Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Saints "Anything Goes" Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 54, 55, 56  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wooten72

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrownBaggin wrote:
That's just bad news, man. I was a huge fan of Indy as a kid... I was thinking about going to see it sometime this week.
Don't waste your money because i heard it was soooooo bad that you may need to take your Brown Bag to avoid the humiliation of people knowing you PAID to see it LOL...........
BrownBaggin

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wooten72 wrote:
BrownBaggin wrote:
That's just bad news, man. I was a huge fan of Indy as a kid... I was thinking about going to see it sometime this week.
Don't waste your money because i heard it was soooooo bad that you may need to take your Brown Bag to avoid the humiliation of people knowing you PAID to see it LOL...........

I will tell you what movie is insanely funny, though - Have ya'll seen "Walk Hard - the Dewey Cox Story?" That movie had me rolling... a lot of people didn't like it but I thought I was about to die.

Maybe that had something to do with beer that I was sipping on throughout the movie. Either way, that was so stupid of a movie it was brilliant - definitely a lot of Middle School humor.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrownBaggin wrote:
I will tell you what movie is insanely funny, though - Have ya'll seen "Walk Hard - the Dewey Cox Story?" That movie had me rolling... a lot of people didn't like it but I thought I was about to die.

Maybe that had something to do with beer that I was sipping on throughout the movie. Either way, that was so stupid of a movie it was brilliant - definitely a lot of Middle School humor.
I haven't seen it but alot of people have told me it was really good.
EAsports5

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deeneaus wrote:
EAsports5 wrote:
Deeneaus wrote:
BrownBaggin wrote:

Remember: Mrs. BrownBaggin' is a lot more fiery than Mr. BrownBaggin'... and in times like these, one must proceed in extreme caution.

If she is like you, she will cite a stat book that highlights the probability of you two being divorced in three years! I'm messing man, congrats!

I must say, though, she probably will want a break from you after the honeymoon. I'll probably head to Milsaps too. Have a bunch of friends there, and I'll be at Ole Miss next year.

Dont do it man. I spent my freshman year at Ole Miss, the only cool thing about it was getting to watch Eli play his senior season. That school is beyond wack.

Yeah, I'll be in the Croft Institute though. I'm still in the process of deciding between Columbia, Georgetown, Cornell and Ole Miss...Ole Miss will allow me to do what I need to do, and the others won't. Prestige vs. Accolade, basically Sad.

What did you not like?

Columbia, Georgetown, and Cornell are on your list and you are actually considering going to Ole Miss?!?! Shocked
Im going to do everything in my power to try to get accepted to Columbia next year after I finish my masters, I love that school.
Well I really dont know where to begin with all the things I hate about Ole Miss but.... the superficiality of the student body is through the roof, its 90% greek and everyone is completely cool with paying for friends, the town is insanely small and in the middle of nowhere which leaves you with nothing to do, I personally encountered some racism while I was there, and academically not only can it not hold the pocket protector of those other three schools you listed but I havent seen it sniff at a top 100 university list in my life. I went there and transferred as soon as possible which was one of the best decisions I ever made in my life.

steelcurtain29 wrote:

Harvin turns into Reggie Bush 2.0.... sucks in the NFL, godly in Madden 2010
EAsports5

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gator_Saint28 wrote:
Raves I will be proud as an American to have a Saints fan keeping our freedom for us. Proud to have you over there man.

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

New topic if anyone wishes to join in on. Now dont judge me for this but I am voting for Obama. And can we say this in here or does it have to do with politics so we cant?

I would only judge you if you were voting for someone else Wink
If I could vote a million times for him, I would.

steelcurtain29 wrote:

Harvin turns into Reggie Bush 2.0.... sucks in the NFL, godly in Madden 2010
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EAsports5 wrote:
Gator_Saint28 wrote:
Raves I will be proud as an American to have a Saints fan keeping our freedom for us. Proud to have you over there man.

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS

New topic if anyone wishes to join in on. Edited by NSF And can we say this in here or does it have to do with politics so we cant?

I would only judge you if you were voting for someone else Wink
If I could vote a million times for him, I would.

No poilitical talk. AT ALL. It ends with that last post and no further, or the thread will be locked on the spot. Webby is very strict on that and I believe you all know it.

Adopt-A-Saint:
Kenny Vaccaro 45 Tkls 4 PD 1 SCK 2 INTs
Ben Watson 9 Rec 64 Yds
Deeneaus

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EAsports5 wrote:
Columbia, Georgetown, and Cornell are on your list and you are actually considering going to Ole Miss?!?! Shocked
Im going to do everything in my power to try to get accepted to Columbia next year after I finish my masters, I love that school.
Well I really dont know where to begin with all the things I hate about Ole Miss but.... the superficiality of the student body is through the roof, its 90% greek and everyone is completely cool with paying for friends, the town is insanely small and in the middle of nowhere which leaves you with nothing to do, I personally encountered some racism while I was there, and academically not only can it not hold the pocket protector of those other three schools you listed but I havent seen it sniff at a top 100 university list in my life. I went there and transferred as soon as possible which was one of the best decisions I ever made in my life.

Well, the Croft Institute is one of the best International Studies programs in the nation. The Honors College is top 3. I don't really need any other classes as I already have my basics. In the long run, Ole Miss is probably the better choice because I can double major, they're paying for my study abroad and I'm sorta kinda committed to them through my Fellowship. I don't know. All of the professionals that I've talked to say go to Ole Miss...even the ones in NY and D.C. lol.

Everything you said about the culture of Ole Miss is true though. I've never experienced it, but I know it's there. I'm sure I'll get the whole racism aspect too (I'm black) but I've gotten that all over the world lol. I haven't yet decided for sure what I will do, but thanks for your insight mate.
BrownBaggin

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew that Obama endorsement conversation was going to get blocked...

So let's say this, as a happy compromise-

Obama, McCain & Hillary aside... If you could vote for any celebrity and/or sports figure to run this country, who would it be?

The Saints fan in me would vote for a Payton/Mora ticket. Can you imagine the trick attacks that President Payton would run during the War on Terror?!

But I don't think President Payton would handle the media press conferences, because he'd have Vice President Jim Mora to deal with those for him. Can you imagine it....

Quote:
"Standoff?! What's that? Uh -- Standoff?!? Don't talk about -- standoffs! You kidding me? Standoffs? I don't want to have a standoff with a terrorist! I just hope we can win a war!"

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread will be in the lock box real quick. I expect this to be locked next time I log on or i'll make sure of it myself Twisted Evil.

Just kidding. Laughing
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is allowable, along as we stay away from the actual politics.

I imagine Denny Green, Secretary of Homeland Security. Can't you imagine the interview?

Reporter: Mr. Green, what can you tell me about the terrorists that were caught last week trying to infiltrate the Pro Bowl game?

Green: THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE!

Reporter: What happened after they were spotted, sir?

Green: WE LET THEM OFF THE HOOK!

Adopt-A-Saint:
Kenny Vaccaro 45 Tkls 4 PD 1 SCK 2 INTs
Ben Watson 9 Rec 64 Yds
saintsdynasty

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dewey Cox is a good movie... but it's a lot of dumb humor.

For example:

Quote:
Sam: [after Dewey accidentally barges in a room filled with smoke and groupies]
[coughs]
Sam: Get outta here, Dewey!
Dewey Cox: What are y'all doin' in here?
Sam: We're smoking reefer and you don't want no part of this [inappropriate/removed].
Dewey Cox: You're smoking *reefers*?
Sam: Yeah, 'course we are; can't you smell it?
Dewey Cox: No, Sam. I can't.
Girl Groupie: Come on, Dewey! Join the party!
[takes a hit off a joint]
Sam: No, Dewey, you don't want this. Get outta here!
Dewey Cox: You know what, I don't want no hangover. I can't get no hangover.
Sam: It doesn't give you a hangover!
Dewey Cox: Wha-I get addicted to it or something?
Sam: It's not habit-forming!
Dewey Cox: Oh, okay... well, I don't know... I don't want to overdose on it.
Sam: You can't OD on it!
Dewey Cox: It's not gonna make me wanna have sex, is it?
Sam: It makes sex even better!
Dewey Cox: Sounds kind of expensive.
Sam: It's the cheapest drug there is.
Dewey Cox: [at a loss and out of excuses] Hmm.
Sam: You don't want it!
Dewey Cox: I think I kinda want it.
Sam: Okay, but just this once. Come on in.

That was a great part.

On another note, have you guys seen Boston Legal? I definitely would have Denny Crane (William Shatner) and Alan Shore (James Spader) as my president and vice president. That show is amazing. *Note: They have to be in character for the show.[/quote]

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
this is allowable, along as we stay away from the actual politics.

I imagine Denny Green, Secretary of Homeland Security. Can't you imagine the interview?

Reporter: Mr. Green, what can you tell me about the terrorists that were caught last week trying to infiltrate the Pro Bowl game?

Green: THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE!

Reporter: What happened after they were spotted, sir?

Green: WE LET THEM OFF THE HOOK!

HAHA - Hilarious! There's nothing better than a Head Coach post-game rant. My two personal favorite rants both come from Jim Mora while he was with the Saints. You remember his "Diddley Poo" rant?

Quote:
Well, what happened was, that second game, we got our a** kicked. In the second half, we just got our a** totally kicked. We couldnít do diddley poo offensively, we couldnít make a first down, we couldnít run the ball, we didnít try to run the ball, we couldnít complete a pass - we sucked. The second half, we sucked. We couldn't stop the run. Every time they got the ball, they went down and got points. We got our a** totally kicked in the second half - that's what it boiled down to. It was a horsesh*t performance in the second half. Horsesh*t. Iím totally embarrassed and totally ashamed. Coaching did a horrible job. The players did a horrible job. We got our a** kicked in that second half. It sucked. It stunk.

...that might be the most honest Game summary by any coach ever. I love that one.

But let's not forget his "Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda" rant...

Quote:
"The Saints ain't good enough. We're close, and close don't mean sh*t. I'm tired of coming close. I'm pissed off right now. You bet your a** I am. I'm sick of coulda, woulda, shoulda, coming close, if only."

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saintsdynasty wrote:
Dewey Cox is a good movie... but it's a lot of dumb humor.

For example:

Quote:
Sam: [after Dewey accidentally barges in a room filled with smoke and groupies]
[coughs]
Sam: Get outta here, Dewey!
Dewey Cox: What are y'all doin' in here?
Sam: We're smoking reefer and you don't want no part of this -.
Dewey Cox: You're smoking *reefers*?
Sam: Yeah, 'course we are; can't you smell it?
Dewey Cox: No, Sam. I can't.
Girl Groupie: Come on, Dewey! Join the party!
[takes a hit off a joint]
Sam: No, Dewey, you don't want this. Get outta here!
Dewey Cox: You know what, I don't want no hangover. I can't get no hangover.
Sam: It doesn't give you a hangover!
Dewey Cox: Wha-I get addicted to it or something?
Sam: It's not habit-forming!
Dewey Cox: Oh, okay... well, I don't know... I don't want to overdose on it.
Sam: You can't OD on it!
Dewey Cox: It's not gonna make me wanna have sex, is it?
Sam: It makes sex even better!
Dewey Cox: Sounds kind of expensive.
Sam: It's the cheapest drug there is.
Dewey Cox: [at a loss and out of excuses] Hmm.
Sam: You don't want it!
Dewey Cox: I think I kinda want it.
Sam: Okay, but just this once. Come on in.

That was a great part.

My personal favorite was when his band members were listing all the bad things that he's done to them and ways that he's taken them for granted and Sam just kept saying "And never once did you pay for drugs"

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my favorite Coaching rant:

Quote:
Larry Bird is not walking through that door, fans. Kevin McHale is not walking through that door, and Robert Parish is not walking through that door. And if you expect them to walk through that door, they're going to be gray and old. What we are is young, exciting, hard-working, and we're going to improve. People don't realize that, and as soon as they realize those three guys are not coming through that door, the better this town will be for all of us because there are young guys in that (locker) room playing their asses off. I wish we had $90 million under the salary cap. I wish we could buy the world. We can't; the only thing we can do is work hard, and all the negativity that's in this town sucks. I've been around when Jim Rice was booed. I've been around when (Carl) Yastrzemski was booed. And it stinks. It makes the greatest town, greatest city in the world, lousy. The only thing that will turn this around is being upbeat and positive like we are in that locker room... and if you think I'm going to succumb to negativity, you're wrong. You've got the wrong guy leading this team.

Signed, Rick Pitino

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrownBaggin wrote:
My personal favorite was when his band members were listing all the bad things that he's done to them and ways that he's taken them for granted and Sam just kept saying "And never once did you pay for drugs"

Lol ya, that was a great part. Maybe we should Sticky this thread?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 3 of 56

Jump to: