FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We are transitioning to a new forum software platform. Your current password will not work after August 12th. Update the email in your profile so you are not locked out. Click here for more information.

Has Jarius finally got it right?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:28 am    Post subject: Has Jarius finally got it right? Reply with quote

Wright had career highs in catches (8 ) and yards (132), outgaining not only his teammates Cordarrelle Patterson and Greg Jennings, but Falcons wide receivers Julio Jones and Roddy White. Its Wrights first career game with 100 receiving yards and the only receiver to eclipse the century mark.

Wright: I thought about that myself; I was like, You know it took me three years to get this game. It came for me, and Im just going to keep building on it. Teddy knew where to put the ball. In a couple throws, Teddy knew exactly where to put the ball to me, and he knew exactly where I was going to be. I kind of knew where to expect the ball. Our reps together definitely paid off for us. A lot of trust."

http://blog.startribune.com/sports/access-vikings/wr-jarius-wright-breaks-out-in-career-game

were being backups together the key for Wright's breakthrough?

Everson Griffen: We can be special. But its up to us.
The Gnat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like that would be some of the case. However, he has had solid games in the past. In his rookie year he had some pretty good games towards the end of the year. Last year was disappointing to see that he didn't step it up, but this year, I'd like to see that step made.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lot of people around here have said that it can take 3 years to develop a good WR. They could be Wright on this one as well.
DJpillz317

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember how good I thought he was coming out in 2012. I see no reason why he can't be as good or better than TY Hilton, a very comparable receiver in that draft.

Prediction: Derek Carr = next Brandon Weeden; Zach Mett will be a good starter; Manziel will be a STAR.
Blake Bortles is going to be a Viking
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its moreso that there is a QB back there who deliver the ball on time when he gets open... additional playing time doesnt hurt as well.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wright was the reason why I felt good moving Harvin. It's nice to see wright developing into a boundary receiver and overall threat. Cutting Simpson was the right move.
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it had a lot to with Teddy being at the helm. Bridgewater sees the field better than most QBs, he gets into his dropback quickly and scans the field faster than the average guy. Combined with his ability to throw with anticipation, he's able to find the open guy wherever (a la Aaron Rodgers) or conversely, throw a guy open (the Greg Jennings 30+ yard play).

Jarius is no slouch in his own Wright. As a prospect, his biggest plus was his ability to find the soft spot in the defense. He's a great route runner who knows where to sit down and find the QB. He had 13 for 280 against Texas A&M his senior year in large part to that ability. He had a beautiful route down the sideline yesterday where Teddy missed him deep. That's what Wright brings to the table. Not a burner or even a contested catch guy but he will get open. Nice to have him and Jennings while Patterson continues to develop as a traditional receiver.

Last edited by Lil Uno on Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Wright was the reason why I felt good moving Harvin. It's nice to see wright developing into a boundary receiver and overall threat. Cutting Simpson was the right move.

Absolutely.

2017 Aggregate Draft Board
VikingsNeverWin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

Absolutely.

Simpson is and always was trash.. the post made the day we signed him will verify that. He only got a contract because he flipped over a defender nothing else. He's just like every other non descript 5th or 6th WR who latches on and fades away into obscurity..

Wright, Thielen and Smith are way better choices to keep on the roster I am glad they got it right finally
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

breakdown of Wright's 52 yard catch and run early in the ATL game:

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Anatomy-of-a-Play-Wright%E2%80%99s-52-Yard-Screen/bbbdd45b-65b7-426c-87fa-13f7414f2d1f

savagely effective team blocking.

Everson Griffen: We can be special. But its up to us.
Frank Costello

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always pictured this type of play from Wright, but it was going to take him not being a focal point, and a competent QB.

I don't think he will put these kind of numbers up week in and week out, but, 70, 80, 90 yards every other week. I can definitely see that.

FootballProdiG wrote:
I see Minnesota falling off the map this year just like they did in the second half of the season.
#5strong
PeteyPercyPonde

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
breakdown of Wright's 52 yard catch and run early in the ATL game:

http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Anatomy-of-a-Play-Wright%E2%80%99s-52-Yard-Screen/bbbdd45b-65b7-426c-87fa-13f7414f2d1f

savagely effective team blocking.

That's broken down beautifully.
Klomp

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was interesting that he was the recipient of all the bubble screen passes, while Patterson was on the other side of the formation. I know that we were probably using Patterson as a decoy, but I wonder if it could possibly be used to set up another play for him later in the season.
KeithVikings28

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He would've had a lot more yards and another TD if Teddy wouldn't have missed him deep. He needs to fix his deep ball accuracy.
TENINCH

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KeithVikings28 wrote:
He would've had a lot more yards and another TD if Teddy wouldn't have missed him deep. He needs to fix his deep ball accuracy.

Maybe Jarius needs to run faster?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: