Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Running Back

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
patfan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Running Back Reply with quote

Hey to all you Eagles fans, just wondering what your thoughts are on the Eagles and the possibility of them going after a guy like Ricky Williams...
aafroe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we are all set in the headache department, thanks though.
Phreak

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/homeNewsDetail.jsp?id=33564

Andy is going to give the rest of the preseason to the young RBs, and then he will make a decision whether to sign a veteran or go into the regular season with who we have.

I've been telling everybody that if you just give me a chance to put the ball in my hands, I can get the job done. - Brian Westbrook
Yo_Its_T.O.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Najeh Davenport has said that his agent has talked to Eagles personel about a Simon for Najeh trade.

Thanks EAtotheGLE
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope the Eagles do something or bruce perry looks good so they can cut mahe.
sixers

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:07 am    Post subject: davenport Reply with quote

I read the bio on Davenport. Wow!
He is 6'1" and 247 lbs., in 2003 had a a high return average of kickoffs that would have led the league except he did not have enough attempts , was a member of the Miami Univ. relay team in the 4x100 and ran for 178 yards against the Rams in 2004. Of course, Buck had a great bio except he had the injuries. How about Davenport? Is he injury prone?
FenwaysFanactics

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: davenport Reply with quote

sixers wrote:
I read the bio on Davenport. How about Davenport?

He can Poop in a laundry basket with the best of them.
sandtrapjack

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: davenport Reply with quote

FenwaysFanactics wrote:
sixers wrote:

That has to be the most original first post I have ever seen.

Davenport would be a great addition to the offense, but I don't know what will have to be done to get a trade down.

I also read that The Eagles have been speaking to the agent of Dorsey Levens. He did pretty good last year with Buckhalter out.
PhillyTransplant

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either (Davenport or Levens) would probably be a good fit but Davenport straight-up for SImon? Seems like we're not getting anywhere near fair value but I guess something would be better than nothing -- what's his contract situation? Did they just tender him or would he be locked in for a few years?
If they're going to bring in DOrsey I don't think they do it until they figure out the punting situation because of roster spots. I think they did the same thing last year - sign Dorsey then cut him for a week because of roster/injuries at other positions.

Off on a tangent -- has there been any thing about Simon coming from the Eagles FO?

Last edited by PhillyTransplant on Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:16 am; edited 1 time in total
BrettWolfe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hey to all you Eagles fans, just wondering what your thoughts are on the Eagles and the possibility of them going after a guy like Ricky Williams...

Nick Saban has stated that he will not trade Ricky this year. He likes his leadership and his personality as a player and person. But Lamar Gordon or sammy Morris could be in an Eagles uni.

Dolphins Fan
ok go26

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhillyTransplant wrote:
Either (Davenport or Levens) would probably be a good fit but Davenport straight-up for SImon? Seems like we're not getting anywhere near fair value but I guess something would be better than nothing -- what's his contract situation? Did they just tender him or would he be locked in for a few years?
If they're going to bring in DOrsey I don't think they do it until they figure out the punting situation because of roster spots. I think they did the same thing last year - sign Dorsey then cut him for a week because of roster/injuries at other positions.

Off on a tangent -- has there been any thing about Sion coming from the Eagles FO?

I remember hearing something in either the Packers forum or this one where a Packers fan mentioned hearing something about a trade that looked like this:

Packers get:
-Corey Simon
-Mark Simoneau

Eagles Get:
-Robert Ferguson
-Najeh Davenport

Right now, I would absolutely love to make this trade.

"If you've got it, flaunt it. If you don't, flaunt statistics."
Iggles

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the trade's off now. Simon's gone. I see Dorsey Levens in our near future. Or Eddie George.
GRRLacher

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: davenport Reply with quote

sandtrapjack wrote:
FenwaysFanactics wrote:
sixers wrote:

That has to be the most original first post I have ever seen.

He's actually being serious - Davenport got busted for sneaking into a girls dorm room and dropping a duece in a laundry basket in her closet back in his Miami days ...

http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Content?oid=11346

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be interested in acquiring Mike Anderson from Denver. They always have a surplus of seeming capable backs and I think he could be had for a 4th rounder. However, it is totally possible that he is a system back who would only do his best in Denver like Clinton Portis or Olandis Gary (I guess the just is still out on Portis) but i think that he would be someone to look at. And just to circumvent the issue, no I do not want Maurice Clarett.
ok go26

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aafroe wrote:
I would be interested in acquiring Mike Anderson from Denver. They always have a surplus of seeming capable backs and I think he could be had for a 4th rounder. However, it is totally possible that he is a system back who would only do his best in Denver like Clinton Portis or Olandis Gary (I guess the just is still out on Portis) but i think that he would be someone to look at. And just to circumvent the issue, no I do not want Maurice Clarett.

The only problem with that is that he's slated to be the starter, and as for their other backs, Bell and Griffin are both small, and i mean come on, Ron Dayne? Besides they apparently really like him. So I'm guessing we'll be looking somewhere else.

"If you've got it, flaunt it. If you don't, flaunt statistics."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: