You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

O-V-E-R-A-T-E-D
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
America's Team

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:35 am    Post subject: stop Reply with quote

and by the wqay stop making a big deal of Tom brady this guy is the most average super bowl quarterback ever its disgusting why does he only average 5 yards per attempt because they dink and dunk and this is supposed to wow me. vinaterri should have won both those MVp awards not Tom Brady go kicker, boo quarterback
rabbisson

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: stop Reply with quote

America's Team wrote:
and by the wqay stop making a big deal of Tom brady this guy is the most average super bowl quarterback ever its disgusting why does he only average 5 yards per attempt because they dink and dunk and this is supposed to wow me. vinaterri should have won both those MVp awards not Tom Brady go kicker, boo quarterback

If you insult Brady, you insult Joe Montana, who had a similar frame and skill set, and most everyone compares Brady to him. Also, the Pats aired it out a lot more this year and last year. And you can't deny the Pats all around skills. They are probably the most BALANCED (not talented) team ever.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
America's Team

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:26 am    Post subject: your right Reply with quote

good comment your right if i call out brady i have to call out joe montana he was just as mediocre and played for a great all around team. in my eyes winning is not enough and by the way all Montana and Brady do is Win i admit that but IMO to be amongst the Elite teams you must dominate. what if the catch against the 49ers was not made thats another super bowl dallas wins . what if we did not drop the pass in the end zone hmmm they were and are in the same class as the pats the best team in thier era i just choose to believe that some era's are better than others but go pats this weekend that way my hometown team the falcons can stomp ya
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol ! 21 straight wins including a sb is not dominate ?? furthermore the cowboys did not dominate all their games .. honestly they should have lost the pittsburg SB game but got lucky. if u look at the 90's cowboys matchup vs the current pats .. i have no doubt this would be a tight matchup and the difference would be preperation .. noone prepares better than the pats. . NOONE ! and yes i hate that fact too .. but overrated ? not even close !

sorry to jump in here pats fans but your forum is right by mine (chiefs) and i saw this thread .. it's rather sad to see people go the route this trhead starter went rather than just say . . good game.

good game pats ! good luck . . beat ya next year !

~ impressed chiefs fan
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Stats: Irrelevant Status: Chief family for life!
Get well soon EB29!!
America's Team

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: oh ok Reply with quote

yeah we should have lost to the steelers right....thats why the game wasn't even close all i am saying and i have reiterated the amount of respect for the patriots and 49ers in thier era i just say the cowboys when they were hot were better because of thngs such as salary cap and things like this its not your fault im just saying your team is boring and thats why i dislike them. in the long run wins are what counts and you have the longest streak of them great job i just think they could not stand up with the cowboys of the early 90's IMO
rblevens

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well nobody in here cares about your cowboys so go back to your own forum and not start stuff in here

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in my eyes winning is not enough

are you kidding me. i would rather have a qb who threw for 2000 yards and 10 tds and won me a superbowl than a qb who threw for 5000 and 50 tds and didnt... what a joke, go home
America's Team

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: your an idiot Reply with quote

im talking about super bowl winners it's a comparisson of super bowl winners read the posts before you upon you mouth
BelichicksBrain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Dallas fan is still probably upset that TO ran on his "star". Or maybe that Emmitt Smith didn't retire a Cowboy.

These teams are in different eras. You can't compare them (although I'm sure Troy Aikman wouldn't get off the carpet with all the hits he'd take from Seymour, Bruschi, McGinest and Harrison, et al).

Granted, Dallas WAS a good team, but to call the Patriots overrated is ridiculous. You offer no facts.

Fact: Brady, a 6th round pick, is a 2-time Super Bowl MVP (and counting)
Fact: Patriots won 21 straight games
Fact: Peyton Manning, who when all is said and done, may be the most profilic passer of all time, still has not won at Gillette Stadium

I'm not going to go on. This is silly. You are p.o.'d that Jerry Jones ruined your franchise, and you should be.

The Patriots ARE a dynasty just like Dallas before them.

In Bill We Trust
russellt1229

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your still basing it on stats in the superbowl, once again, the only number that matters for brady is 7-0 (which in case you didnt know was his record in the playoffs)
America's Team

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:14 am    Post subject: ok ok Reply with quote

this is the last time i will rain on your parade. for pats 7-0 is great your right it's undefeated playing scrub teams, brady has two mvp's big deal they had to give it someone it was'nt the runnning game it should have either been a defensive player or Adam Vinateri not [inappropriate/removed] brady peace im out do you not hear what im saying you beat the rams and the panthers in the Super Bowl. Two great teams LOL now i have given your team respect thruout this whole thread take a look but the bottom line is they can win 10 super bowls in a row and never lose again and i still will know for a fact that the patriots are overrated as a super bowl winner. quit trying to validate the sports in your lifetime by saying the pats are the best ever. Brady was beat by the dolphins this year the one game that should have been guaranteed and you want to impress me by telling me you beat the colts. the colts beat themselves they are afraid of you but the boys won't be the Cowboys will always be back thats what America's Team does it pulls it's but off the carpet and keeps fighting and will be America's Team long after that genius troll you have as a head cocach calls it quits
andrew91

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: your right Reply with quote

America's Team wrote:
good comment your right if i call out brady i have to call out joe montana he was just as mediocre and played for a great all around team. in my eyes winning is not enough and by the way all Montana and Brady do is Win i admit that but IMO to be amongst the Elite teams you must dominate. what if the catch against the 49ers was not made thats another super bowl dallas wins . what if we did not drop the pass in the end zone hmmm they were and are in the same class as the pats the best team in thier era i just choose to believe that some era's are better than others but go pats this weekend that way my hometown team the falcons can stomp ya

Keep your stats....sorry if my rings glares are getting in your eyes
GoPats

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 1:33 am    Post subject: Re: ok ok Reply with quote

America's Team wrote:
this is the last time i will rain on your parade. for pats 7-0 is great your right it's undefeated playing scrub teams, brady has two mvp's big deal they had to give it someone it was'nt the runnning game it should have either been a defensive player or Adam Vinateri not [inappropriate/removed] brady peace im out do you not hear what im saying you beat the rams and the panthers in the Super Bowl. Two great teams LOL now i have given your team respect thruout this whole thread take a look but the bottom line is they can win 10 super bowls in a row and never lose again and i still will know for a fact that the patriots are overrated as a super bowl winner. quit trying to validate the sports in your lifetime by saying the pats are the best ever. Brady was beat by the dolphins this year the one game that should have been guaranteed and you want to impress me by telling me you beat the colts. the colts beat themselves they are afraid of you but the boys won't be the Cowboys will always be back thats what America's Team does it pulls it's but off the carpet and keeps fighting and will be America's Team long after that genius troll you have as a head cocach calls it quits

Actually you got it wrong. The cowboys were the ones playing the scrub teams week in week out. There were only about 8-10 real contenders then so the rest were bad teams. Teams now are ALL ABLE to beat anyone else. That makes it so much harder to win, especially 21 in a row.
America's Team

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 6:36 pm    Post subject: nice game Reply with quote

boy, yall sure did take that 15-1 steelers team outback behind the woodshed dillon's a haus and brady never makes a mistake as for the troll that roams the sideline he's pretty good too
nepatsman2002

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, someone is living in the past. Teams from the early 90's, 80's, 70's and beyond wouldn't survive in todays NFL. Players are bigger, stronger, and faster. Coaching is much better due to the technology. So to say the Cowboys would beat the Patriots of today is hysterical. You can't compare teams in different eras.

P.S. how has Parcells fared without Belichick

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: