Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official Florida Gator Football Thread v. II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
c0insnap

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How's Will Hill been doing? I've heard he's been less than impressive so far.

Beast
FLsports4life15

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c0insnap wrote:
How's Will Hill been doing? I've heard he's been less than impressive so far.

They said he's looked good but there will be growing pains as a freshman. As of now I've read that he suffered a consussion and is taking things slower.

Anyways here some random thoughts and news:
-Torrey Davis (Sophmore, DT) has had academic and disciplinary issues and will most likely miss the Hawaii game.
-Harvin is taking it slow but the staff seems confident he'll be ready for Hawaii.
-Moore is still the starting RB, Moody is challenging him, Rainey will have a huge role, Demps has really been impressive, Mon Williams is still coming back surgery, and there is so much depth there trying to make Brandon James a full time slot receiver. Overall the RBs should much more of an impact.
-The cornerbacks are looking good. Haden seems really confident and as of right now Wondy Pierre-Louis is the #2 cornerback but Anderson will give him a run for his money and is bringing a great attitude. Janoris Jenkins could make an impact and apparently other freshman Jeremy Brown is the hardest working guy on the defense and Meyer says it will be hard not to give him a chance.
-The safeties same to be the weak point. The coaches want Wright to go for the safe tackle more often. Black has been good apparently, Will Hill has shown flashes but he's just a freshman. Former wide receiver, Just Williams, could make an impact and the coaches seem high on him but he's still learning.
-Bryant Thomas will miss the first game because of minor knee surgery, Munroe, Jim Barrie, Brandon Beal, CI, and John Curtis are done for the year. Harvin is still recovering, since the start of fall Markihe Anderson, Jim Tart, Matt Patchan, Louis Murphy, Dustin Doe, Will Hill, and Omar Hunter have been limited to their duties.
-The #2 QB battle is still going. Brantley has shown a very good arm but Newton will likely win because he take carries off of Tebow so Tim stays fresh.

If the defense can get off the field on third more this year it will be huge. The offense average 42.5 PPG last year so it can definitely handle business if the defense can help. Florida only ran more plays then three teams last year (not counting Western Kentucky).

FL's 245 Fave Hip Hop Songs (245-201)
Cardinalsfan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see the CB playing good. Can't wait till the Hawaii game!

Props to #Uno# on the sig

Cincinnati Cyclones 2009-2010 ECHL Champions

Supersuavesky wrote:
I agree with the Tebow comments. He's never been a great college player
HandsomeBob29

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cardinalsfan wrote:
Glad to see the CB playing good. Can't wait till the Hawaii game!

expect the unexpected for hawaii.

Rise and Grind. Gators 2013
GO_FAVRE_U_SOB

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to get this forums opinion of the FLorida running back situation.

With all of the talent in the backfield, how will Rainey's stats end up this year?

Will he play alot in the slot or just in the backfield? Will he be in alot of sets or is he just a change of pace back?

What is your guys guess of his stats against Hawaii?

I drafted him in my keeper league and wondered what kind of year to expect from him.
HandsomeBob29

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GO_FAVRE_U_SOB wrote:

With all of the talent in the backfield, how will Rainey's stats end up this year?

Will he play alot in the slot or just in the backfield? Will he be in alot of sets or is he just a change of pace back?

I drafted him in my keeper league and wondered what kind of year to expect from him.

The thing is we all really dont know what will happen to him. I feel like he's gonna be like another Percy Harvin. We are just gonna put him anywhere. Were gonna but him at WR, RB (Single and Duel Set), and maybe even put him in a Wild Hog formation. He's even returning kicks for us so he'll be a dangerous player there also. This guy is gonna be everywhere so I dont expect like 150 rushing or passing games but he will make plays.

Cardinalsfan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HandsomeBob29 wrote:
GO_FAVRE_U_SOB wrote:

The thing is we all really dont know what will happen to him. I feel like he's gonna be like another Percy Harvin. We are just gonna put him anywhere. Were gonna but him at WR, RB (Single and Duel Set), and maybe even put him in a Wild Hog formation. He's even returning kicks for us so he'll be a dangerous player there also. This guy is gonna be everywhere so I dont expect like 150 rushing or passing games but he will make plays.

Rainey really excites me. I agree with your assesment. Rainey hopefully will be a playmaker and come up with some big plays especially if the defense is focused on Tebow and Harvin.

Supersuavesky wrote:
HandsomeBob29

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cardinalsfan wrote:
HandsomeBob29 wrote:
GO_FAVRE_U_SOB wrote:

Rainey really excites me. I agree with your assesment. Rainey hopefully will be a playmaker and come up with some big plays especially if the defense is focused on Tebow and Harvin.

Harvin will be a major focus this year and if you have Rainey and Harvin on opposite ends, it stretches the defense even more then it is. And you can still have Demps who's as fast in the back field also. This is why I'm sticking with my belief that this will be a career season for Louis Murphy and Carl Moore. Both guys have incredible hands, size, and deceptive speed. With the defense so spread out, they will be playing pitch and catch with Tebow all day.

fly eagles fly

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HandsomeBob29 wrote:
Cardinalsfan wrote:
HandsomeBob29 wrote:
GO_FAVRE_U_SOB wrote:

Harvin will be a major focus this year and if you have Rainey and Harvin on opposite ends, it stretches the defense even more then it is. And you can still have Demps who's as fast in the back field also. This is why I'm sticking with my belief that this will be a career season for Louis Murphy and Carl Moore. Both guys have incredible hands, size, and deceptive speed. With the defense so spread out, they will be playing pitch and catch with Tebow all day.

Try fastER.
He made it to the finals in the US Olympic trials as a senior in high school in the 100 meters and set the all time record for high school students over 100 meters.
FLsports4life15

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GO_FAVRE_U_SOB wrote:

Rainey will put up good stats in receiving and in the backfield. He'll be used in slot. No one knows how Rainey will used specifically but the Gators staff will get him on the field. He'll be used similar to Harvin and could lead the team in YPC. I think he'll get atleast one touchdown versus Hawaii.

SpacemanSpiff

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well guys, I'm gonna be at the game tomorrow. In point of fact, I've got season tickets! Pretty stoked about that. Pretty screwed up that my dad, a tenured professor at the University of Florida who's been teaching for 20 years, can't get season tickets unless he becomes a Gator Booster. But, I digress.

I'm really feeling good about this season. This is going to be a special football team and I really feel like we've finally got a football team built in Urban Meyer's vision. Our offense should be totally unstoppable and our defense should solidify. The anticipation just keeps building and building and building.
Cardinalsfan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait till tomorrow, too bad it won't be on TV here in Cincinnati.

Supersuavesky wrote:
HandsomeBob29

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's gonna be a good game.

FLsports4life15

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty pumped up for the game. You gotta love the college atmosphere, it's seems to have been too long without watching a game with family and friends in front of the TV.

BrownieTheElf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I hear it's on espn360.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 3 of 100

Jump to: