Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sweeney to Angels Rumor
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2105 yards

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if we'll see Kendry Morales in September as well...this guy has been mashing minor league pitching...I'm not sating he's major league ready but maybe a call up???
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2105 yards wrote:
I wonder if we'll see Kendry Morales in September as well...this guy has been mashing minor league pitching...I'm not sating he's major league ready but maybe a call up???

Very possible. The Angels are probably going to call a lot of their top prospects up to the majors when the roster expands, just to give them a feel of what a playoff atmosphere is like.

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^
iavikefn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big7BenROY wrote:
2105 yards wrote:
Brandon Wood is another of the Halos to prospects...the 6'3" 185 lb. shortstop is tearing it up at Rancho Cucamonga (A) hitting .325 with 34 HR and 88 RBI in just 94 games!!!

Here's his full statline, so far.

Brandon Wood (94 Games) = .325 AVG, 382 At-Bats, 75 Runs, 124 Hits, 33 Doubles, 3 Triples, 34 HRs, 88 RBIs, 265 Total Bases, 36 BB, 81 SO, 5 SB, 2 CS, 2 SAC, 2 SF, .694 SLG, .390 OBP, 1.084 OPS, 16 Errors, 10 GIDP, 1 IBB, 6 HBP

And he just turned 20 on March 5th! They had better not trade him.

LOL, listen to me. I sound like a little girl. I just don't want any of those great prospects with great talent to get traded for aging veterans, ala the Yankees, and then it comes back to bite the Angels in the butt.

Here's an added piece of information. Brandon Wood was the Angels #1 pick in 2003. So he should be with them for a while, hopefully.

A little piece of advice to the Angels...Do not rade Brandon Wood. I don't care if you have to move his position, like they were talking about or whatever, but it would be an awful thing to do. I was able to see this guy play a lot in Cedar Rapids, which is about 20 minutes from where I live. He won the Class A Midwest League Home Run Derby last year and has one of the best swings that I've seen in a while, which is where he generates so much power out of such a small frame.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big7BenROY wrote:
2105 yards wrote:
It's so nice to see real prospects in the Angel system...I can imagine an infield of Kotchman, Aybar, Wood and McPherson in Anaheim in maybe another 3 or 4 years...but you never know, sometimes you have to trade some prospects in order to go for it in a certain year...you don't get the chance to win a championship every year but even so I love all the talent the Halos are stockpiling these days.

Don't forget about Kendry Morales either. He's another Angels IF who is going to be great (hopefully).

I will tell you this though, as much as I love Dallas McPherson, I just have this feeling that he will not blossom into the player the Angels are hoping for.

I thought they were moving Morales to the outfield because Kotchman would be in his way once he got to the show?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iavikefn wrote:
A little piece of advice to the Angels...Do not rade Brandon Wood. I don't care if you have to move his position, like they were talking about or whatever, but it would be an awful thing to do. I was able to see this guy play a lot in Cedar Rapids, which is about 20 minutes from where I live. He won the Class A Midwest League Home Run Derby last year and has one of the best swings that I've seen in a while, which is where he generates so much power out of such a small frame.

I hope they don't trade him. I'm not just hoping, I'm praying.

iavikefn wrote:
I thought they were moving Morales to the outfield because Kotchman would be in his way once he got to the show?

I was aware that they were going to do that, but I don't if they have officially moved Kendry Morales to the outfield, yet. Things could still change though. He would make an excellent player in Left Field for the Angels. Who knows, maybe the Angels could move Darin Erstad back into Center Field once Steve Finley retires, and then put Casey Kotchman in at First Base. That's probably the plan.

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: