Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Hobbit (December 2012)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: The Hobbit (December 2012) Reply with quote

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0903624/

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117986200.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

According to the link above, Variety is reporting that pre-production is officially under way for The Hobbit film set to come out in 2010.

Quote:
Pre-production is about to get under way on the two-part "Hobbit." Fran Walsh and Philippa Boyens are expected to pen the scripts under the direction of Peter Jackson and del Toro. Preliminary contact has already been made with at least three actors whose "Lord of the Rings" characters also appear in the "Hobbit" storyline: Viggo Mortensen (Aragorn), Ian McKellen (Gandalf) and Andy Serkis (Gollum).

"We will all be involved in the script in some fashion but the exact definition is about a week away, " said del Toro. "I am all for keeping the actors who originated the parts, as much as availability and their willingness will allow."

I think we can pretty much say that del Toro's take on The Hobbit will be amazing, I just can't to actually hear some casting news. I wonder who they get for Bilbo Baggins.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:

Last edited by Jetsfandan423 on Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Wilsonhurtsu

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope this turns out to be a good one like the LotR films were. I am glad to hear that Serkis and McKellen might be coming back but why Viggo? He is a great actor but is he going to play another role or something?

They have cast a lot of great actors for the LotR films, many good actors that were perfect fits for their characters. Hopefully they can get a good actor for Bilbo.
patsdynasty85

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait for this film.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilsonhurtsu wrote:
I really hope this turns out to be a good one like the LotR films were. I am glad to hear that Serkis and McKellen might be coming back but why Viggo? He is a great actor but is he going to play another role or something?

They have cast a lot of great actors for the LotR films, many good actors that were perfect fits for their characters. Hopefully they can get a good actor for Bilbo.

I can't see McKellen and Serkis not coming back. McKellen previously said he would only come back if Jackson was back. Even though Jackson isn't directing, he is still producing and del Toro is a close friend of Jackson who will do the movie justice. I believe both of them will definitely be back.

No idea why they want Viggo back. Aragorn wasn't in The Hobbit. However, maybe they are looking to have Viggo in the movie that they are supposed to do after The Hobbit, which takes place between Hobbit and the Fellowship of the Ring.

RBrown86

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved the book, hope the movie is good.

^Thanks to McNabbNo5 for the sig, Phire for the avy
Barnett56

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say I am too excited about The Hobbit. I can't stand Bilbo, I don't really like any of the Dwarves, and Gandalf isn't in the movie too much. I am really looking forward to the in-between film joining the gaps between The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings, though.
The Gnat

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the inbetween gap is why they might get Viggo back, create some material where he can show up again for a little bit. I would doubt he would show up on the The Hobbit at all though, as he already has a defined roll in the series.

THE DUKE

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they really are doing an in between film, then I could see them throwing a cameo appearance by Aragorn in the Hobbit even though it is not in the book.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
quilly

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was pretty sure McKellen was fist signed on to come back as gandalf ! so i'm pretty sure he's in already. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure this movie will be great. I mean peter jackson's directing it..I'm sure it'll have the LOTR feel, but with better animation (since it's been about 7 years since they filmed LOTR)
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pig_Skins84 wrote:
I'm sure this movie will be great. I mean peter jackson's directing it..I'm sure it'll have the LOTR feel, but with better animation (since it's been about 7 years since they filmed LOTR)

Peter Jackson isn't directing, just producing. Guillermo Del Toro is directing, and frankly, i think he'll do a better job than Jackson would have.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.wetanz.com/holics/index.php?itemid=695&catid=2#more

Hey guys, an interesting read. Here is a script of a web chat Weta did online with both Peter Jackson and Guillermo del Toro. Both guys answered questions about The Hobbit and F2 (film 2 as the second movie is currently being called). A lot of things asked couldn't be answered until the scripts were done, but look for December 2011 to be the release date of The Hobbit, while F2 gets released a year later because they are filming both movies back to back.

Iggles

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

del Toro + The Hobbit = a recipe for success in my book

As long as Jackson doesn't screw it up by making the movie five hours long, the film has a ton of potential. I just hope they don't do a bunch of cameos and stick to the plot.
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't really like the book that much. The trilogy was eons better. I won't say I am excited for the movie, but I will probably see it in theatres. I just never really liked any of the characters.

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iggles wrote:
del Toro + The Hobbit = a recipe for success in my book

As long as Jackson doesn't screw it up by making the movie five hours long, the film has a ton of potential. I just hope they don't do a bunch of cameos and stick to the plot.

Hey I want it to be 5 hours long, those movies are awesome, it'd be like a 5 hour orgasm!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: