Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official Boston Bruins thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 62, 63, 64  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
playmaker8267

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coach Julien got a multi-year extension today, so he's going to be around for awhile. I hope we get Bobby Ryan, but I feel like PC will pass on sending a core player back to Anaheim. Oh well. We're getting a big winger back anyway.

Nathan Horton has been cleared for contact. PC said he expects Horton to be "ready to play when it comes time to play." Awesome news. He's a big part of our attack.

Bruins // Patriots // Red Sox // Chelsea
#JDI
playmaker8267

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAHHHHCHAAAAAAAAAND!

John Beattie | NESN wrote:
The Bruins announced on Friday that the team has signed forward Brad Marchand to a four-year contract extension, worth an average of $4.5 million annually through the 2016-17 season.

$4.5M is a little steep, but it's Marchand, so I'm not complaining. Two goals in Game 7 of the SCF gives you the right to a tad inflated contract. He brings so much to the team: toughness, consistent forechecking, speed, and scoring. He's a waterbug who knows how to find the net. I'm excited he's locked up.

We now have these forwards beyond this upcoming season (cap hit.. FA summer)
David Krejci ($5.25M.. 2015)
Patrice Bergeron ($4.55M.. 2014)
Brad Marchand ($4.5M..2017)
Rich Peverley ($3.25M..2015)
Chris Kelly ($3M.. 2016)
Greg Campbell ($1.6M.. 2015)
Dan Paille ($1.3M..2015)
Shawn Thornton.. ($1.1M..2014)

The only three forwards left are Nathan Horton, Milan Lucic (RFA) and Tyler Seguin (RFA). I find it extremely interesting Krejci, Peverley, and Marchand got done before Lucic. I'm not worried about Seguin. That's an ongoing negotiation that will end up being around $35-45M total over 6 or 7 years. I'm preparing for a $7M hit with him. Chiarelli and co. have gotten pretty much everyone done except Lucic and Horton. I'm beginning to think they're both entering their final seasons as Bruins.

Lucic is coming off another invisible playoff performance and Horton obviously has his concussion problems. With Seguin set to get about a $4M AAV raise, squeezing out Lucic is a natural move. Lucic's cap hit is a tad over $4M. Extend Seguin, let Lucic go, break even. I'd be thrilled if we dealt Lucic at the deadline for prospects or defensive help.

#JDI
playmaker8267

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seguin: Contract Talks 'Looking Good'

Quote:
Theres been discussions, said Seguin, who also said the talks began when the 2011-12 season ended. Its looking good, and Im looking forward to hopefully playing in Boston for many years. I want to stay here and start a life here. Thats what Im looking for.

On what he'll do if there's a lockout:
Quote:
Im not sure, he said. Im headed to New York for two days to see whats going on and then talk to my agent a bit more. Obviously I want to be playing hockey, NHL first, and then Ive thought about AHL, thought about going overseas, but nothing I can confirm on right now.

If Seguin goes to the AHL I'm going to have to make a trip down to Providence to see that Laughing If there's a lockout I hope he goes there. He stays within the Bruins' reach and he could adjust to playing center, even.

#JDI
playmaker8267

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted about Marchand's extension here, Seguin's extension in the offseason thread, so I guess it's this thread's turn to get word of another Bruins extension. This time it's Milan Lucic, 3 years/$18M.

I've mixed feelings here. I'm surprised it happened because a) it's so last minute, b) if they were going to extend Luc, I feel like he would've been done before Marchand and Seguin, c) Lucic's hit is so high. He's not worth $6M a year, sorry. He's turned into a passive pseudo-bully who disappears in the playoffs.

I sincerely hope Lucic's hit doesn't prevent the Bruins from getting Bergeron done. I'd trade a thousand Lucics for a Bergeron extension.

#JDI
playmaker8267

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though I'm resigned to the notion there will be no season this year, I take consolation in the fact Tyler Seguin has 8 goals and 7 assists in his first 11 Swiss games. Dougie Hamilton is 15-6-11-17, Jared Knight is scoreless in 2 games in Providence, Ryan Spooner is 5-1-3-4 in Providence, and Alexander Khoklachhev is a disappointing 19-1-1-2 with Moscow of the KHL.

I really hope we have a season. I really want to see Dougie and Seguin in action.

