Bears again this year. Good Lord, Da Bears are a mere shadow of the once proud franchise.

Now THAT, I will agree with.

I don't care how crap they are, I love beating the Bears...

And really detest losing to them Evil or Very Mad
tiner3682

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Urlacher just got sick of no one paying any attention to him anymore. It must be tough going from being considered one of the best defensive players in the league to no one caring what you're up to anymore. Remember those days when everyone was afraid to run at Urlacher...they don't exist anymore.
nor*cal09

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not saying that the Bears are going to win the North but the offense started out hot last year Thomas Jones was great the 1st 3 games then Grossman went down. the guy's not great but he is vital in their success.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: