You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

should I make this trade

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Fantasy Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titans270986

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: should I make this trade Reply with quote

I really want Gore, and I am sitting in the 6th Spot so Ill probably get him. But I was offered the 10th and 11th pick for my pick #6 and my 5th rounder. What do you think?
DHE01

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: should I make this trade Reply with quote

titans270986 wrote:
I really want Gore, and I am sitting in the 6th Spot so Ill probably get him. But I was offered the 10th and 11th pick for my pick #6 and my 5th rounder. What do you think?

I would accept. one first and ealry second. thats great!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i'd do the trade. Two quality players are better than one.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFan630 wrote:

Yeah I'd take Portis and Lynch over Gore, and I'm a 49ers fan.
BUCKNUT713

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do it do it do it !!!!! what are you waiting for......I wish i would get offers like this
DannyB

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, of course this all depends on how badly you want Gore.

I GUESS I'd take the deal, but there's still a lot of value in the top half of the 5th round (the pick you're giving away). At this point, especially in a 10-team league, you could still get a stud QB, or one of the top-flight TEs. I might try to swing a little bit more in this trade before accepting: Maybe your 6th rounder instead, or maybe switch 5th round picks (he gets the 6th in the 5th round, you get the 10th).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DannyB wrote:
Well, of course this all depends on how badly you want Gore.

I GUESS I'd take the deal, but there's still a lot of value in the top half of the 5th round (the pick you're giving away). At this point, especially in a 10-team league, you could still get a stud QB, or one of the top-flight TEs. I might try to swing a little bit more in this trade before accepting: Maybe your 6th rounder instead, or maybe switch 5th round picks (he gets the 6th in the 5th round, you get the 10th).

The 5th rounder is irrelevant in this deal if I'm reading this correctly. Titans trades his #6 overall and his 5th rounder (#46?) and in return gets #10 and #11 and still has his #15 overall. Is that right? Because essentially for moving down 5 spots he moves his #46 pick up to #11. Assuming that QB was the target in round 5, he can turn that pick into Manning, Bress or Romo and continue with his original draft strategy (minus Gore of course) where he can get a running back of equal value at 10 or 11.

This trade is a no-brainer. I would jump on this in a second. If I were Titans, I'd thoroughly look over the ADP projections to see what is the best three-player combination that can be had between 10 and 15 to cash in on this mistake.
DannyB

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No compensation given up is irrelevant. As it stands now, if he does the trade he would be looking at...

Pick 10
Pick 11
Pick 15
Pick 26
Pick 35

Within the first 50 picks

In my mind, this year the first 5 rounds are the most important. I know this is kind of a "duh" statement, but what I mean is, the depth of talent in this year's fantasy class starts to really thin out around the 5th round. After the 5th, most likely the top half of the start-worthy QBs will be gone, and the Big Three tight ends will be gone as well. With 5 picks in the first 5, you're going to have to sacrifice somewhere, whether it's QB, TE, or a 2nd WR or RB. If somehow Titans can swing a deal to add one more pick within the first 5 rounds, he will have a HUGE leg up on the competition, allowing him to have...

2 RBs
2 WR
1 QB
1 TE

that are all fantastic, if not total studs. That is the foundation of a seriously championship-worthy team if he makes shrewd picks. Remember, this trade was offered TO him. The other guy must want that pick. See how far he's willing to go to get what he wants.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DannyB wrote:
No compensation given up is irrelevant.

In the grand scheme of things you're right; but as far as this trade, it's not. To clarify, who cares about round 5 if you're exchanging it for early round two? The only "compensation given up" is between 6th and 10th. Are you telling us that the gap between those spots are significantly more than the gap between #11 overall and #46? (which is the trade).

DannyB wrote:
As it stands now, if he does the trade he would be looking at...

Pick 10
Pick 11
Pick 15
Pick 26
Pick 35

Within the first 50 picks

Right, and if he doesn't he continues on with normal draft position

Pick 6
Pick 15
Pick 26
Pick 35
Pick 46

DannyB wrote:
In my mind, this year the first 5 rounds are the most important.

Sure.

DannyB wrote:
I know this is kind of a "duh" statement, but what I mean is, the depth of talent in this year's fantasy class starts to really thin out around the 5th round.

In the sense of "stud" quality draft availability, I can agree to a point. But one season's stats don't translate into this year's stats. Last year when I picked Witten, Braylon, Romo and Jamal Lewis in the last 6 rounds, they were value picks that panned out to be great.

Also, this is just the draft. You're building currency and seeking value. If by your account the drop off in the first five rounds is so sever, wouldn't it be good to have your first 5 picks occur sooner rather than later?

DannyB wrote:
After the 5th, most likely the top half of the start-worthy QBs will be gone, and the Big Three tight ends will be gone as well.

Again, how do you know? What about Roethlisberger, Romo and Derek Anderson who were drafted late or didn't get drafted at all?

DannyB wrote:
With 5 picks in the first 5, you're going to have to sacrifice somewhere, whether it's QB, TE, or a 2nd WR or RB. If somehow Titans can swing a deal to add one more pick within the first 5 rounds, he will have a HUGE leg up on the competition, allowing him to have...

2 RBs
2 WR
1 QB
1 TE

I think you're confused. With this trade he not only still has 5 picks in the first five rounds but five of the picks come withing the first FOUR rounds.

DannyB wrote:
that are all fantastic, if not total studs. That is the foundation of a seriously championship-worthy team if he makes shrewd picks. Remember, this trade was offered TO him. The other guy must want that pick. See how far he's willing to go to get what he wants.

Well, unless he completely misses at pick 10 I don't see how this is going to hurt his ability to accumulate talent in the first few rounds. I've built great teams with the 12/13 pick in 12-team drafts. This is a 10-team so I'm pretty sure he'll find a quality player at both 10 and 11.

The other guys seems to believe he can get a Tier 1 RB or QB at that pick. QB is possible if Brady falls to 6. RB? Questionable because I only consider Tomlinson, Westbrook, Jackson and Peterson to be tier 1 (as the draft goes). Otherwise, the RB that can be had at 6 barring any strange picks will have as much chance at success as #10. Then you're adding a consecutive pick and it makes the team that much sweeter.
Eagles $5$

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might not get Gore, but that one heck of a trade for you.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RickyG wrote:
LionsFan630 wrote:

I agree 2 is better than 1 but do you think portis and lynch will be there @ 10/11
00chief00

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never liked gore so Id jump on that in a second...... but in reality I think you should do it, small outside chance of getting gore at 10 anyway.......
RickyG

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
RickyG wrote:
LionsFan630 wrote:

I agree 2 is better than 1 but do you think portis and lynch will be there @ 10/11

1-5 will be LT, AD, Westbrook, SJax, Addai,

Then Brady

Then that leave 7-11 with Portis, Moss, Gore, Lynch, LJ, Barber, McGahee.

So maybe not Portis, Lynch, but maybe LJ and McGahee, or Moss and McGahee or whatever combo.
Verlagio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my best Schwarzeneger voice:

"DO IT, C'MON, DO IT!"

Another BlockRaider Masterpiece!
DannyB

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wudake, I'm not telling him not to do the trade. I'm just saying, see if he can swing it so he ends up with 6 picks in the first 5 rounds. Once again, this trade was proposed to him, so it's reasonable to make a counter-offer. The other owner must want to move into that spot for SOME reason, why not see what else he's willing to give up to get there? My guess is he wants Brady.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Fantasy Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: