Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rugby League
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would of missed less than 10 maybe less than 5 Warriors games since they were formed in 1995. They have never played better than they did in this game vs Melbourne. Stunning... The mix of controlled power football and bit's of Warrior flare at the right time was great.

The Defense in the second half was amazing. The storm neever got near scoring. Shocked

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir
Buckrock101

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a turnaround from a couple of weeks ago by the Warriors. Mutilated by the Broncos, and then they come back and play such a great game against the Storm. Amazing.

Storm did look pretty flat the whole game, but you can't take it away from the Warriors, who were so disciplined and so solid the whole game. Not like them at all. Instead of big flashy linebreaks, they kept it in control with a lot of really strong sets, all game long. Also kept the likes of Smith, Cronk and Slater in check the whole game. Fantastic how they managed that.

Excellent finish too. I absolutely love Johnson/Mateo/Vatuvei down that left edge, and right at the end Johnson just took control, made that game his own when he put Lewis in.

So stoked right now. If the Tigers couldn't do it, I hoped the Warriors would get to the final. The atmosphere at the bar next Sunday is going to be insane. I can't wait.

IrishGreen wrote:
buck comes thru in the clutch
McNabbMcFadden wrote:
All Hail Buckrock
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big day for the New Zealand Warriors club tomorrow. They have a team in all three finals. This guy will be getting drunk and sitting on the couch watching every minute of it.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir
Buckrock101

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really wishing I hadn't picked up a shift tomorrow right now. I finish at 5:30, so I've got plenty of time before it starts, but with the ABs on as well, I'm scared to high hell that I won't be able to get into Four Kings when I get off.

Wherever it is I'm watching it though, I can't wait. Should be awesome, even more so if the Warriors pull it off.

IrishGreen wrote:
McNabbMcFadden wrote:
All Hail Buckrock
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vulcans lost to a last minute try.
U20's conceed a last minute try to tie the game (Golden Point to find the winner)

At least we have seen some good footy today. I have a feeling the Main Event could be a letdown, a blowout one way or another.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nervous. Come on Warriors.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should of been a penalty to the Warriors before halftime. Not a try to Manly Mad

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warriors need to play more than 20 minutes of football to win games.

That first 20 minutes of the 2nd half they were inept. Three crucial mistakes from Inu later on in the game really hurt their chances.

My guess for the Churchill is Glenn Stewart or Keiran Foran.

hornbybrown

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:

That first 20 minutes of the 2nd half they were inept. Three crucial mistakes from Inu later on in the game really hurt their chances.

I thought it was a Brave effort.

How good do the halves for the Kiwi's look Shaun Johnson, Benji Marshall and Foran.

How to fit them in is the question. Foran started his football as a center so that might be what they have to do sometime in the future. For now I think they stick with Marshal and Foran and Bring Johnson on tours to get him involved in the Kiwi culture.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir
Buckrock101

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[inappropriate/removed] Manly. Tigers' year nekk year

IrishGreen wrote:
McNabbMcFadden wrote:
All Hail Buckrock
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
khodder wrote:

I thought it was a Brave effort.

How good do the halves for the Kiwi's look Shaun Johnson, Benji Marshall and Foran.

How to fit them in is the question. Foran started his football as a center so that might be what they have to do sometime in the future. For now I think they stick with Marshal and Foran and Bring Johnson on tours to get him involved in the Kiwi culture.

Johnson's long kicking game has a long way to go, as does his defense and his decision making, he is capable of doing the amazing and the extraordinary, but he is also capable of making big mistakes at the worst time.

Foran at 6 and Marshall at 7 is the best way to play them for the next 2-3 years I think, Marshall and Johnson are too similar, and Foran is just that good.

Buckrock101

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:

Johnson's long kicking game has a long way to go, as does his defense and his decision making, he is capable of doing the amazing and the extraordinary, but he is also capable of making big mistakes at the worst time.

Foran at 6 and Marshall at 7 is the best way to play them for the next 2-3 years I think, Marshall and Johnson are too similar, and Foran is just that good.

His long kicking game isn't that bad. Better than Maloney's was last night, at least. His was terrible.

IrishGreen wrote:
McNabbMcFadden wrote:
All Hail Buckrock
Buckrock101

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Positives, from what was one of those games we have against Aussie about 50% of the time...

-Luke was amazing... when he was on the field. Kearney should be fired for starting Fien over him, and waiting about 30-35 minutes (and 26 points) to get him on. 2nd best hooker in the game IMO, and he showed it in the second half.
-I thought some of the forwards played really well. Smith, Glenn were both great, Fui Fui made a couple of errors but made a ton of hard runs, Sika was fantastic, and Packer played really well with lots of mongrel as well.
-Apart from some rookie defensive lapses, Beale impressed the hell out of me. I didn't like him much playing at center/wing for the Broncos, but he ran the ball really well, and made some nice one on one tackles early on.
-Our try was a piece of brilliance... showed the class and vision of Kevin Locke front and center.

A couple of key negatives...

-Benji was MIA, again. I seriously think he needs to be dropped for the next game, to send a message that he needs to start playing better. Since the Tigers-Titans game, he's been a ghost out there.
-I didn't like Brown starting at center, and it didn't take long for him to validate those fears. Got brutalized by Tonga, who was just way too quick for Lewis to handle. Was guilty of poor support play on the other end as well, when Glenn offloaded about 5 yards out, and Lewis was nowhere to be found. I love the guy, but I think he should be a utility guy off the bench, playing mainly back row, only in the backs if there's an injury. Things would have been very different if we started Mannering there instead, I think.

It was really just one of those games, though. We saw it with the Warriors against Brisbane as well... the Aussies get out to a quick lead, New Zealanders seem to panic, try and turn it around with one play. You saw that today- on defense, rushing up out of the line to try and make the big play, and on attack, trying for the big play, for the 40/20 every set. Played well in the second half, and we do have the ability to stick with them if we get off to a better start.

IrishGreen wrote:
McNabbMcFadden wrote:
All Hail Buckrock
Buckrock101

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That game was a lot better, but there is still a lot of room for improvement. Benji is still playing sub-par, and the kicking game as a whole was very weak. Also, I have no idea what Kerney's fascination is with Thomas Leuluai. Guy played more than Luke did this game, which is ridiculous. He's a solid player, but he's keeping one of our best attacking weapons off the field.

Looking forward to seeing what Adam Blair can add to the team when he comes back. Hopefully they stick him in the 2nd row and move Mannering out to center, in Brown's spot. I'm also hoping that Alex Glenn comes back into the starting lineup. He is underrated as hell, and I think Sika is better suited coming off the bench.

IrishGreen wrote:
McNabbMcFadden wrote:
All Hail Buckrock
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buckrock101 wrote:
That game was a lot better, but there is still a lot of room for improvement. Benji is still playing sub-par, and the kicking game as a whole was very weak. Also, I have no idea what Kerney's fascination is with Thomas Leuluai. Guy played more than Luke did this game, which is ridiculous. He's a solid player, but he's keeping one of our best attacking weapons off the field.

Looking forward to seeing what Adam Blair can add to the team when he comes back. Hopefully they stick him in the 2nd row and move Mannering out to center, in Brown's spot. I'm also hoping that Alex Glenn comes back into the starting lineup. He is underrated as hell, and I think Sika is better suited coming off the bench.

As long as we get past England I actually think we will beat Australia in the final.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: