Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Toughest division in baseball
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jagz4life

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:31 am    Post subject: Toughest division in baseball Reply with quote

What is the toughest division in baseball?
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the National League East. All five teams are within five games of eachother, or something close to that. That division could come down to the last couple weeks of the season, but the Atlanta Braves are still my pick to take that division.

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^
jagz4life

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly my choice... it sucks the Marlins are in it, but thats the way it is.... I mean how long ago was it that every team in the division was above .500? Its ridiculous
the lone star

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gotta be the NL East. All 5 teams in that division (the Braves, Nationals, Phillies, Mets and Marlins) are over .500 for the time being. They all have legit chances of making the post-season and the fact that they are all in the same division makes it tougher for them, as they face each other more than they do other teams. A close 2nd would have to be the AL East.

But the worst division in baseball right now is the NL West. only 1 team is currently over .500, and that's the Padres.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big7BenROY wrote:
It's the National League East. All five teams are within five games of eachother, or something close to that. That division could come down to the last couple weeks of the season, but the Atlanta Braves are still my pick to take that division.

haha, i always have the Braves winning that division. 13 years in a row is really impressive, and i don't think they're stopping just yet. You're right, they do have a lot of competition, but they'll be able to pull it off and make the post-season.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's because they were beating up on the crappy NL West teams. Such as the Diamondbacks (they're not a contender), the Dodgers (they were injured), the Giants (not a contender), the Padres (they were injured), and the Rockies (just plain horrible). Not saying the NL East teams aren't deserving of their records, but some of those teams have better records then they really should. The Atlanta Braves are the only real "contender" from the NL East. The Phillies, Mets, Marlins, and Nationals are all pretenders that are over-achieving, at least to me they are.

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
jagz4life

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Marlins OVERACHIEVING?! The Marlins are WAY underachieving... look at their roster, look at their staff... they have played horrible lately, their pitching has been nothing lately... they were supposed to be big playoff contenders and they are at the bottom of the division and only one game over... thats underachieving.
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew they weren't going to win that division. There's no way their pitching staff was going to keep them in the hunt the entire season. And it's proving true. I knew that their offense wasn't good enough to get them into the posteason, which is also holding true. Cabrera, Delgado, and Lowell aren't enough on offense. Same with Willis, Burnett, and Beckett. By the way, Beckett is so freakin' overrated, it's not even funny. I knew the Florida Marlins weren't making it, but these other so-called "experts" weren't smart enough to see that.

as11osu wrote:
jagz4life

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never said they would win the division, I said they were supposed to make a division push, which is true, they should. Beckett is good, and all you have to do is look at tonights game. Lowell has played horrible, so he doesn't even count for offense. How about Castillo? Hes been great on offense, but its guys like Pierre and Lowell who just have played terrible and for a while, our pitching was holding us up... but now they need run support
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's what I'm saying, they're so inconsistent, they either get great pitching and no offense or great offense and no pitching. Both haven't clicked together since the beginning of the season. And that's when their demise started. They used up their pitcher's arms too much at the beginning of the season. Letting them pitch all those complete games was the wrong move. They got Guillermo Mota in a trade for a reason. That reason was to be their closer. They didn't use him enough to get him into the team flow. Because of their stupid moves, they will not make the playoffs.

as11osu wrote:
jagz4life

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big7BenROY wrote:
Well that's what I'm saying, they're so inconsistent, they either get great pitching and no offense or great offense and no pitching. Both haven't clicked together since the beginning of the season. And that's when their demise started. They used up their pitcher's arms too much at the beginning of the season. Letting them pitch all those complete games was the wrong move. They got Guillermo Mota in a trade for a reason. That reason was to be their closer. They didn't use him enough to get him into the team flow. Because of their stupid moves, they will not make the playoffs.

Mota was on the DL for a good portion of the season... and you are proving my point. You are saying they are inconsistent and have good offense with bad pitching and bad offense with good pitching, and they just can't seem to click, when if they click, they would be really good... so wouldn't you call that... underachieving?
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See, they're underachieving to most people, but not to me. The reason is because a lot of people had them pegged to win the division. I didn't, I had them finishing third this season in the NL East. So to me, they're overachieving.

as11osu wrote:
jagz4life

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who did you have in front of them? Atlanta and NY? I'm sure you didn't have Washington winning did you?
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jagz4life wrote:
Who did you have in front of them? Atlanta and NY? I'm sure you didn't have Washington winning did you?

I didn't think the Washington Nationals were going to do this well. I had them as finishing dead last in the division. Here's how I had it ending up.

1) Atlanta Braves
2) Philadelphia Phillies
3) Florida Marlins
4) New York Mets
5) Washington Nationals

That's how I had it.

as11osu wrote:
jagz4life

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I don't think anyone did.. this is what I had...

As a Marlins fan I had to put us first...

1. Marlins
2. Atlanta
3. NY
4. Philly
5. Washington

I also had them last, but it looks like its flip floped right now lol Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: