Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Damon shows interest in Cubs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Damon shows interest in Cubs Reply with quote

Quote:
Cubbie blue sounds good to Johnny Damon, who wears red as a key member of the Red Sox. The American League's premier leadoff hitter with a .339 batting average and AL-best runs with 73 can be a free agent after the season and admitted Thursday night before the Red Sox-White Sox game that he would have interest in the Cubs, who are having center-field problems. ''I'll have my eyes open to any team with interest in me, but the Cubs would have an appeal,'' he said.

Link: Damon shows interest in Cubs

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^
2105 yards

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Damon shows interest in Cubs Reply with quote

Big7BenROY wrote:
Quote:
Cubbie blue sounds good to Johnny Damon, who wears red as a key member of the Red Sox. The American League's premier leadoff hitter with a .339 batting average and AL-best runs with 73 can be a free agent after the season and admitted Thursday night before the Red Sox-White Sox game that he would have interest in the Cubs, who are having center-field problems. ''I'll have my eyes open to any team with interest in me, but the Cubs would have an appeal,'' he said.

Link: Damon shows interest in Cubs

Why talk about this stuff now in the midst of a pennanat race???...Just what the Sox need right now Rolling Eyes
Yankees05

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cubs would be a good fit for Damon, but they won't go after him. They have a young stud at CF in Felix Pie, who would be in their lineup now if it weren't for an injury. I agree, he should just shut up about other opportunities and just play ball.
NateDawg

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why in the world is he even discussing this issue at this point. The off-season is the place for that, not the pennant race. The appropriate comment would have been "no comment."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that he even mentions this should be the reason that teams don't go after him. Another thing is that this being his contract year, he is performing well, that is bad luck. There are a lot of players that end up doing terrible after a situation like this.
hardrockin89

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way in hell will he go to the cubs...I dont think he will resign with us but I think hes gonna go to the yankees....The Boss already said hes gonna do anything in his power to sign Damon which basically means make him the highest paid CF in the game...

Thanx Butters1075 for the sig..
NateDawg

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hardrockin89 wrote:
No way in hell will he go to the cubs...I dont think he will resign with us but I think hes gonna go to the yankees....The Boss already said hes gonna do anything in his power to sign Damon which basically means make him the highest paid CF in the game...

Damon is a very good centerfielder but if boss made him the highest paid center fielder in the game that is just plain stupid because he isn't THAT good.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: