Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Derailed D-Train
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronniebrown

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject: Derailed D-Train Reply with quote

What I feared all year has come true. So far tonight Dontrelle has givin up 7 runs giving him a total of 23 runs in the last 3 days. Dontrelle has held true to the fact that he can get it right in the second half. If Dontrelle can't bounce back next start they can ingrave Rogers name on yet another Cy Young after 40 years of age.

~ Lork
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Carpenter says "not so fast". In Carpenter's last 7 starts, including tonight, he is 6-0 with 1 no-decision. That no-decision came tonight actually. He has pitched 59.2 innings, and allowed just 3 earned runs. That's a 0.50 ERA. He actually has gone 8 innings in 6 of those starts, and has gone 9 innings in 3 of those starts. So Chris Carpenter is not out by a long shot, especially since he was 14-4 with a 2.34 ERA going into tonight's start.

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^
Panther55

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pedro Martinez agrees. Can you believe that Pedro has a better WHIP than Roger, despite the huge discrepency in ERA? Pedro wins it 0.82 to Roger's 0.95.

If Roger gets blown in a few starts (doubtful I know) it could come down to a race between these three guys.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jagz4life

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad How is this happening... just when everything was looking so good for D-Train... is all coming back down. Come on Dontrelle... lets get with it. Hopefully he can pull it together for his next start
ronniebrown

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

those 5 complete games were not a good decision for a guy who has terrible second halfs.

~ Lork
2105 yards

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as I predicted...this guy falls apart in the second half...he did it the year they won the series rememebr they really couldn't count on him down the stretch he was getting hit real hard...Everybody was giving him the Cy Young at the break but he needs to prove he can put together a whole season...he's good but I really think he was pitchig over his head in the first half and now the league is catching up to him in the second half..like alot of young pitchers he needs to learn to make adjustments...K-Rod is going through that same kind of dilemma right now...he's not getting hit real hard but guys are laying off his slider and making him throw the fastball more...it's all about adjustments.
the lone star

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big7BenROY wrote:
Chris Carpenter says "not so fast". In Carpenter's last 7 starts, including tonight, he is 6-0 with 1 no-decision. That no-decision came tonight actually. He has pitched 59.2 innings, and allowed just 3 earned runs. That's a 0.50 ERA. He actually has gone 8 innings in 6 of those starts, and has gone 9 innings in 3 of those starts. So Chris Carpenter is not out by a long shot, especially since he was 14-4 with a 2.34 ERA going into tonight's start.

agreed. I heard all of that on ESPNNEWS last night and i just think it's phenomenal how he can keep that up for such a long period of time. Chris Carpenter has surprised a lot of ppl this year, and he has a really good chance to win the Cy Young Award. Throw in the fact that he'll get some run support b/c he has guys like Edmonds and Pujols to back him up, and he suddenly looks like the lead candidate for the NL.

too bad for D-train though. A good portion of us saw this coming and it's kinda sad to see it. Hopefully he'll gain back his confidence once again.

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that will continue to be a knock against him until he proves that he can pitch well after the break. At this point, it is probably turning into a psychological thing for him.

Mr. Instant Offense: Rudy Burgess
Last Season: 59 rec. 655 yds. 4 TD; 147 car. 687 yds 6 TD
This Season- 2 games; 9 rec. 153 yds.
Yankees05

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not suprised at all. He has a history of slowing down in the second half, and I predicted he won't get to 17 wins. I also predicted Carpenter would win the NL Cy Young, and although I know there is a possibility Willis will bounce back, I think these picks will hold up.
ronniebrown

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yankees05 wrote:
I'm not suprised at all. He has a history of slowing down in the second half, and I predicted he won't get to 17 wins. I also predicted Carpenter would win the NL Cy Young, and although I know there is a possibility Willis will bounce back, I think these picks will hold up.
Clemens and Pedro will battle for it if D-Train dosen't bounce back.

~ Lork
iavikefn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that as of right now it's Chris Carpenter's Cy Young to lose.

^^ I really like the avatar and sig combo. Go Twins.

Big7BenMVP

It's going to be Chris Carpenter. Roger Clemens doesn't have enough wins to factor into the Cy Young Award race right now. Roger Clemens will have to finish around the 17 win mark to be considered, just like everyone else in baseball. Chris Carpenter is going to win 20 games this season, possibly even 25, if he can keep it up. This is Chris Carpenter's award to lose.

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^
wpbsball12

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This happens to Dontrelle every year. I think he gets tired at the end but mostly people start to track him. In the second half of the year you tend to face division opponents a lot more. Willis uses deception and hiding the ball so once people get used to his style, be becomes way more hittable. I bet his ERA finishes at mid to high 3s.

Clemens has to win the Cy Young. He has an ERA under 1.40 and if the Astros weren't the worst hitting team ever at the beginning of the year, he'd have 15-18 wins by now
ronniebrown

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he dose get tired during the second half why not pitch him on 6 days rest instead of 5? It might make a huge difference but mayhbe it will give him enough rest to pitch bettr in the secind half.

~ Lork

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: