Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Latest Yankee Rumor
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yankees05

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big7BenROY wrote:
Just a quick question. Who's going to replace Jorge Posada? He's 33, and doesn't have that much left to give to the organization with production at the plate.

This is one reason why I think they should have never trade Dioner Navarro.

I liked the trade for Johnson, except for Navarro. He could be a great catcher in the majors for 8-10 years, and the Dodgers got a great player in him. As for a replacement, the Yankees could call up a minor leaguer to learn under Posada like he did under Girardi. A candidate is Will Nieves. He is only 26 and has a .294 BA in AAA Columbus. So he could catch for 4-5 years for New York. Or, the more probable route, they could go for a free agent such as Johnny Estrada or Ramon Hernandez. I actually don't know how soon they will be available, though...
iavikefn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yankees05 wrote:
Big7BenROY wrote:
Just a quick question. Who's going to replace Jorge Posada? He's 33, and doesn't have that much left to give to the organization with production at the plate.

This is one reason why I think they should have never trade Dioner Navarro.

I liked the trade for Johnson, except for Navarro. He could be a great catcher in the majors for 8-10 years, and the Dodgers got a great player in him. As for a replacement, the Yankees could call up a minor leaguer to learn under Posada like he did under Girardi. A candidate is Will Nieves. He is only 26 and has a .294 BA in AAA Columbus. So he could catch for 4-5 years for New York. Or, the more probable route, they could go for a free agent such as Johnny Estrada or Ramon Hernandez. I actually don't know how soon they will be available, though...

26 is pretty old for being in AAA. He's probably not the answer.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/news/columnists/12194179.htm

Thats a link that says the Yanks are intrested in AJ Burnett

Thanks for the link.
Yankees05

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iavikefn wrote:
26 is pretty old for being in AAA. He's probably not the answer.

You are probally right. I was just trying to come up with a few options.
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that Johnny Estrada is going anywhere. From what I've heard/read, the Braves are very happy with him. Except when Darin Erstad ran over him at the plate, LOL. Sorry, had to say that. About Ramon Hernandez, I've been hearing trade rumors about him, but nothing concrete. I don't think he's going anywhere either. Only probable choice, is Jason Kendall of the A's. The A's have two top Catcher prospects, so they could deal Jason Kendall. They'll probably ask for a pitching prospect in return, knowing the A's.

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^
iavikefn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big7BenROY wrote:
I don't think that Johnny Estrada is going anywhere. From what I've heard/read, the Braves are very happy with him. Except when Darin Erstad ran over him at the plate, LOL. Sorry, had to say that. About Ramon Hernandez, I've been hearing trade rumors about him, but nothing concrete. I don't think he's going anywhere either. Only probable choice, is Jason Kendall of the A's. The A's have two top Catcher prospects, so they could deal Jason Kendall. They'll probably ask for a pitching prospect in return, knowing the A's.

But the Braves have a very good catching prospect in Brian McCann. One of them will have to go.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ronniebrown wrote:
Felix isn't much...Plus I don't think he will come to new York he has to shave and cut his hair and follow alot of rules the Sox don't have.

I think Felix is a very good pitcher. His career ERA is 3.44, and he has proved to be an outstanding setup man in the past, most notably with the 2001 Giants. And about Damon: I am pretty sure he would cut his hair for $55 million if that was the best offer. He has already shown he dosn't care where he plays as long as he gets his money.
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iavikefn wrote:
But the Braves have a very good catching prospect in Brian McCann. One of them will have to go.

Can't believe I forgot about him. Um, then I guess Estrada will be traded for a pitching prospect(s). That would be the probable thing.

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
ronniebrown

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yankees05 wrote:
ronniebrown wrote:
Felix isn't much...Plus I don't think he will come to new York he has to shave and cut his hair and follow alot of rules the Sox don't have.

I think Felix is a very good pitcher. His career ERA is 3.44, and he has proved to be an outstanding setup man in the past, most notably with the 2001 Giants. And about Damon: I am pretty sure he would cut his hair for $55 million if that was the best offer. He has already shown he dosn't care where he plays as long as he gets his money.

My main point on Damon is why keep getting older and more expensive with a guy like Damon when you could get a guy entering his prime and is going to reach 29 at around the same time as Can and Wang.

~ Lork
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yankees05 wrote:
I think Felix is a very good pitcher. His career ERA is 3.44, and he has proved to be an outstanding setup man in the past, most notably with the 2001 Giants.

Scott Spiezio of the 2002 Angles surely thought he was a good pitcher. He thought he wsa a great pitcher when he let Scott hit the 3-run homer to win Game 6 for the Angels, which sent the series to a Game 7, which we all know how that turned out. I think Felix Rodriguez gets a bouqet of flowers ever Valentine's Day from Scott Spiezio.

as11osu wrote:
iavikefn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big7BenROY wrote:
iavikefn wrote:

Can't believe I forgot about him. Um, then I guess Estrada will be traded for a pitching prospect(s). That would be the probable thing.

Geez BigBen...you're slipping.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iavikefn wrote:
Big7BenROY wrote:
iavikefn wrote:

Geez BigBen...you're slipping.

Man, I know. It's also due in part to the fact I'm playing MVP Baseball 2005 right now, and trying to win against the Rockies in extra innings.

as11osu wrote:
iavikefn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Letting the Rockies take you to extra innings...That's pitiful. Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big7BenROY wrote:
Man, I know. It's also due in part to the fact I'm playing MVP Baseball 2005 right now, and trying to win against the Rockies in extra innings.

What team do you use? By the way, I just won the World Series with the Yankees going 173-0. A-Rod finished the year with a .397 BA, 77 HR and 209 RBI.

Anyway, don't sleep on the Braves' Brayan Pena. He is hitting .332 in AAA, and is only 23 years old...
iavikefn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yankees05 wrote:
Big7BenROY wrote:

What team do you use? By the way, I just won the World Series with the Yankees going 173-0. A-Rod finished the year with a .397 BA, 77 HR and 209 RBI.

Anyway, don't sleep on the Braves' Brayan Pena. He is hitting .332 in AAA, and is only 23 years old...

Maybe it's time to up the difficulty a little...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: