Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My 53 man roster

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:58 pm    Post subject: My 53 man roster Reply with quote

This is the way I see it:

Not to brag, but I usually get these right (though never this early)

QB-
Brett Favre
Craig Nall
Aaron Rodgers
JT O'Sullivan

WHY: Green Bay's coaching staff has said over and over that they really like O'Sullivan. The more young QB's they can hang onto the better. One might develop into another superstar.

RB-
Ahman Green
Najeh Davenport
Tony Fisher

WHY: No suprises here, the same backfield for the last 4 years.

FB-
William Henderson
Nick Luchey
Vonta Leach

WHY: Leach will make the team due to his performance on special teams. Not sure why so many people seem to leave Luchey off their roster. He has played well, and will take over the reigns for Henderson when he retires.

WR-
Donald Driver
Javon Walker
Robert Ferguson
Terrence Murphy
Antonio Chatman

WHY: Chatman played too well as WR last year for him not to make this team. Bragg gets signed to the practice squad. I'm not so sure Walker doesn't get traded, this hold out thing could get real ugly.

LT-
Chad Clifton
Brad Bedell

WHY: While I like Curtin, Bedell, has more experience, played pretty well last year, and can stay healthy. Plus he can play Guard

LG-
Adrian Klemm
Junius Coston

WHY: This is the athletic position on the O line, Mike Wahle's former position. Klemm and Coston are the two most athletic Guards on the Roster, they'll take the position. Coston more so for his versatility.

C-
Mike Flanagan
Scott Wells

WHY: Wells came on a lot last year, much better than Whittacker.

RG-
Grey Ruegamer

WHY: The "brawler" guard. Marco Rivera's former position. Ruegamer takes it. O'Dwyer gets cut. Green Bay will not hang on to Ruegamer, O'Dwyer and Klemm. Veterans who are used to starting tend to be too much of a distraction in the locker room. Besides they take away a spot from a younger player with tremendous upside. Klemm, Ruegamer, and Coston win out here becasue of youth and versatility.

Furthermore Sherman's O-lines often are thin at guard, and rely on versatility to add depth.

RT-
Mark Tauscher
Kevin Barry

WHY: No surprises here, we get another year of U-71. Plus if there is an injury to one of our guards. Barry starts at RT, Tauscher slips over to RG.

TE-
Bubba Franks
Ben Steele
Garrett Cross

WHY: If Cross is as good of a pass catching tight end as everyone thinks, he'll beat out Martin. Murmurs amongst the coaching staff is that they are frustrated with Martin's lack of development. I think Steele makes this team because as poor of a receiver as he is, he can block pretty well, and there aren't any other blocking tight ends on the roster.

RE-
KGB
R-Kal Truluck

WHY: No suprises here, same crew as always.

DT-
Grady Jackson
Cullen Jenkins
Donnell Washington
James Lee
Corey Williams

WHY: That is gonna be a battle between Washington and Jenkins for Hunt's old spot. Williams makes the team due to his verstility.

LE-
Aaron Kampman
Mike Montgomery

WHY: No-brainer. Kampman was our best defensive lineman last year, and Montgomery has too much up swing.

SLB:
Na'ill Diggs
Paris Lenon

WHY: I guess according to Bates, they want to move Diggs back to strong side to make room for Raynoch Thompson

MLB:
Nick Barnett
Kurt Campbell

WHY:
Campbell has too much talent, raw, but could be molded into something REALLY good. Like I said, scouting reports call him "a poor man's Thomas Davis." Hannibal Navies will not make the team due to his speed (or rather compelte lack thereof).

WLB:
Raynoch Thompson
Brady Poppinga

Raynoch Thompson has a break out year this year. With his speed, he will excell in Bates' system. Look for Poppinga to line up opposite KGB on passing downs.

LCB:
Al Harris
Joey Thomas
Nick Collins

WHY- Thomas loses the battle for the Right Cornerback to Carroll, but is our #1 back up and will play in Nickel and Dime situations.

RCB:
Ahmad Carroll
Mike Hawkins

WHY- Bates will work with Carroll and make him a REALLY good corner. Hawkins has too much talent to cut. Horton will be gone. If Chris Johnson can stay healthy, he might make the team. That is a big time if.

S-
Marviel Underwood
Mark Roman

WHY: Bates has said that whoever loses the Little/Freeman battle will not make the team. I'll take him at his word. Freeman makes the team becasue of his experience in Bates' system.

S-
Arturo Freeman

WHY- They only go with one Safety here becasue Collins will be the backup at this and corner. Gotta make room for 4 QB's and 3 FB's.

P-
BJ Sander

WHY- I bet Sander rebounds from NFL Europe and turns into a pretty decent Punter.

K-
Ryan Longwell

WHY- DUH! He's Ryan Longwell

LS-
Rob Davis

WHY- Boy if I'd have known how easy it was to make a team as Long Snapper, I'd have concentrated more on bulking up and long snapping in high school.

That totals 53 on the head.

Last edited by daintrain28 on Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
KiwiFan94

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree with three things Luchey will not make the roster he is to incossietent. Kurt Campbell has no chance of making the roster he is to small to play linebacker. Nick Collins will be Earl Littles back up or the other way around.

~Mozilla on the sig~
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Care to put a friendly wager on this one?
KiwiFan94

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I am pretty sure on two but Luchey will probably make the roster.

~Mozilla on the sig~
rushpacker_56

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT: Never mind, I missed him at corner.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We probably will cut either Luchey or Leach to make room for another guard. Also, I think Little will make the team over Roman do to the reason's I stated in my topic. I think we might end up cutting Cross and Steele and moving Luchey to tight end, though.

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Mike Wahle will make the team at center, he signed with Carolina during the off-season, look for Mike Flanagan to return and reclaim his posisition, Smile
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
mgcc1949

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other than moving Mike Wahle from guard and Carolina to center, not a bad prediction. However....
GB won't keep four QBs. O'Sullivan or Nall will be trade bait. Whicheverr can get the best value. Maybe even Rogers!
Luchey, gone. Just hasn't shown that desire to take over Henderson's job
Walker, gone. If not traded, they''ll let him and ego sit.
R-Kal, gone. Dint go nuthin' last year. Montgomery will fill the speed rush end and Kenny Peterson will be the power end backup.
Campbell, practice squad or moved to strong safety. Zac Woodfin and Ray Manning are bigger and just as fast.
Mark Roman. Joins C.Hunt looking for work.
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mgcc1949 wrote:

Mark Roman. Joins C.Hunt looking for work.

I love how every packers fan left Hunt off their roster with no mention
he is loved Laughing
#59 - OL Jack Mewhort Ohio ST
#90 - WR Donte Moncrief Ole Miss
#166 - OLB Johnathan Newsome Ball ST
#203 - ILB Andrew Jackson Western Kentucky
#232 - OT Ulrick John Georgia ST
daintrain28

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay typo on the Mike Wahle thing. Roman will make this team, you got all these coaches singing his praises because he played through his injury last year. I think he makes it, but who knows, if he has a bad camp and Freeman and Little play well, maybe he will be the one out.

On the Luchey thing, I don't think it's so much that he "hasn't shown the desire" I just think it's that Henderson has elevated his game that much.

And the Campbell thing, I;m telling you guys now, he makes the team, and takes a roster spot away from Navies. Size can be added, speed cannot.
mgcc1949

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packer fans look at A Hole at DT and see C.Hunt.
I look at R-Kal Badluck and see a younger Joe Johnson.
Campbell might make it on Special Teams hustle but so might Woodfin and Manning. Which would mean good bye o Paris Lennon.
I think it's going to be an interesting/exciting pre-season to find out which defensive players make the team.
Will Bates be able to find talent in the Donatell/Slowik drafted players?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: