Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tejeda Injured Opening Can of Nectar

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
iavikefn


Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 15770
Location: Iowa City, IA
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Tejeda Injured Opening Can of Nectar Reply with quote

Quote:
Phillies rookie righthanded reliever Rob Tejeda cut his right index finger while opening a can of nectar with a knife Monday, according to the PHILADELPHIA DAILY NEWS.

The slice is on the outside of his finger, so it doesn't affect Tejeda's fastball, said Dubee. However, Tejeda said, his grip on his changeup irritates the wound.


benmaller.com
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
The Gnat


Moderator
Joined: 23 Feb 2005
Posts: 35338
Location: Minneapolis
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is an interesting way to get hurt. Not one of the stupidist I have heard, such as guys with axes, but still it is rather funny.
_________________
Gnat's Movie Reviews

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yankees05


Joined: 21 Mar 2005
Posts: 7119
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long will he be out?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iavikefn


Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 15770
Location: Iowa City, IA
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's still on for his start tomorrow.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Yankees05


Joined: 21 Mar 2005
Posts: 7119
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iavikefn wrote:
He's still on for his start tomorrow.

Alright, thanks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
the lone star


Moderator
Joined: 18 Apr 2005
Posts: 23091
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, the title to this thread is kinda misleading. I was thinking it was Miguel Tejada, and then i find out it's a rookie pitcher.

but anyway, i gotta say that that is a stupid way to get injured, but definitely not the stupidest. ppl do dumb things, it's what we're born to do.

Still funny though.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jdrocco01


Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Posts: 2297
Location: Steel City, USA
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
wow, the title to this thread is kinda misleading. I was thinking it was Miguel Tejada, and then i find out it's a rookie pitcher.

but anyway, i gotta say that that is a stupid way to get injured, but definitely not the stupidest. ppl do dumb things, it's what we're born to do.

Still funny though.


It scarred me as well as "the Miguel one" is my top fantasy player.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iavikefn


Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 15770
Location: Iowa City, IA
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jdrocco01 wrote:
the lone star wrote:
wow, the title to this thread is kinda misleading. I was thinking it was Miguel Tejada, and then i find out it's a rookie pitcher.

but anyway, i gotta say that that is a stupid way to get injured, but definitely not the stupidest. ppl do dumb things, it's what we're born to do.

Still funny though.


It scarred me as well as "the Miguel one" is my top fantasy player.


The names are different...

Miguel Tejada
Rob Tejeda
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Jdrocco01


Joined: 24 Feb 2005
Posts: 2297
Location: Steel City, USA
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget, I am a "straight C student."
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BaltimoreTerp


Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

Joined: 13 Feb 2005
Posts: 27608
Location: Washington, DC
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow u gave me a huge scare there man, i thought it was a typo and TEJADA had been injured. i thought, "theres goes my O's, as well as my fantasy team."
_________________
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
the lone star


Moderator
Joined: 18 Apr 2005
Posts: 23091
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
wow u gave me a huge scare there man, i thought it was a typo and TEJADA had been injured. i thought, "theres goes my O's, as well as my fantasy team."


haha, yeah i know. I was thinking that it was a typo as well, but when i found out it wasn't, i was relieved beyond explanation.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group