Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Latest Yankee Rumor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Yankees05


Joined: 21 Mar 2005
Posts: 7119
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ronniebrown wrote:
That is the better line up. Yankees you are not looking at the future Pierre is 27 that would put youth into an ageing line up plus it gives us better D and a guy who threatens to steal every time he is on. Do you really wana give a long term contract to a 31 soon t be 32 Johnny Damon when you can get a 27 Pierre now I think not.

I have said many times in the past that I don't think we should give a long-term deal to Damon. I think we should give him a 3-year deal, and then bring up a minor leaguer to fill the void. And I disagree that Pierre doesn't give us better defense. He may have more range, but he has a weak arm. It is an improvement over Bernie, but not over Bubba Crosby. He is not a long-term solution, though. I don't know, I'm just not high on Pierre. Here is my lineup:
1. Jeter SS
2. Cano 2B
3. Sheffield RF
4. Rodriguez 3B
5. Matsui LF
6. Giambi 1B
7. Posada C
8. Williams/Sierra DH
9. Crosby CF
As you can see, I don't think this trade should happen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ronniebrown


Joined: 24 Jan 2005
Posts: 7330
Location: H-Town
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iavikefn wrote:
Yankees05 wrote:
iavikefn wrote:
Nice try there, but you've showed why you could never coach a team. The lineup should go like this:

CF Juan Pierre
SS Derek Jeter
RF Gary Sheffield
3B Alex Rodriguez
LF Hideki Matsui
C Jorge Posada
1B Jason Giambi
2B Robinson Cano
DH Mike Lowell

Why is his lineup so inferior to yours? Just because he puts a guy with a .318 OBP hitting 9th? Plus, Giambi has a better average and more HR than Posada, so he should hit 6th. Nice try though... Wink


1. Juan Pierre, CF: You have Pierre bat first because he can bunt for a basehit, and get on base. Also, when he gets on base he is always a threat to steal a base, which keeps the pitchers off balance.
2. Derek Jeter, SS: You have Jeter bat second because he can move runners over. Jeter is one of the most fundamentally sound players in the game.
3. Gary Sheffild, RF: You have Sheffield bat third because he is the guy who drives in the runs. He and Alex Rodriguez are basically interchangeable, but Torre has had Sheffield in the third hole all year.
4. Alex Rodriguez, 3B: You have Rodriguez bat fourth for the same reason that Sheffield is batting third. To drive in runs. As well, Rodriguez is a threat to steal once he gets on, again keeping the pitchers off balance, and it forces them to throw fastballs to the next batters.
5. Hideki Matsui, LF: Same reasons here as with Sheffield and Rodriguez, except for that he isn't a threat to steal. He would be the beneficiary of fastballs in order to keep Rodriguez still.
6. Jorge Posada, C: Better pure hitter than Giambi, so, in my order, he goes higher.
7. Jason Giambi, 1B: He hits here because he isn't as good of a hitter as Posada. Sure, he is more powerful, but he could easily fall into a slump, just as quickly as he broke out of it.
8. Mike Lowell, DH: Because I would rather have Robinson Cano come up last to have speed on base for the top of the order, rather than having Lowell. Also, moving down this far in the order could help take pressure off of him. In Florida he has pressure to drive in runs.
9. Robinson Cano, 2B: Speed leading into the top of the lineup.

So, I would actually change Cano and Lowell from my original order, but that's how I would want my order to go, and why.

Dude Pierre and Cano don't hit 9 and Posada falls into slumps as easly as Giambi and in the real line up Torre bats Giambi over Posada.
_________________

~ Lork
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
iavikefn


Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 15770
Location: Iowa City, IA
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ronniebrown wrote:
iavikefn wrote:
Yankees05 wrote:
iavikefn wrote:
Nice try there, but you've showed why you could never coach a team. The lineup should go like this:

CF Juan Pierre
SS Derek Jeter
RF Gary Sheffield
3B Alex Rodriguez
LF Hideki Matsui
C Jorge Posada
1B Jason Giambi
2B Robinson Cano
DH Mike Lowell

Why is his lineup so inferior to yours? Just because he puts a guy with a .318 OBP hitting 9th? Plus, Giambi has a better average and more HR than Posada, so he should hit 6th. Nice try though... :wink:


1. Juan Pierre, CF: You have Pierre bat first because he can bunt for a basehit, and get on base. Also, when he gets on base he is always a threat to steal a base, which keeps the pitchers off balance.
2. Derek Jeter, SS: You have Jeter bat second because he can move runners over. Jeter is one of the most fundamentally sound players in the game.
3. Gary Sheffild, RF: You have Sheffield bat third because he is the guy who drives in the runs. He and Alex Rodriguez are basically interchangeable, but Torre has had Sheffield in the third hole all year.
4. Alex Rodriguez, 3B: You have Rodriguez bat fourth for the same reason that Sheffield is batting third. To drive in runs. As well, Rodriguez is a threat to steal once he gets on, again keeping the pitchers off balance, and it forces them to throw fastballs to the next batters.
5. Hideki Matsui, LF: Same reasons here as with Sheffield and Rodriguez, except for that he isn't a threat to steal. He would be the beneficiary of fastballs in order to keep Rodriguez still.
6. Jorge Posada, C: Better pure hitter than Giambi, so, in my order, he goes higher.
7. Jason Giambi, 1B: He hits here because he isn't as good of a hitter as Posada. Sure, he is more powerful, but he could easily fall into a slump, just as quickly as he broke out of it.
8. Mike Lowell, DH: Because I would rather have Robinson Cano come up last to have speed on base for the top of the order, rather than having Lowell. Also, moving down this far in the order could help take pressure off of him. In Florida he has pressure to drive in runs.
9. Robinson Cano, 2B: Speed leading into the top of the lineup.

So, I would actually change Cano and Lowell from my original order, but that's how I would want my order to go, and why.

Dude Pierre and Cano don't hit 9 and Posada falls into slumps as easly as Giambi and in the real line up Torre bats Giambi over Posada.


I know Torre bats Giambi over Posada. I'm saying how I would want my lineup to go if I were the manager.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
ronniebrown


Joined: 24 Jan 2005
Posts: 7330
Location: H-Town
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yankees05 wrote:
ronniebrown wrote:
That is the better line up. Yankees you are not looking at the future Pierre is 27 that would put youth into an ageing line up plus it gives us better D and a guy who threatens to steal every time he is on. Do you really wana give a long term contract to a 31 soon t be 32 Johnny Damon when you can get a 27 Pierre now I think not.

I have said many times in the past that I don't think we should give a long-term deal to Damon. I think we should give him a 3-year deal, and then bring up a minor leaguer to fill the void. And I disagree that Pierre doesn't give us better defense. He may have more range, but he has a weak arm. It is an improvement over Bernie, but not over Bubba Crosby. He is not a long-term solution, though. I don't know, I'm just not high on Pierre. Here is my lineup:
1. Jeter SS
2. Cano 2B
3. Sheffield RF
4. Rodriguez 3B
5. Matsui LF
6. Giambi 1B
7. Posada C
8. Williams/Sierra DH
9. Crosby CF
As you can see, I don't think this trade should happen.

I have to disagree my freind. There is no way Bubba Crosby is the long term solution and Damon I don't think will take a 3 year contract and Randy Winn I am not high on so I think we should do this trade immediatley. You said earlier all that mattered is this year that is what the Mariners and Yankees thought when they got Adrian Beltre and when the Yankees got Pavano/Wright last year.
_________________

~ Lork


Last edited by ronniebrown on Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
iavikefn


Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 15770
Location: Iowa City, IA
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ronniebrown wrote:
Yankees05 wrote:
ronniebrown wrote:
That is the better line up. Yankees you are not looking at the future Pierre is 27 that would put youth into an ageing line up plus it gives us better D and a guy who threatens to steal every time he is on. Do you really wana give a long term contract to a 31 soon t be 32 Johnny Damon when you can get a 27 Pierre now I think not.

I have said many times in the past that I don't think we should give a long-term deal to Damon. I think we should give him a 3-year deal, and then bring up a minor leaguer to fill the void. And I disagree that Pierre doesn't give us better defense. He may have more range, but he has a weak arm. It is an improvement over Bernie, but not over Bubba Crosby. He is not a long-term solution, though. I don't know, I'm just not high on Pierre. Here is my lineup:
1. Jeter SS
2. Cano 2B
3. Sheffield RF
4. Rodriguez 3B
5. Matsui LF
6. Giambi 1B
7. Posada C
8. Williams/Sierra DH
9. Crosby CF
As you can see, I don't think this trade should happen.

I have to disagree my freind. There is no way Bubba Crosby is the long term solution and Damon I don't think will take a 3 year contract and Randy Winn I am not high on so I think we should do this trade immediatley.


That's why he said:

Quote:
It is an improvement over Bernie, but not over Bubba Crosby. He is not a long-term solution, though.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
ronniebrown


Joined: 24 Jan 2005
Posts: 7330
Location: H-Town
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude I was agreeing he was not a long term solution but disagreeing that Damon would even touch a 3 year contract and that the trade shouldn't happen. Plus we need young talent and no matter the contract Damon isn't YOUNG talent.
_________________

~ Lork


Last edited by ronniebrown on Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Yankees05


Joined: 21 Mar 2005
Posts: 7119
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ronniebrown wrote:
I have to disagree my freind. There is no way Bubba Crosby is the long term solution and Damon I don't think will take a 3 year contract and Randy Winn I am not high on so I think we should do this trade immediatley. You said earlier all that mattered is this year that is what the Mariners and Yankees thought when they got Adrian Beltre and when the Yankees got Pavano/Wright last year.

I said that Crosby wasn't a long-term solution in the post you responded to. I do think all that matters is this year because we might choose to rebuild next year if we don't make the playoffs. Part of the reason I don't like this trade has to do with Burnett. I'm not high on him either, and I think Pavano will be good once he gets healthy. Plus, I don't want to give up middle relief, since we have none whatsoever (Sturtze and Gordon are setup men in my book).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iavikefn


Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 15770
Location: Iowa City, IA
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really could see Damon going after a 3 year contract, especially with the money that the Yankees will offer him.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Yankees05


Joined: 21 Mar 2005
Posts: 7119
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iavikefn wrote:
I really could see Damon going after a 3 year contract, especially with the money that the Yankees will offer him.

Yeah, he has said he wanted a 5-year deal, but we could give him a 3-year, $45-55 million deal, which is just as good as anyone will give him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ronniebrown


Joined: 24 Jan 2005
Posts: 7330
Location: H-Town
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yankees05 wrote:
ronniebrown wrote:
I have to disagree my freind. There is no way Bubba Crosby is the long term solution and Damon I don't think will take a 3 year contract and Randy Winn I am not high on so I think we should do this trade immediatley. You said earlier all that mattered is this year that is what the Mariners and Yankees thought when they got Adrian Beltre and when the Yankees got Pavano/Wright last year.

I said that Crosby wasn't a long-term solution in the post you responded to. I do think all that matters is this year because we might choose to rebuild next year if we don't make the playoffs. Part of the reason I don't like this trade has to do with Burnett. I'm not high on him either, and I think Pavano will be good once he gets healthy. Plus, I don't want to give up middle relief, since we have none whatsoever (Sturtze and Gordon are setup men in my book).

Felix isn't much and Burnett has a mich lower Season and Career ERA than Pavano as I said at the bottom of Pg.1 go look at the difference. Damon as I said is not young even with a 3 year contract. Plus I don't think he will come to new York he has to shave and cut his hair and follow alot of rules the Sox don't have.
_________________

~ Lork
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
ronniebrown


Joined: 24 Jan 2005
Posts: 7330
Location: H-Town
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yankees05 wrote:
iavikefn wrote:
I really could see Damon going after a 3 year contract, especially with the money that the Yankees will offer him.

Yeah, he has said he wanted a 5-year deal, but we could give him a 3-year, $45-55 million deal, which is just as good as anyone will give him.

Why would you wana give 50+ Million dollars to Damon when you could have a younger cheaper CF in Pierre who is just coming into his prime?
_________________

~ Lork
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Big7BenMVP


Joined: 23 Nov 2004
Posts: 94157
Location: Camarillo, CA
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick question. Who's going to replace Jorge Posada? He's 33, and doesn't have that much left to give to the organization with production at the plate.

This is one reason why I think they should have never trade Dioner Navarro.
_________________

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ronniebrown


Joined: 24 Jan 2005
Posts: 7330
Location: H-Town
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big7BenROY wrote:
Just a quick question. Who's going to replace Jorge Posada? He's 33, and doesn't have that much left to give to the organization with production at the plate.

This is one reason why I think they should have never trade Dioner Navarro.

I have been wondering the same thing and have not come up with an answer yet.
_________________

~ Lork
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
iavikefn


Joined: 06 Mar 2005
Posts: 15770
Location: Iowa City, IA
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big7BenROY wrote:
Just a quick question. Who's going to replace Jorge Posada? He's 33, and doesn't have that much left to give to the organization with production at the plate.

This is one reason why I think they should have never trade Dioner Navarro.


That's a good question. I don't think they have any top catching prospect. Looks like they'll have to try to sign a free agent sometime soon (1-2 offseasons).
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
macksb13


Joined: 08 Mar 2005
Posts: 1814
Location: Jersey
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all I just want to apologize if I offended anyone in what I said I am just angry about the yankees season. So sorry. Second I want to thank you to Yankees05 for defending my opinion. You guys have to understand that the 9 hole is as impotant as the leadoff. It acts as a second leadoff hitter. And Torre loves when Jeter bats leadoff. Plus Jeter has a higher batting average and on base percentage than Pierre. Also Cano is doing much better in the 2nd spot than he did in the 9 hole. So with my lineup Cano stays in his comfortable spot and now we have Pierre to be the second leadoff hitter. And with AJ Burnett if you look at his career he always gets hurt in the second half. He has had many arm problems while this is the first time Pavano is hurt.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group