#JDI
HOVA333

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marc Savard on the Lock out Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

http://www.massholesports.com/2012/10/marc-savard-blames-heachaches-on-nhl.html

Adopt A Patriot
Logan Ryan : CB
Tkls: Int: FF:
playmaker8267

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lockout is over. Between now and next Saturday, the entirety of training camp will commence. Roster spots are up for grabs, (almost) everyone is healthy, and now roster hopefuls have to earn their spots. The Globe speculates 25 players will go to training camp with 20 emerging on the roster opening night. The players projected to be there are:

Lucic / Krejci / Horton
Marchand / Bergeron / Seguin
Spooner / Kelly / Peverley
Paille / Campbell / Thornton
Knight / Bourque / Caron*

Chara / Seidenberg
Ference / McQuaid
Hamilton / Boychuk
Krug / Bartkowski

Rask
Khudobin

*injured and will be out the first couple weeks of the season

Carter Camper, Jamie Tardif, and/or Trent Whitfield may make an appearance in Caron's absence. Bartkowski will be challenged by Ryan Button, Garnet Exelby, Tommy Cross, and David Warsofsky.

I think Chris Bourque will win that 3rd line LW job, although I hope Spooner has a great camp because I want to see what he can do in the NHL. Dougie Hamilton is the heavy favorite to make the roster as the no. 6 defenseman.

I'll post the schedule when it becomes available as well as predictions.

#JDI
mastayetti

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im torn on how I feel about Hockey right now.

I want to say that im gonna stay away and not watch but i don't think I will be able to do that. I love hockey but im pissed that its only a at max 50 game season, that is a waste to me, and whoever wins the cup it won't feel the same for me, maybe im just bitter but it just doesn't feel the same to me

well i got a week to decide.

Big_Palooka on the sig mastery
playmaker8267

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruins beat the NY Rangers 3-1 to open the season. Horton, Lucic, Hamilton, and Rask all played well tonight. All 4 of them will be critical to our success/failure this year. Krejci, Bergeron, and Kelly were all subpar imo. Not worried about the latter two though.

Good start. This was the first of 5 home games between now and Jan. 31. Only two away games (NYR Wednesday, Carolina following Monday) during that span. 8 away, 3 home next month. 8 home, 9 away in March. 8 home, 5 away in April. Final 5 games are, from game 44 to 48: Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Florida, at Philly, at Washington. 5 tough games to end the year. Gotta make hay this month and early April.

#JDI
playmaker8267

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruins are 3-0-1. Great start to the season having picked up 3/4 points from the Rangers. Tonight's 4-2 win over the Islanders showed some guile and resiliency. Not our best effort, but we picked it up when we had to and scored timely goals. Dougie Hamilton had 2 assists, one of which was on a beautiful goal by Patrice Bergeron.

Our 7 points are the most in the East, although Ottawa will likely get two more tonight to pull ahead. First back-to-back of the season starts Monday. At Carolina then home vs. New Jersey. Two tough games considering the context.

#JDI
redsoxsrule1437

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hamilton is a stud. Could not be more excited about this kids future in Boston.

4-0-1 baby. Devils tomorrow!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redsoxsrule1437 wrote:
Hamilton is a stud. Could not be more excited about this kids future in Boston.

4-0-1 baby. Devils tomorrow!

I was puzzled that NJ took Larsson over Hamilton and that he fell that far.

Anyways Sabres need 2 points tonite bad, and I expect a tough hard getting game. Kaleta is out for Sabres
playmaker8267

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad Marchand is playing his best game of the year right now, but unfortunately Ryan Miller is locked in. 1-0 Bruins, but a 3-0 score would better reflect how well we're playing right now.

#JDI
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

playmaker8267 wrote:
Brad Marchand is playing his best game of the year right now, but unfortunately Ryan Miller is locked in. 1-0 Bruins, but a 3-0 score would better reflect how well we're playing right now.

I have no respect for Marchand.. He is a good atagonizer but dude should man up and drop the gloves like Kaleta does.

Although we lost the game I'm glad the Bruins take no more liberties against us. Kaleta pummeled Campbell and Scott silenced Thornton last game
playmaker8267

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillsGuy82 wrote:
I have no respect for Marchand.. He is a good atagonizer but dude should man up and drop the gloves like Kaleta does.

Although we lost the game I'm glad the Bruins take no more liberties against us. Kaleta pummeled Campbell and Scott silenced Thornton last game
I hope he continues not to fight if he's going to play as well as he did last night. He was our best skater. Besides, he's not even in our top 5 of guys we want dropping the gloves.

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 54 of 64

Jump to: