Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

bkobow05's 2008 NBA Mock Draft version 3.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DerrickJohnson#11

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sonics are going to be nasty in a few years with that draft...

Beasley
Durant
Green
Augustin

All potential all stars....

I like the Wolves pick just because I am not a fan of Lopez. If we draft OJ Mayo I would like for the Wolves to trade McCants for a future first rounder or a first rounder this year.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VikingZfan18 wrote:
BwareDware94 wrote:
Still upset about us trading are 2nd round pick for Ricky Davis! Sad This draft is so talented, would love to add another quality player, such as JJ Hickson, or another center.

You also traded a future first rounder too. We robbed you guys!!!! (wow the wolves actually getting the good end of a deal Shocked Laughing Shocked Laughing Shocked ).

The Wolves made 3 trades where they came out ahead. The first was the KG trade, where we got a future star, two solid players, and 2 first rounders. The second trade was the Miami Heat trade where we got rid of Ricky Davis and Mark Blount for Walker, Doleac, a second rounder, and a first rounder. The final trade is the Gerald Green trade. We got Snyder who produces better than Green (who was already cut) and a second rounder. What is this? Kevin McHale making good moves? Shocked

McHale definatley made a few good moves the last few times around! What year do we give you are first, 2009 or 2010? Either way, Blount is a scrub, and Davis is decent, but I would much rather have a 2nd, and a future first. Sad

And about the TimberWolves, they should be stacked with young talent pretty soon. Jefferson, Foye, Gomes, McCants, Telfair Lotto pick, and all these other first rounders your getting, look out.
sportskid_021

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BwareDware94 wrote:

What year do we give you are first, 2009 or 2010?

Minnesota owns Miami's first round pick, top 14 protected in 2008, top 10 protected in 2009, top 6 protected in 2010, and unprotected after that.

"There's only one Tree Hill, and it's your home." ~ 2003-2012
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sportskid_021 wrote:
Minnesota owns Miami's first round pick, top 14 protected in 2008, top 10 protected in 2009, top 6 protected in 2010, and unprotected after that.
For the sake of the Clippers, I hope Miami makes the playoffs next year while Minnesota does horrible.

This way, the Clippers finally get Minnesota's pick from the Cassell trade. I think that's how it'd work out.

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^
sportskid_021

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big7BenMVP wrote:
sportskid_021 wrote:
For the sake of the Clippers, I hope Miami makes the playoffs next year while Minnesota does horrible.

This way, the Clippers finally get Minnesota's pick from the Cassell trade. I think that's how it'd work out.

Los Angeles Clippers receive Minnesota's first round pick (top-10 protected through 2010) as part of the Sam Cassell/Marko Jaric trade

Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sportskid_021 wrote:
Los Angeles Clippers receive Minnesota's first round pick (top-10 protected through 2010) as part of the Sam Cassell/Marko Jaric trade
But often times, if you own the rights to another first round pick while owing your own to another team, as soon as you get the other team's first round pick, you often have to give up your own pick to the team that it's owed to. Basically, once Minnesota gets Miami's first round pick, they'll have to give up their own first round pick to the Clippers during the same draft.

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^
sportskid_021

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^
im not saying ur wrong or anything but could i get an example of the above?

Hass4Prez8

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you do any studying??????

The Blazers have LaMarcus Aldridge, Channing Frye, Greg Oden, Joel Pryzbilla, and Josh McRoberts. What makes you think they need another PF?
The biggest need is a point guard. We have point guards that are all good at one thing, but we need one that is good at all, defense/passing/scoring.

Give the Blazers D.J Augustin, Darren Collison, Russell Westbrook, or Ty Lawson...or if were lucky, Derrick Rose.

#12th Man
bkobow05

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hass4Prez8 wrote:

The Blazers have LaMarcus Aldridge, Channing Frye, Greg Oden, Joel Pryzbilla, and Josh McRoberts. What makes you think they need another PF?
The biggest need is a point guard. We have point guards that are all good at one thing, but we need one that is good at all, defense/passing/scoring.

Give the Blazers D.J Augustin, Darren Collison, Russell Westbrook, or Ty Lawson...or if were lucky, Derrick Rose.

It's called BPA my friend. And by the way, you listed Power Forwards and Centers. Anthony Randolph translates to Small Forward in the NBA? Did you study?

I have Westbrook gone, Collison and Lawson not declaring and Augustin falling. I'm not going to reach because Portland fans think they know what's best for their team and how to draft. You take BPA when it comes to the fact that their isn't a PG worth taking at 13.

I explained things earlier in this thread but you obviously didn't read into it...

#JDI
Hass4Prez8

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
Hass4Prez8 wrote:

It's called BPA my friend. And by the way, you listed Power Forwards and Centers. Anthony Randolph translates to Small Forward in the NBA? Did you study?

I have Westbrook gone, Collison and Lawson not declaring and Augustin falling. I'm not going to reach because Portland fans think they know what's best for their team and how to draft. You take BPA when it comes to the fact that their isn't a PG worth taking at 13.

I explained things earlier in this thread but you obviously didn't read into it...

So now Anthony Randolph is a 6'10 small foward! Wow, you are a idiot. Even if he translated to a small foward, tell me where he would fit in with Travis Outlaw, Martell Webster, and Rudy Fernandez? Huh? Huh? Where? You do not go big man BPA if you have 5 big men on your roster. And Portland fans knowing how to draft? Sorry that even Kevin Pritchard, THE BLAZERS GM, said PG is our biggest need. We will go PG in this draft, Augustin or Collison, you know they will both be in the draft and available.

#12th Man
bkobow05

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hass4Prez8 wrote:
So now Anthony Randolph is a 6'10 small foward! Wow, you are a idiot. Even if he translated to a small foward, tell me where he would fit in with Travis Outlaw, Martell Webster, and Rudy Fernandez? Huh? Huh? Where? You do not go big man BPA if you have 5 big men on your roster. And Portland fans knowing how to draft? Sorry that even Kevin Pritchard, THE BLAZERS GM, said PG is our biggest need. We will go PG in this draft, Augustin or Collison, you know they will both be in the draft and available.

First off, ease up on the personal attacks and secondly take a look at these puppies. Note the position...

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Anthony-Randolph-1069/

and

http://www.nbadraft.net/admincp/profiles/anthonyrandolph.html

Now, tell me what his "position" says.

Call me an idiot again.

I'll put money on it that the Blazers either trade back or go BPA and Anthony Randolph is the BPA in this draft. I dont do trades in my mocks and i dont reach either. Simple as that, get over it.

#JDI
Hass4Prez8

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthony Randolph will not be a Blazer next season, so get over your obsession with that.....

Just give us a PG, its that easy. Augustin is not a reach at all, he will be a great pro.

#12th Man
Hass4Prez8

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DerrickJohnson#11 wrote:
Sonics are going to be nasty in a few years with that draft...

Beasley
Durant
Green
Augustin

All potential all stars....

I like the Wolves pick just because I am not a fan of Lopez. If we draft OJ Mayo I would like for the Wolves to trade McCants for a future first rounder or a first rounder this year.

He thinks he will be too....

#12th Man
bkobow05

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hass,

what I'm saying is that at 13 the Blazers will not reach and take DJ Augustin. I'm saying they'll trade back to get him. He's not worth the 13th overall pick.

also,

I'm trying to get it through your thick head that I don't care who the Blazers take. I'm clearly stating that I don't do trades in my draft, therefore I went with the BPA and Anthony Randolph just happens to be it.

Call me an idiot again. At least I can read.

#JDI

Last edited by bkobow05 on Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
bkobow05

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And even if I wanted to reach with Augustin, I would have given him to the Pacers at 11 because they'd take him before Portland. And if you can read I clearly have Collison staying in school. So now what? Who does Portland take?

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: