Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Madden and NBA Basketball Sub-Forums

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Feedback Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TomRalph

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 3:54 am    Post subject: Madden and NBA Basketball Sub-Forums Reply with quote

I don't know if this isj ust me but I would much prefer Sub-Forums for both Madden and NBA Basketball Forums.

The Madden thread is always in the high double figures (Its at 79 already) and I think there is so much discussion about certain aspects of the game that can get faded out by just having one designated thread.

Also we are all NFL/NCAA fans on this forum (it's why we signed up!) and the vast majority of us will play computer games based on Football.

I think Sub-Forums based around:

General Madden
General NCAA
News
Franchises
Rosters
Sliders

NBA Basketball could be split into:

General
News
Comparisons
Draft

I am not sure about technology aspects suchas bandwidth and all that sort of stuff, but as a long time lurker and short time poster, I think this would be a huge improvement to these particular aspects of the forum.

Adopt-a-Patriot '14: Danny Amendola
Catches: 4
Braylon4MVP

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, I don't think we need 7 forums dedicated to one video game.

John Frusciante FTW
Red Hot Chili Peppers FTW
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Braylon4MVP wrote:
Lol, I don't think we need 7 forums dedicated to one video game.

Maybe not 7, but having one forum for strictly Madden and all threads madden related, with another for 'Other games' would be best (Or include NCAA with Madden).

^^ryknowssd^^
Supporter of the Death Penalty in CFB
FF Hunger Games I Winner

titans0021 wrote:
Official Order
1.Michael Griffin

#JDI
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per Webby:

Webmaster wrote:
You should be able to have many specific topics about Madden. The forum is primarily the 'madden forum', so one topic will inhibit discussion.

Just check for duplicates and don't post a bunch of 'join my madden league' topics, but otherwise multiple topics would be fine.

In short, you don't have to keep all aspects of the game to one thread. If you want to have a thread about the new Gameflow system, feel free to start it. If you want to have a thread about the new running engine, go for it. If you want a topic on My Skill and other things pertaining to difficulty, then go for it.

The ONLY two things we ask is we keep the "Join my Online Madden League! XX Spots open!" to a minimum and check to see if a topic exists before you start a new one.

As far as the NBA discussion...well, I know that we have a forum dedicated to the NBA and much like the Madden forum, we encourage threads to be opened up to discuss different aspects of the game. From what I know, we have threads on each individual team as well as open discussion threads. Heck, I know there were like 15 LeBron James threads going on at a time...

I believe the structure is fine as it is, but we'll let Webby make the final call on the direction he would want his site to take.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
TomRalph

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm a regular user of all the forums on here and I am put off from posting threads or posts in these particular forums because I think they can get washed out by the unorganised and high traffic in these particular ones.

JustisM

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
Well I'm a regular user of all the forums on here and I am put off from posting threads or posts in these particular forums because I think they can get washed out by the unorganised and high traffic in these particular ones.

Confused
I feel like the Mods and Webby try to keep things as organized as I have seen on a site...
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JustisM wrote:
TomRalph wrote:

Confused
I feel like the Mods and Webby try to keep things as organized as I have seen on a site...

Agreed. This is easily one of the most organized message boards/forums you'll ever find. If you think this is unorganized, you must not post on many boards Wink
TomRalph

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh No, I agree that its really well organised, I just think that a few sub-forums would help everyone out, perhaps attract more people to post, attract better quality discussion, Ijust think with both Madden and the NBA that there are so many things that need to be talked about that 1 froum and 1 thread cannot maintain all the topics that could (and would) be discussed in them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Feedback Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: