Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Training Camp updates

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Canadian Saint

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:18 pm    Post subject: Training Camp updates Reply with quote

The awkward moment when we've had a week or so of TC, and FF Saints hasn't had a thread up.

Here is what you've missed:

- Brandin Cooks has been amazing. He has burned every single DB on this team at least. Today he beat Lewis. And it's not just one sort of play he's been beasting on. Back shoulder passes, bubble screens, he's been able to make plays on every single type of play. Not only that, but to date, he hasn't dropped a pass. Of course DBs haven't jammed him at the line and stuff, but still quite impressive. Him and Brees already have chemistry. 1000 yard season isn't out of the question in my opinion.

- Apart from Cooks, our WRs are looking good. Toon looks to have taken the next step in his development. Running good routes, not dropping anything, shielding himself and the ball. Looks to be primed to take the #4 WR spot. Graham and Colston are themselves. Colston is reliable and looks finally healthy. Looks like himself. Graham is still an all-pro. Stills has been banged up with a quad injury. Sentavious Jones has made a couple of nice grabs. Coleman looks good, but has mental misfires too often. Drops easy catches.

- O-line loos different. Armstead looks fantastic at LT. Has a nasty streak and some ridiculous athleticism. Has held his own vs. Cam Jordan and Junior Gallette. Lelito and Goodwin are rotating at C, both have looked good and better than DLP. Grubbs has been banged up. Evans and Hicks have had some battles and both have looked pretty good. Strief looks like Strief. The others haven't realy stood out.

- Khiry and Ingram both look good. Ingram has caught everything thrown his way and Khiry is finding holes everywhere. Our running game should be much improved this season.

- The secondary is ridiculous. Lewis is Lewis, and our island who can lock down one side of the field. After that? Robinson has looked good, finally picked of Brees after a bunch of near picks. Same with Bailey. Both have had good coverage throughout and not beaten on silly mistakes. White has been moved to S and had a bunch of PBUs. Bush and Vaccaro are still punishing players, whilst showing good coverage. Byrd hasn't practiced a whole lot but he's looked fluid in drills. Pierre Warren looks the best of the rest. Made some really nice plays consistently and might steal a roster spot. SJB is a physical freak, and once he gets a good jam in, disrupts the WR quite a bit. Still needs developing but looks good.

- Our D-line is scary. Holy moly. Cam Jordan and Akiem Hicks are going to obliterate any sub-par O-line. Hicks looks so much like Holati Ngata to me it's ridiculous. He's gonna break out. Glenn Foster has been getting penetration consistently in camp. Jenkins has been banged up and eased in.

- LB's, truth be told I haven't heard much about our LBs minus Lofton and Galette. Lofton sounds decent enough and a leader. Galette looks ridiculous. Insane first step and constantly beating guys off the rush. Look for another 10+ sack season from him. No one else has really stood out.

- Rob Ryan swears like it's his job.

Overall, this team looks ridiculous. We could be seeing a 13+ win team here. Very well rounded and not many holes. Really excited for the season to start.

NFL: New Orleans Saints
NHL: Edmonton Oilers
MLB: Minnesota Twins/ Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Phoenix Suns/Toronto Raptors
domepatrol91

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

--I've heard Bailey has looked bad outside a strip and recovery of Lorig... One writer said it wouldn't be shocking if he got cut. I don't see it going that far, but it doesn't sound like he'll be our #2. Sounds like that job is going to Robinson.

-- It's about time they moved White to safety. Anyone who reads my posts knows I've been calling for this since we drafted him. You don't take a guy who closes that fast and hits that hard and force him to play in a small area. Give him room to roam and give him the space needed to get his speed up and he'll lay the wood and create fumbles.

-- Cooks is looking better than Rams fans wanted Austin to look. He looks faster than his 4.33 speed. Like you said, he's doing everything and catching everything.

-- Brandon Coleman is the heir-apparent to Colston. 6' 6" and 220lbs. If he doesn't make the final roster, he'll be stashed on the PS or IR with an "ankle injury"

-- I think Lelito is barely winning out... Wouldn't be surprised to see them split time so Lelito can slide over to guard when Grubbs or Evans needs a breather.

-- Khiry looks mean... He looks like he runs just as hard as Ivory. Time will tell if he has the talent to match.

-- Haralson seems to be getting more snaps than Butler, although that matters little because Butler is a pass rusher and Haralson is a run stopper. Their roles are very different even though their position is the same.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great. Would rather hear good things than bad things in camp but I just hope they can be this amazing when the season comes. Sounds too good to be true right now. Pray

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: