Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Zach Duke

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jdrocco01

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Zach Duke Reply with quote

Did anyone see this pitcher the Pirates called up from AAA yet? He is amazing. So far he has 4 starts, he's 3-0 with 0.93 ERA, 26 SO, and a 1.14 WHIP. Freakin' amazing. That is the only word that comes to my mind watching this guy pitch.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess no one has really heard of him. I thought his stats were amazing...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard of him, and I've seen him pitch. He is simply amazing. Just as long as the Pirates don't trade him. That team, if they keep building up their prospects, will be a contender in 5 years. And they will remain a contender for a while with those players. Just as long as they don't trade Zach Duke. I actually think he should be the NL Rookie of the Year. But that's just me.

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^
Hawkeye 5

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The numbers that he put up coming right out of the gate are unbelieveable. I hope the Pirates dont trade him but they probably will. I have always enjoyed watching sick lefty pitchers and hes only 22

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zach Duke could put Roger Clemens numbers. Shocked

Dolphins Fan
hardrockin89

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt they will trade such a high prospect but if they do I want the CHAMPS to get him....

Thanx Butters1075 for the sig..
hereWEgoSTEELERS

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zach duke is amazing.... ive been waiting for this call up since i started watching him (well looking at his stats after his games) in AA... i knew he'd be very good, but this surprised me. he has great poise, and he isnt afraid of the best batters in the league (derrek lee, aramis ramirez, bobby abreu, todd helton)

thanks for the sig ronniebrown

Last edited by hereWEgoSTEELERS on Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
iavikefn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big7BenROY wrote:
I've heard of him, and I've seen him pitch. He is simply amazing. Just as long as the Pirates don't trade him. That team, if they keep building up their prospects, will be a contender in 5 years. And they will remain a contender for a while with those players. Just as long as they don't trade Zach Duke. I actually think he should be the NL Rookie of the Year. But that's just me.

I think it will come down to Rickie Weeks vs. Zach Duke, and usually batters win.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iavikefn wrote:
Big7BenROY wrote:

I think it will come down to Rickie Weeks vs. Zach Duke, and usually batters win.

even though im a pirate fan and i have great dislike for the milwaukee brewers, i feel like rickie weeks is going to be really special. obviously he is a top prospect, but when i see him, i feel like he's going to be a hall of fame type player. it maybe a bit of a bold prediction, since he's still a rookie, but i have that feeling.

but when you said batters usually win, i dont think that is the case, batters have averages of .400 or less usually. since that is under 50%, i would have to say pitchers usually win. pitchers have the advantage over batters, simply because they can put the ball wherever they want to. if it gets to that spot depends on the pitcher. batters usually win if the pitcher doesnt throw a good pitch, or if the pitch shouldnt have been where he threw it.. pitchers can fool batters, and it doesnt really work the other way around.

thanks for the sig ronniebrown
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget about Yhency Brazoban when discussing the National League Rookie of the Year. Last night, he set the Dodgers rookie saves record. If he gets to 30 saves, which could happen, he might get it.

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: