Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Introduction Thread [Non-Ravens Fans: Feel Free to Sign]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: The Introduction Thread [Non-Ravens Fans: Feel Free to Sign] Reply with quote

It's been a while since most people did an introduction, so let's get some updates.

Username:

Favorite Sport:

Favorite Teams:

Favorite Player(Current):

Favorite Player(All time):

Blondes, Brunettes, or Redheads?

Favorite Movie:

Favorite TV Shows:

Favorite Books:

Favorite Meal:

Favorite Bands:

School Level/Job:

Your Dream Dinner(5 people, dead or alive, you want to meet):

5 Words to Describe You:

Ravens Fan Background:

Favorite Past Raven:

Favorite Current Raven:

Favorite Past Non-Raven

Anything Else You Want to Share:
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.

Last edited by BaltimoreTerp on Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Username: BaltimoreTerp

Favorite Sport: Tennis

Favorite Teams: Baltimore Ravens, Baltimore Orioles, Arsenal FC, Dutch National Soccer Team, USMNT, Washington Capitals

Favorite Player(Current): Cesc Fabregas

Favorite Player(All time): Ray Lewis and Cal Ripken Jr. [Tie]

Blondes, Brunettes, or Redheads? Brunettes

Favorite Movie: The Lion King

Favorite TV Shows: The West Wing, Skins, The Office, Heroes, LOST, 30 Rock, Supernatural, The Daily Show, Arrested Development, Frisky Dingo, Meet the Press [RIP Tim Russert], Roswell, Freaks and Geeks

Favorite Books: The Namesake, The Great Gatsby, Netherland, Harry Potter, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, Nixonland, Dreams From My Father, Amsterdam, The Political Brain, Hamlet, The World is Flat, Interpreter of Maladies, A Problem from Hell, Ragtime, Saturday, Midnight's Children

Favorite Meal: Filet mignon [medium rare], corn on the cob, and crab cakes

Favorite Bands: Bright Eyes, Iron and Wine, Queen, RHCP, The Black Keys, Mika, Scissor Sisters, Matt Nathanson, Radiohead, Coldplay, U2, The Shins, The Beatles... the list goes on and on

School Level/Job: Going to be in the Class of 2012 at Hamilton College

Your Dream Dinner(5 people, dead or alive, you want to meet): Andrew Jackson, Thomas Friedman, Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Gore Vidal, and Samantha Power

5 Words to Describe You: Opinionated, Intellectual, Awkward, Skinny, Curious

Raven Fan Background: My dad was a Redskins fan until they hired Norv Turner when he basically gave up his Redskins fan-ship. So I was a Ravens fan from the age of 6 when Modell brought the team to Baltimore and on.

Favorite Past Raven: Peter Boulware, Jonathan Ogden, Priest Holmes

Favorite Current Ravens: Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, Antwan Barnes, Demetrius Williams

Favorite Past Non-Raven: Barry Sanders, Warren Sapp, Darrell Green

Anything Else You Want to Share: I am hoping to double-major at Hamilton in political science and economics and would like to work in journalism after that.
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.
dcarey20

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Username: dcarey20

Favorite Sport: Basketball to play, football to watch/root for.

Favorite Teams: Baltimore Ravens, Maryland Terrapins, Baltimore Orioles, Washington Wizards, Washington Capitals

Favorite Player(Current): Willis McGahee

Favorite Player(All time): Ray Lewis

Blondes, Brunettes, or Redheads? Blondes

Favorite Movie: Harry Potter series, American Gangster

Favorite TV Shows: King of the Hill, Sportscenter, Nip Tuck, South Park, Family Guy, King of Queens, Scrubs, any sporting events.

Favorite Books: Don't read too much anymore, but when I was younger, Harry Potter.

Favorite Meal: Maryland crabs

Favorite Bands: The Eagles would be my favorite as far as bands go. As far as music in general, Lupe Fiasco and Talib Kweli are probably my two favorite artists right now.

School Level/Job: Student

Your Dream Dinner (5 people, dead or alive, you want to meet): Frank Lucas, LeBron James, George W. Bush, Cal Ripken Jr., Ray Lewis

Ravens Fan Background: Live in the Baltimore region, have always been a huge sports fan, have loved the Ravens ever since I followed football.

Favorite Past Raven: Qadry Ismail

Favorite Current Raven: Willis McGahee

Favorite Past Non-Raven: Johnny U

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: The Introduction Thread [Non-Ravens Fans: Feel Free to S Reply with quote

Username: GaTechRavens

Favorite Sport: Football

Favorite Teams: Baltimore Ravens, Baltimore Orioles, Tennessee Football/Basketball, Georgia Tech Football/Basketball

Favorite Player(Current): Ray Lewis

Blondes, Brunettes, or Redheads?: Brunettes

Favorite Movie: Couldn't tell you

Favorite TV Shows: 24, South Park, The Office, America's Game (if it counts)

Favorite Books: 1984

Favorite Meal: A true Maryland crabcake. I miss them so much.

Favorite Bands: Pink Floyd, The Who, Pearl Jam

School Level/Job: High School Senior

Your Dream Dinner(5 people, dead or alive, you want to meet): Ben Franklin, Albert Einstein, Lee Harvey Oswald, Richard Nixon, Johnny Unitas

5 Words to Describe You: Will ignore wife for football

Ravens Fan Background: Truly got into football at age 7 (1998), when I truly became a die hard Ravens fan. I actually liked Indy a bit for some reason when I was four, then cared somewhat about John Elway and the Broncos in '96 and '97. I should have hated myself for that, as any good Baltimore fan would have.

Since 1998, I have maintained my passion for the Ravens and have steadily grown in football knowledge. I'm moving to Madison, Wisconsin in the summer so I can't wait to deal with Green Bay fans.

Favorite Past Raven: Peter Boulware

Favorite Current Raven: Ray Lewis

Favorite Past Non-Raven: Johnny Unitas

Anything Else You Want to Share: I am a sophomore journalism student at the University of Tennessee (as of 2011). My username, obviously, is gloriously outdated. Rocky Top is the best song ever made and if you don't like hearing it blared in your face every five seconds then too bad, deal with it.

Last edited by GaTechRavens on Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:30 am; edited 9 times in total
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Username: DontTazeMeBro

Favorite Teams: Baltimore Ravens, Orlando Magic, Virginia Cavaliers

Favorite Player(Current): Joe Flacco

Blondes, Brunettes, or Redheads? Blondes

Favorite Movies: KickAss, Bad Santa, No Country For Old Men, Gladiator, Training Day, Talladega Nights, Warrior, Friday Night Lights

Favorite TV Shows: The Wire, Dexter, LOST, The Sopranos, How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, King of the Hill, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Rescue Me, Burn Notice, Young and the Restless

Favorite Books: Don't read books

Favorite Meal: Tacos using El Paso Taco Kit

Favorite Bands: Young Jeezy, The Game, T.I., Eminem, Fabolous, Yo Gotti, 211, Alley Boy, System of A Down, Foo Fighters, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Fleetwood Mac, Staind, Lil Wayne, Kanye West, Jay-Z, Marilyn Manson

School Level/Job: High School Graduate

Your Dream Dinner(5 people, dead or alive, you want to meet): Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Joe Flacco, Terrell Suggs, Tony Siragusa

5 Words to Describe You: Ravens, Ravens, Ravens, Ravens, Ravens

Ravens Fan Background: Grew up in Virginia. Went to my first Ravens game in 1999 against the Titans. Moved to Florida in 2001 and got the NFL Sunday Ticket to keep watching them. Went to the game against the Dolphins in Miami in 2003.

Favorite Past Raven: Ray Lewis

Favorite Current Raven: Joe Flacco

Favorite Past Non-Raven Randy Moss

Last edited by DontTazeMeBro on Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:52 pm; edited 14 times in total
DanFS#7

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Username: DanFS#7

Favorite Sport: Football, handball

Favorite Teams: Baltimore Ravens, Amager Demons

Favorite Player(Current): Cory Ross, Maurice Jones Drew, Darren Sproles, Dan Andersen.

Favorite Player(All time): Chris McAlister

Blondes, Brunettes, or Redheads? Redheads with curly hair

Favorite Books: The Wizard from the Earthsea, some communications handbooks

Favorite Meal: Bacon, Bacon, Meat in general

Favorite Bands:
Smashing Pumpkins, Dave Matthews Band, Silverchair, Manowar, Metallica, Ironmaiden, EURODANCE!!! FTW

School Level/Job:
Writing my master in business and communication till september. Writing short articles from a danish magazine which is almost the equivalent to the danish Wall Street Journal.

5 Words to Describe You: Short, rationel, easy going, short, a stand up guy

Ravens Fan Background:
I like defense, I play defense, and the first time I watched us play in all black, I was sold on this team.

Favorite Past Raven: Deion Sanders

Favorite Current Raven: Chris McAlister, Cory Ross

Anything Else You Want to Share: Started out as an undersized runningback (56 160 lbs), then became a RB/WR till I busted my shoulder (pretty much tore everything, rotator cuff and the supraspinatus). Moved to the capital of Denmark and joined a new club and started out at cornerback, but ended up playing safety and now also outside linebacker. Was voted player of the year in 2007 and is still friggin proud about it.

Work as a cook sometimes, and make chef Ramsay looks like the sweetest guy on earth.

Last edited by DanFS#7 on Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
RayReed2052

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Username: RayReed2052

Favorite Teams: Baltimore Ravens, Baltimore Orioles, Maryland Terps, Los Angeles Lakers

Favorite Player(All time): Ray Lewis and Johnny Unitas

Favorite Movie: The Shawshank Redemption

Favorite TV Shows: South Park, House, The Simpsons, The Office, NFL Total Access

Favorite Books: Dont read much but anything by John Swartzwelder i.e. The Time Machine Did It

Favorite Meal: Spaghetti with Mushroomsand Peppers

Favorite Bands: Sublime, Cake, Bob Marley, The Beastie Boys, Led Zeppelin, Ziggy Marley, Ben Harper, King Tubby, 2Pac, Bob Dylan, Queen, Ballyhoo!.

School Level/Job: Junior at Winters Mill High School in Westminster.

Your Dream Dinner(5 people, dead or alive, you want to meet): Jesus, Johnny Unitas, Brad Nowell, Quentin Tarantino, Trey Parker and Matt Stone (They count as one).

5 Words to Describe You: Funny, Caring, Lively, Intelligent, Outspoken

Raven Fan Background: I started watching football in about 2002 and chose to root for my home town team.

Favorite Past Ravens: Jonathon Ogden, Peter Boulware, Shannon Sharpe

Favorite Current Ravens: Ray Lewis, Haloti Ngata, Willis McGahee, Ed Reed

Favorite Past Non-Ravens: Johnny Unitas, Brett Favre, Gale Sayers, Lenny Moore, Gino Marchetti

Anything Else You Want to Share: I hope to attend Univeristy of Maryland and major in Broadcast Journalism.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: The Introduction Thread [Non-Ravens Fans: Feel Free to S Reply with quote

Username: Integrity

Favorite Teams: Ravens, Orioles, Terps

Blondes, Brunettes, or Redheads? Definitely Blondes

Favorite Movie: Aliens

Favorite TV Shows: Breaking Bad, Dexter, The Walking Dead

Favorite Books: Unintended Consequences by John Ross

Favorite Meal: Steak and Mashed Potatoes

Favorite Bands: Linkin Park

School Level/Job: Some College, Military / BioMed Engineering

Ravens Fan Background: Was a fan ever since the move. I remember meeting guys like Bam Morris, Micheal Jackson, and Derrick Alexander.

Favorite Past Raven: Micheal McCrary

Favorite Current Raven: Terrell Suggs

Favorite Past Non-Raven Reggie White

Last edited by Integrity on Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
jt2909

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Username: jt2909

Favorite Sport: Football and Lacrosse

Favorite Teams: Ravens, Liverpool FC, Ohio State Football, University of Maryland

Favorite Player(Current): Ed Reed

Favorite Player(All time): Jerry Rice/Steve Young

Favorite Movie: Harry Potters, Godfather I & II, Hero, A Bronx Tale, Braveheart, Gladiator, Happy Gilmore, Billy Madison, Baseketball, Good Will Hunting, Don't Be a Menace, Dazed and Confused, How High

Favorite TV Shows: Fresh Prince, Daily Show, Colbert Report, Sportscenter, Friday Night Lights, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Scrubs

Favorite Books: Way of the Peaceful Warrior, Harry Potters, Angels and Demons, The Celestine Prophecy

Favorite Meal: Chicken Parm w/ Pasta, MD Crabcakes, Baby Back Ribs

Favorite Bands: NaS, Biggie, Jay-Z, James Taylor, Billy Joel, Bob Seger, Bob Marley, Van Morrison, Atmosphere

School Level/Job: Rising Senior in college, Teacher/tutor in Baltimore City

Your Dream Dinner(5 people, dead or alive, you want to meet): My Grandpa Ned, Socrates, Socrates (character from Way of the Peaceful Warrior), Albus Dumbledore, His Holiness the Dalai Lama

5 Words to Describe You: loyal, laid-back, messy, outgoing, friendly

Ravens Fan Background: casual fan until my dad started getting tickets in 99 - saw us spank the Titans that year, and a few games the Superbowl season. really became a huge fan in the 2001 season when I got to see a bunch of games, and have been a big-time fan ever since.

Favorite Past Raven: Jamal Lewis

Favorite Current Raven: Ed Reed

Favorite Past Non-Raven: Jerry Rice/Steve Young/Deion

Anything Else You Want to Share:
KingKobe08

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Username: KingKobe08

Favorite Teams: Ravens, Lakers

Favorite Player(Current): Kobe Bryant

Favorite Player(All time): Primetime

Favorite Movie: Mighty Ducks 3

Favorite TV Shows: Simpsons, Family Guy, Futurama, Arrested Development, The Office

Favorite Books: Tulia, The Sun also Rises, The Master & Marguerita, No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency, The Life of Pi, The Peloponesian War, Caesar

Favorite Meal: sushi, italian food, good chinese food

Favorite Bands: R.Kelly, Newfound Glory, Fallout Boy, Lil Jon

School Level/Job: BA/marketing

Your Dream Dinner(5 people, dead or alive, you want to meet): Max Steuer, Bill Clinton, Roman Polanski, Caesar, Pablo Escobar

Ravens Fan Background: since '99

Favorite Past Raven: Primetime

Favorite Past Non-Raven: Lawrence Taylor

Favorite Current Non-Raven: Michael Vick
RavensFan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Username: RavensFan

Favorite Teams: Ravens, Orioles, FSU Football, UMD Basketball

Favorite Player(Current): Ray Lewis, LeBron James, Manny Ramirez

Favorite Player(All time): Cal Ripken Jr.

Blondes, Brunettes, or Redheads? Anything but redheads

Favorite Movie: Super Troopers

Favorite TV Shows: SportsCenter, COPS, Real World

Favorite Books: ESPN the Magazine. No books.

Favorite Meal: Taco Bell Cheesy Double Beef Burrito

Favorite Bands: Chevelle, Incubus, Three Days Grace, Lil Wayne

School Level/Job: Graduated from Villa Julie College in Dec 2007, just moved down to Orlando, FL in May to work for Lockheed Martin in their Information Systems Leadership Development Program

Your Dream Dinner(5 people, dead or alive, you want to meet): Cal Ripken, Ray Lewis, Dane Cook, Jessica Alba, Will Ferrell

Ravens Fan Background: since it was announced they were moving to Baltimore

Favorite Past Raven: Rod Wooson, Deion

Favorite Current Raven: Chris McAlister, Ed Reed

Favorite Past Non-Raven: Jerry Rice

Favorite Current Non-Raven: Chad Johnson

^Thanks Dawg24!

The Ravens will finish with a better record than the Browns in the upcoming season. Mark it down.
BaLrAv3nS

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Username: BaLrAv3Ns

Favorite Sport: Rugby NfL UFC (MMA) Football (soccer)

Favorite Teams: Ravens, Aston Villa, Bath RFC,Hurricanes,Man Utd

Blondes, Brunettes, or Redheads? Blondes, but a nice smile and good eyes go along way with a good rack and nice bot.

Favorite Movie: Predator, Aliens, 300 , Lord of the Rings, Commando,Terminator 2, Pumping Iron(soooooooooo good).

Favorite TV Shows: Lost ,Prison Break, Match of the Day ,NFL sundays

Favorite Books: .....void

Favorite Meal: Steaks eggs and chips....or a friday night curry.

Favorite Bands: Like dance/trance music.....

School Level/Job: Training to become a qualified accountant ACCA.

Your Dream Dinner(5 people, dead or alive, you want to meet): Ray Lewis , Michael Porter,Bill Gates,....

5 Words to Describe You: confident,assertive,vocal,driven and commercial.

Ravens Fan Background: Got on the 2000 band wagon and never got off, i have come close ....F$@king Billick and his play calling.

Favorite Past Ravens: The Goose and Sam Adams , i love big boy DT combos.

Favorite Current Raven: Ray Lewis

Favorite Past Non-Raven Jamal Lewis and his annual wipping of the wipping boys of the DIV the Browns.

Anything Else You Want to Share:L love the gym and am getting back into playing shape.I am 6`3 260 lbs trying to get down to 225 for the start of the rugby season.I can bench 225lbs 19 times.
ceejay

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Username: ceejay, CJ

Favorite Teams:
Montreal Canadiens, Baltimore Ravens, Toronto Blue Jays

Favorite Movie:
Forrest Gump, Godfather

Favorite TV Shows: Sopranos, King of Queens, 2 and a half Men

Favorite Books: Mainly just read Biographys and such

Favorite Meal:
Mandarin - Canadian Chinese Buffet

Favorite Bands: HIM, Our Lady Peace, Lil Wayne, Johnny Cash, Cam'Ron, Young Jeezy

School Level/Job: City Of Mississauga, Zamboni Driver

Your Dream Dinner(5 people, dead or alive, you want to meet): Ray Lewis, Notorious BIG, Nelson Mandela, Eddie Guerrero, Andre The Giant

5 Words to Describe You: A-Hole, Honest, Funny, Pr!ck, Family man (two words i know)

Ravens Fan Background:
Seen Ray Lewis play and loved his energy when I was a kid, wanted to be just like him while playing football. He was my insiration and still is.

Favorite Past Raven: Jamal Lewis - Just loved his punishing style.

Favorite Current Raven:
Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Antwan Barnes, Haloti Ngata

Favorite Past Non-Raven
- Lawrence Taylor, Reggie White, Marshall Faulk

Anything Else You Want to Share: Of course, if you don't know now you knowwwwwwwww!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Username: Stance Punk

Favorite Teams: The Baltimore Ravens, Chicago Bulls

Favorite Player(Current): Tiger Woods

Favorite Player(All time): Cal Ripken Jr.

Favorite Movie in recent years: The Hurt Locker

Favorite Meal: Crab

Favorite Bands: The Smashing Pumpkins, Nirvana, blink 182

School Level/Job: College

5 Words to Describe You: Magnificent, Awe-Inspiring

Ravens Fan Background: I was only a child and I started liking football. The Ravens was a new team so I just said Id like that team.

Favorite Past Ravens: Jonathan Ogden, Michael McCrary, Edwin Mulitalo

Favorite Current Raven: Haloti Ngata, Marshal Yanda, Terrence Cody, Laddarius Webb, Terrel Suggs, Ray Lewis,

Favorite Past Non-Ravens: Brett Favre, Teddy Brusche

Last edited by Stance Punk on Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
VT54

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Username: VT54

Favorite Sport: Football/MMA

Favorite Teams: Ravens, Redskins

Favorite Player(Current): Ed Reed

Favorite Player(All time): Walter Peyton

Blondes, Brunettes, or Redheads? Dont matter if they're hot!

Favorite Movie: Old School

Favorite TV Shows: CSI

Favorite Books: Not really a reader

Favorite Meal: Crabs and Beer

Favorite Bands: Trapt, Atreyu, Slipknot, Lupe Fiasco and Kanye

School Level/Job: Finance Director @ Car dealership

Your Dream Dinner(5 people, dead or alive, you want to meet): Walter Payton, Barack Obama, Urijah Faber, Vince Lombardi, Chris Berman

5 Words to Describe You: I love to party harty

Ravens Fan Background: Grew up as a redskins fan, once the Ravens got here I'm always a homer so I switched up from day one. I still support the skins though

Favorite Past Raven: Peter Boulware

Favorite Past Non-Raven Payton Maning

Anything Else You Want to Share: We are hands down the most educated forum on these boards Laughing

Ravens FFMD10 AGM
Wacko for Flacco!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: