Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Latest Yankee Rumor
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: Latest Yankee Rumor Reply with quote

There is a rumor that the Marlins have contacted the Yankees to see if they are interested in AJ Burnet and Mike Lowell, They asked the Yankees for Carl Pavano(The Yanks pick up most of his Contract) and Felix Rodriguez. The Yankees want to add Eric Duncan(Prospect) and try to aquire Juan Pierre. This is what the trade would look like if approved by both teams.

Yankees Get
AJ Burnett
Juan Pierre
Mike Lowell

Marlins Get
Carl Pavano(Yankees pick up majority of his contract)
Felix Rodriguez
Eric Duncan
Yankees05

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a source for this? Anyway, I don't like the trade at all for New York. We don't need another 3rd baseman since we have the best in the game, and our bullpen is already weak, so we don't need to get rid of Feliz Rodriguez. I think Pavano has the same production level as Burnett, and Pierre doesn't get on enough to do much good. So this would be a bad trade for NYY, in my opinion...
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if it's really that bad for the Yankees. It's bad for both sides, but not that bad for the Yankees. They could possibly move Jeter to 2B, and move A-Rod to SS, which would put Mike Lowell at 3B. Or just move A-Rod to 2B and put Lowell at 3B. Who knows. This is a weird trade for both sides. If I were both teams, I wouldn't do this trade.

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard it on another forum. If this happened the Yanks woould then trade Lowell to a team for bullpen help to a team than needs another bat
macksb13

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well in case you didnt know we have a guy named Robinson Cano at 2nd base. I think if they add Mota to the deal it would be great. Pavano for Burnett is pretty equal and to give up F-Rod and Duncan for Pierre and Mota is pretty good so I think that would be a good deal. But if they dont add Mota it is a stupid deal for the yanks.
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macksb13 wrote:
Well in case you didnt know we have a guy named Robinson Cano at 2nd base. I think if they add Mota to the deal it would be great. Pavano for Burnett is pretty equal and to give up F-Rod and Duncan for Pierre and Mota is pretty good so I think that would be a good deal. But if they dont add Mota it is a stupid deal for the yanks.

No way do the Florida Marlins trade Guillermo Mota. And about Robinson Cano, I was just brainstorming. Most likely, they would just put Mike Lowell in as the DH.

But most likely, the Yankees won't do anything. Not because they can't, but because they don't want to. They're probably just going to stand pat and let the season unfold.

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^
PanthersIn05

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yankees05 wrote:
Do you have a source for this? Anyway, I don't like the trade at all for New York. We don't need another 3rd baseman since we have the best in the game, and our bullpen is already weak, so we don't need to get rid of Feliz Rodriguez. I think Pavano has the same production level as Burnett, and Pierre doesn't get on enough to do much good. So this would be a bad trade for NYY, in my opinion...

I completely agree with you. Lowell doesn't do them much good and Juan Pierre isn't that great. Eric Duncan is a blue chip prospect and they could get much better with him than Juan Pierre IMO.
Yankees05

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big7BenROY wrote:
They could possibly move Jeter to 2B, and move A-Rod to SS, which would put Mike Lowell at 3B. Or just move A-Rod to 2B and put Lowell at 3B.

You are a lot smarter than this, Big7BenROY. You realize how ridiculous that idea is? Jeter wouldn't move positions for Rodriguez, so why would he move for Lowell? We compromised using a veteran in favor for our 2B of the future, and he is playing great. We won't replace him for Lowell. But like you said, this isn't a good trade for either team, so I'll give you that... Laughing
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/news/columnists/12194179.htm

Thats a link that says the Yanks are intrested in AJ Burnett
ronniebrown

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macksb13 wrote:
and to give up F-Rod
Dude could you never write F-Rod again Laughing I know it's childish but still funny to me. However I like the trade you get a lead off hitter in Pierre as well as a much needed CF not named Crosby. Burnett is healthier than Pavano and that's a plus with our DL problems this year. Lowell gives us another DH hopeful to replace Ruben Sierra who is on the DL again and most importantly it keeps Burnett out of the O's and Red Sox reach and we know the Boss loves to do that.

Yankee Batting Order with Trade
Pierre CF
Jeter SS
Sheffield RF
A-Rod 3B
Matsui LF
Giambi 1B
Cano 2B
Posada C
Lowell DH

~ Lork
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoever said Juan Pierre dosen't get on base enough check your stats. Last year he had a .374 OBP and this year he has a .318OBP. His Average last year was .326. He is struggling a bit this year, but all he may need is a change of scenery. and when he does get on he is always a threat to steal bases. He is a pretty good feilder. Last year he had a .995 Feilding % and this year it is .990
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ronniebrown wrote:
macksb13 wrote:
and to give up F-Rod
Dude could you never write F-Rod again Laughing I know it's childish but still funny to me. However I like the trade you get a lead off hitter in Pierre as well as a much needed CF not named Crosby. Burnett is healthier than Pavano and that's a plus with our DL problems this year. Lowell gives us another DH hopeful to replace Ruben Sierra who is on the DL again and most importantly it keeps Burnett out of the O's and Red Sox reach and we know the Boss loves to do that.

Yankee Batting Order with Trade
Pierre CF
Jeter SS
Sheffield RF
A-Rod 3B
Matsui LF
Giambi 1B
Cano 2B
Posada C
Lowell DH

Amen to that

PS-Eric Duncan is only batting .237 in AA. That is like someone hitting .237 against Sidney Ponson
ronniebrown

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
Whoever said Juan Pierre dosen't get on base enough check your stats. Last year he had a .374 OBP and this year he has a .318OBP. His Average last year was .326. He is struggling a bit this year, but all he may need is a change of scenery. and when he does get on he is always a threat to steal bases. He is a pretty good feilder. Last year he had a .995 Feilding % and this year it is .990

I mean it isn't the trade of the century but I think if you look at the upside that I pointed out the trade is worth it. Plus if we get Pierre (27 Years old)now we don't have to waste a 6 year contract on Johnny Damon (31 Years old) next year and get even older.
Pavano (29 Years old) 4.27 Career ERA
Burnett (28 Years old) 3.80 Career ERA

~ Lork
2105 yards

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yankees05 wrote:
Big7BenROY wrote:
They could possibly move Jeter to 2B, and move A-Rod to SS, which would put Mike Lowell at 3B. Or just move A-Rod to 2B and put Lowell at 3B.

You are a lot smarter than this, Big7BenROY. You realize how ridiculous that idea is? Jeter wouldn't move positions for Rodriguez, so why would he move for Lowell? We compromised using a veteran in favor for our 2B of the future, and he is playing great. We won't replace him for Lowell. But like you said, this isn't a good trade for either team, so I'll give you that... Laughing

I bet Torre would love to move Jeter to second and put the vastly superior defensive shortstop A-Rod back at his natural position...but Jeter's ego won't let it happen...it would be the best thing for the "team" but not for Jeter's ego...no way he wants to be replaed by A-Rod and have his Yankee legacy as the all-time Yankee shortstop in any way tarnished.
iavikefn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another possibility could be that the Yankees could move Robinson Cano out to left field, Derek Jeter to second base, Alex Rodriguez to shortstop, put Mike Lowell at third base, and have Hideki Matsui DH. I know that probably wouldn't happen, but it would solve a problem.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: