Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dyn-O-mite

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Purple Faithful

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Dyn-O-mite Reply with quote

I think there is a player available who could greatly help the vikings with both injury protection and run down reps. J Johnson (gonna call him Dyn-O-mite) may develop in time, but he cannot anchor in the film i seen at the college level yet. Looks like gold to develop. Converted end D Jones may end up proving to be the answer as well, but it seems doubtful we can count on him to anchor effectively, either.
I would sign Vince Wilfork. When he is in, Linval can slide to the 3. You cant run near either vince or linval without a double. So, with both in, not enough offensive linemen to run the ball. Linval has more pass rush lately than wants to be admitted here, imo, and who is to say Linval will not be hurt? Any missed time by him without an answer would be devestating.
Vikings have a qb, so we are a much better swan song than the texans for Wilfork, and not like having some superbowl winners in the locker room would be bad.
Purple Faithful

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given Dahntay Jones's previous position would you rather have Brian Robeson or Vince Wilfork. Sorry for voice text
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

April 21:

Although free agent defensive tackle Vince Wilfork is not officially retired, from all indications he has played his last NFL game. Texans G.M. Rick Smith said today that he’s had no contact with Wilfork and assumes Wilfork is happy calling it a career.

“I haven’t spoken to Vince Wilfork since last season,” Smith said. “My expectation is that Vince is not playing anymore.”

After the Texans lost in the playoffs, Wilfork said he was probably done. He hasn’t said anything since then that would suggest a change of heart. At some point, Wilfork will probably return to New England, where he played 11 seasons, for a formal announcement that his career has come to an end.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/21/texans-expect-vince-wilfork-to-retire/

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
Purple Faithful

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
April 21:

Although free agent defensive tackle Vince Wilfork is not officially retired, from all indications he has played his last NFL game. Texans G.M. Rick Smith said today that he’s had no contact with Wilfork and assumes Wilfork is happy calling it a career.

“I haven’t spoken to Vince Wilfork since last season,” Smith said. “My expectation is that Vince is not playing anymore.”

After the Texans lost in the playoffs, Wilfork said he was probably done. He hasn’t said anything since then that would suggest a change of heart. At some point, Wilfork will probably return to New England, where he played 11 seasons, for a formal announcement that his career has come to an end.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/21/texans-expect-vince-wilfork-to-retire/
I think Vince Wilfork would like to hear from a team with a chance to win. But yes I read that too.
What do you think of Anthony Barr as a defensive end in nickel or dime if hunter or Griffin got hurt? Gives pretty good flexability to only rush 3, should still have great pass rush.
Had to edit for voice text.
Heimdallr

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Dyn-O-mite Reply with quote

Purple Faithful wrote:
J Johnson (gonna call him Dyn-O-mite)

why?

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Dyn-O-mite Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:
Purple Faithful wrote:
J Johnson (gonna call him Dyn-O-mite)

why?

I am gonna take a guess

Jaleel Johnson = JJ. JJ in the show Good Times = Kid Dynomite. Therefore Jaleel Johnson is Dyn-O-Mite.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: