Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rugby League
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buckrock101

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
The kiwi's vs Australia friday. Do We (kiwi's) have a chance?. I feel We match up well in the forwards. There backline is awesome maybe the best aussie backline ever. That is saying something.

As is always the case, if you look at the teams on paper it appears that the Aussies should maul us. That sometimes happens as well. The factor a lot of the times though is chemistry and heart, of which the Kiwi boys often have the advantage.

I really have no idea what is going to happen, it is a new coach, new staff, and a lot of new faces. I really hope we can at least compete, and avoid a blowout.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buckrock101 wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
The kiwi's vs Australia friday. Do We (kiwi's) have a chance?. I feel We match up well in the forwards. There backline is awesome maybe the best aussie backline ever. That is saying something.

As is always the case, if you look at the teams on paper it appears that the Aussies should maul us. That sometimes happens as well. The factor a lot of the times though is chemistry and heart, of which the Kiwi boys often have the advantage.

I really have no idea what is going to happen, it is a new coach, new staff, and a lot of new faces. I really hope we can at least compete, and avoid a blowout.

I feel with Kearney in charge the chemistry should be there. I feel the boys will play for Him. Also having Wiki and`Jones in the camp will help. I have no doubt this year the heart will be there. But that aussie backline scares me.
We need to make it a forward battle. Make it a smash mouth fight and we are in with a chance. We need to rally around the likes of Sonny, Roy and Kidwell. We need big hits and good runs by them early in the game to lift the other guys.
We also need to complete sets and kick and chase well. If You dont do the basics well they will kill us.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
Buckrock101

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
Buckrock101 wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:

I feel with Kearney in charge the chemistry should be there. I feel the boys will play for Him. Also having Wiki and`Jones in the camp will help. I have no doubt this year the heart will be there. But that aussie backline scares me.
We need to make it a forward battle. Make it a smash mouth fight and we are in with a chance. We need to rally around the likes of Sonny, Roy and Kidwell. We need big hits and good runs by them early in the game to lift the other guys.
We also need to complete sets and kick and chase well. If You dont do the basics well they will kill us.

Yup, chemistry may be the one main advantage we have, and as you said, with Kearney in charge that will most likely be even better. I agree we need to be physical on defense, but on attack I feel we need to be the opposite, we need to spread it out and get the Kiwi/Polynesian flare going. That is always the strength of New Zealanders in the NRL.

Leuluai (sp?) and Roberts in the halves are going to be key in terms of running the offense, and on defense there will be a lot depending on Mannering, Asotasi, and Sonny Bill, they have to be hard-nosed and take it to the star-studded Aussie team.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Buckrock101"]
hornbybrown wrote:
Buckrock101 wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:

Yup, chemistry may be the one main advantage we have, and as you said, with Kearney in charge that will most likely be even better. I agree we need to be physical on defense, but on attack I feel we need to be the opposite, we need to spread it out and get the Kiwi/Polynesian flare going. That is always the strength of New Zealanders in the NRL.

Leuluai (sp?) and Roberts in the halves are going to be key in terms of running the offense, and on defense there will be a lot depending on Mannering, Asotasi, and Sonny Bill, they have to be hard-nosed and take it to the star-studded Aussie team.[/quote
I don't mind us having a go on attack but we need to pick our spots well and make sure We are clinical in how We do it. We cant be like how the warriors have been the last couple of weeks. To many easy turn overs.
So yes I want us to challenge them out wide but also to be smart about it.

I would like to see Lance Hohia (spelling could be out there) in the halves with Thomas. I feel He has been very good for the warriors at fullback and is in form and also is a natrual half who is hurt by his talent to play a lot of spots.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Pierre Desir
Buckrock101

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there is any way Roberts is left out, as he provides the spark from the halves, kinda a poor-man's Benji Marshall. He will be vital for us, if he is let loose by the Kangaroos it will be close.

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buckrock101 wrote:
I don't think there is any way Roberts is left out, as he provides the spark from the halves, kinda a poor-man's Benji Marshall. He will be vital for us, if he is let loose by the Kangaroos it will be close.

I have not watched enough of the bulldogs lately But His option taking at times use to really worry Me. I would imagine this has improved with time.
As long as lance is on the bench I will be happy. We should have a 3 forward 1 back split on the bench and Lance is perfect to be the back because He can play fullback, center, standoff, halfback and hooker.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Pierre Desir
Buckrock101

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
Buckrock101 wrote:

I have not watched enough of the bulldogs lately But His option taking at times use to really worry Me. I would imagine this has improved with time.
As long as lance is on the bench I will be happy. We should have a 3 forward 1 back split on the bench and Lance is perfect to be the back because He can play fullback, center, standoff, halfback and hooker.

Yupp Hohaia is great to have on the bench because of his versatility. I personally like him at hooker, his running will have improved playing Fullback, so he could be dangerous out of dummy half.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Kidwell or Hohaia in the 17 for the test on friday. I really thought Kidwell would be in there. Was looking forward to Him smashing Willie Mason.

Oh well hopefully Sonny get's Him Cool Smile

Adopt a Brown 2014
Pierre Desir
Buckrock101

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
No Kidwell or Hohaia in the 17 for the test on friday. I really thought Kidwell would be in there. Was looking forward to Him smashing Willie Mason.

Yupp Very Happy Sonny's onto him.

IDK about anyone else, but Wayne Bennett's work with the team is really getting me pumped, and I see us as a chance this Friday

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buckrock101 wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:

Yupp Very Happy Sonny's onto him.

IDK about anyone else, but Wayne Bennett's work with the team is really getting me pumped, and I see us as a chance this Friday

I at first was really worried about this game. But I think Kearney and Bennett are a great combo. It was good to see on the sports news tonight it looked like Bennett was in a hands on role.
The mind games have started We turned up late to a offical function today.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Pierre Desir
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just heard a report from Australia on radio sport New Zealand that Ben Roberts is in a lot of doubt to play tonight. He has done a hamstring injury at training yesterday.
No word on a replacment but would imagine Lance Hohaia will go straight into the starting line up.

Unless they spring a big surprise and throw Benji in there. His injury was not bad.
that would be cool but proably stupid and wont happen.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Pierre Desir
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
Just heard a report from Australia on radio sport New Zealand that Ben Roberts is in a lot of doubt to play tonight. He has done a hamstring injury at training yesterday.
No word on a replacment but would imagine Lance Hohaia will go straight into the starting line up.

Unless they spring a big surprise and throw Benji in there. His injury was not bad.

Benji isn't even playing for the Tigers, we bought him back to quickly and he is out for another 2 or so weeks after this, I'd give it 0% for Benji to play.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:

Benji isn't even playing for the Tigers, we bought him back to quickly and he is out for another 2 or so weeks after this, I'd give it 0% for Benji to play.

The tigers did say that He could of played if He really had to but that looking long term it would not be a good idea. Tigers dont play this week. He will be starting next week.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Pierre Desir
Buckrock101

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, did anyone else see Tim Sheens calling out Benji Marshall for his Defense on the weekend?? I thought that was pretty wierd to see him go off at him like that.

Benji did pretty well on O though, considering he was injured.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buckrock101 wrote:
Wow, did anyone else see Tim Sheens calling out Benji Marshall for his Defense on the weekend?? I thought that was pretty wierd to see him go off at him like that.

Benji did pretty well on O though, considering he was injured.

He was right about Benji D. but You dont say it in public like that.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Pierre Desir

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 3 of 13

Jump to: