Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Another Possible Red Sox/Twins/Marlins Trade

View previous topic :: View next topic  
iavikefn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:24 am    Post subject: Another Possible Red Sox/Twins/Marlins Trade Reply with quote

Quote:
The Red Sox send third baseman Bill Mueller and possibly a prospect to the Twins for lefty J.C. Romero and righty Joe Mays. The Red Sox then send Bronson Arroyo and Mays to the Marlins for Burnett and Lowell. "It's very real," a source said of the blockbuster deal the Yankees won't be happy about seeing go down. The White Sox and Angels have also expressed interest in Burnett, a 28-year old righty with electric stuff who will be a free agent after the season and makes $3.65 million this year.

benmaller.com

So, the Twins end up with Bill Mueller and a prospect, lose one of the top relief pitchers in the game.

The Red Sox gain J.C. Romero, one of the top relief pitchers in the game, A.J. Burnett and Mike Lowell.

The Marlins gain two good arms in Mays and Arroyo.

Twins lose.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this trade would benefit all parties involed. Minnestota already has a lot of good arms in the bullpen, and might as well use one or two of them to get a better 3B than Randa, who is their rumored target. Boston would pick up a good lefty which they need since Embree is gone, and Florida would get two young starters. I think this deal is good for every team.
hardrockin89

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id hate to get rid of Arroyo or Mueller but it would give us an excellent trade...If it went down then were the team to beat in the east...

Thanx Butters1075 for the sig..
The Gnat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Twins fan I would hope we could get more then Mueller and a prospect for J.C. Romero and Mays. Romero is one of the premier left handed relievers, and probably would be worth Mueller straight up, and possibly with a low level prospect. However this would help us at 3B. I just don't know if I like it.

PanthersIn05

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hardrockin89 wrote:
Id hate to get rid of Arroyo or Mueller but it would give us an excellent trade...If it went down then were the team to beat in the east...

This would be an amazing trade for the Red Sox. People say Mike Lowell is done, but Fenway Park and the Green Monster could rejuvenate him. As for Burnett and Romero, this makes the Sox a great team. They would then be the team to beat in the east IMO. This would definitely push them past the Yankees.
MNorona

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the red sox would win huge here!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNorona wrote:

Yeah, I agree. It's about the same at 3rd, huge upgrade to bullpen, and upgrade to the rotation. Huge steal IMO.
hardrockin89

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PanthersIn05 wrote:
MNorona wrote:

Yeah, I agree. It's about the same at 3rd, huge upgrade to bullpen, and upgrade to the rotation. Huge steal IMO.

I gotta agree this would be a HUGE pickup for us....

Thanx Butters1075 for the sig..
LIONStoDETROIT05

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why the twins get rapped and the red sox strike gold if this trade goes through red sox get a really good pither and 3B for not a lot if the trades goes through the red sox and efinely the favorits to win the division

Thanks Dcowboy
Pats_37

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trade I'm hearing is

Twins Get - Kevin Millar/Bill Mueller
Sox Get - Mays/Romero
Sox Spin - Mays and Arroyo for Burnett and Lowell..

Personally I'd love the trade...but I really want no part of Lowell..he's a case of Roids gone bad...plus Mueller is an above avg fielding thirbaseman we wouldn't be able to replace but overall it would benfit our ball club tremendously on the pitching side and if somehow we sparked lowell into a Giambi like resurgence..watch out.
The Gnat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ Yeah that is the new on that I have been hearing as well. The deal at the top of this thread, according to the Star Tribune isn't going to happen. I would really like to get Mueller, but I am not that big a fan of trading for Millar. Morneau may get sent to the minors, but we still have LeCroy and Cuddyer that can play 1B for us, and both of them are decent hitters and have some pop. Plus Millar hasn't been hitting at all with the Red Sox this year.

Riddle

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds alright...we have plenty of pitchers...so i dont mind losing 1 or 2 in an effort to score more runs

Here's to football!

Ndakasimba kana makasimbawo
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont like it...isnt Mueller in his 30's by now. Romero is only 26 or 27. Then we give up Mays who is pitching great so far this year. We look like the loser in this one big time!! Mad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: