Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Texas Longhorns Thread V.II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 90, 91, 92  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texasmade

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Huge game this weekend. We have like 27 recruits visiting, and we are against a hot WVU team
I'm probably a little too confident, but I think if Jordan Hicks plays, we win by at least 2 scores. He's that important to our defense, and their defense redefines the word abysmal.

Defensively if they keep us under 300 yards on the ground I'll be shocked. Malcolm Brown is unlikely to play but I'm not sure how much it'll matter. JGray is ripe for a breakout game and I think this is it. As good as Ash has been I wouldn't throw the ball more than 15 times. The longer Geno Smith is on the sidelines, the better our chances.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texasmade wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Huge game this weekend. We have like 27 recruits visiting, and we are against a hot WVU team
I'm probably a little too confident, but I think if Jordan Hicks plays, we win by at least 2 scores. He's that important to our defense, and their defense redefines the word abysmal.

Defensively if they keep us under 300 yards on the ground I'll be shocked. Malcolm Brown is unlikely to play but I'm not sure how much it'll matter. JGray is ripe for a breakout game and I think this is it. As good as Ash has been I wouldn't throw the ball more than 15 times. The longer Geno Smith is on the sidelines, the better our chances.

I agree with the 2nd paragraph. I think that we need to play old-school Texas football and get Geno cold. We also need to put a lot of pressure on him and make him get the ball out quickly. I think that Diggs and Byndom should be able to jam Austin and Bailey no problem. But we need to run the ball the majority of the game

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Texasmade

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
I agree with the 2nd paragraph. I think that we need to play old-school Texas football and get Geno cold. We also need to put a lot of pressure on him and make him get the ball out quickly. I think that Diggs and Byndom should be able to jam Austin and Bailey no problem. But we need to run the ball the majority of the game
Ideally we'll be able to get pressure with 4 and drop 7, and I think we can. Worst case scenerio we need to just prevent the big play, which is what WVU has lived on all year and make them drive the length of the field. Do that and run the ball effectively and we should win.
thestonedkoala

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel a little iffy about WVU. I think we're in for a big letdown. Defense has looked like a sieve.
Underwood

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thestonedkoala wrote:
I feel a little iffy about WVU. I think we're in for a big letdown. Defense has looked like a sieve.

"Sieve" is the perfect word for this D. Coming in to this year, everyone thought the offense was a huge question mark, but the defense would be top-notch. The offense has surprised everyone, yet the defense has been terrible. WVU has zero respect for Diaz's crew and are doing whatever they want, especially on the ground, and at this point are 5 for 5 on 4th downs. It's disgusting. The offense had to play a perfect game to win this one and while they played admirably, it wasn't good enough. I'm not going to jump out there and say Diaz has to go, since we have so many young guys playing, but he needs to get his stuff together. We now need to run the table(which would be a huge feat) and hope WVU loses twice to take the conference.

It looks like Texas will score at the end to make it a 3 point game, so hopefully they won't fall too far in the rankings.

Sig by Eaglezphan21
Texasmade

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Underwood wrote:
thestonedkoala wrote:

"Sieve" is the perfect word for this D. Coming in to this year, everyone thought the offense was a huge question mark, but the defense would be top-notch. The offense has surprised everyone, yet the defense has been terrible. WVU has zero respect for Diaz's crew and are doing whatever they want, especially on the ground, and at this point are 5 for 5 on 4th downs. It's disgusting. The offense had to play a perfect game to win this one and while they played admirably, it wasn't good enough. I'm not going to jump out there and say Diaz has to go, since we have so many young guys playing, but he needs to get his stuff together. We now need to run the table(which would be a huge feat) and hope WVU loses twice to take the conference.

It looks like Texas will score at the end to make it a 3 point game, so hopefully they won't fall too far in the rankings.
Manny needs to go. Plain and simple. Guy has no idea how to defend the spread and is completely outclassed by the offensive minds in this conference.
Str8Wreckin08

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texasmade wrote:
Underwood wrote:
thestonedkoala wrote:

Manny needs to go. Plain and simple. Guy has no idea how to defend the spread and is completely outclassed by the offensive minds in this conference.

Yea, I agree. The defensive line play is nothng compared to when Muschamp arrived. He made Lammar Houston and a underachieving Sergio kindle into dominant players.

We have problems in the secondary, don't you agree.
Str8Wreckin08

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets just say that Manny Diaz'z system is fancy looking, but it lacks that tough man blue collar mentallity that Will Muschamp brong to the table. Secondayry has only one good cover man, Diggs who is a future first round pick.

We have a Bcs national championship offense, but a suspect defense which is not capable of complimenting a brilliant offense.
Texasmade

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Str8Wreckin08 wrote:
Yea, I agree. The defensive line play is nothng compared to when Muschamp arrived. He made Lammar Houston and a underachieving Sergio kindle into dominant players.

The DL isn't the problem. Heck Alex Okafor damn near took that game over. The problem is the scheme, and the [inappropriate/removed] poor LB play. Jordan Hicks needs to get healthy and soon, because that position is terrible right now.

And yes the secondary sucks outside of Diggs and Vaccaro. Mykkele Thompson played well last week and has replaced Adrian Phillips in the starting lineup, so hopefully he can build on last weeks solid performance. I'd like to see Sheroid and/or Duke take some snaps away from Byndom. I dunno what happened to CB but he is not the same guy that played at an all-conference level last year.
Str8Wreckin08

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texasmade wrote:
Str8Wreckin08 wrote:

The DL isn't the problem. Heck Alex Okafor damn near took that game over. The problem is the scheme, and the [inappropriate/removed] poor LB play. Jordan Hicks needs to get healthy and soon, because that position is terrible right now.

And yes the secondary sucks outside of Diggs and Vaccaro. Mykkele Thompson played well last week and has replaced Adrian Phillips in the starting lineup, so hopefully he can build on last weeks solid performance. I'd like to see Sheroid and/or Duke take some snaps away from Byndom. I dunno what happened to CB but he is not the same guy that played at an all-conference level last year.

Vacarroo has gotten beat a couple times deep this year. Not quite quick enough to cover faster receivers as showcased Saturday night trying to hold that wr who ha a big game in the slot.

Lb play is no good, secondary sucks outside Diggs who will be a first round pick.
candyman93

Location: The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
RT @BuckeyeNotes: Ohio State and Texas have agreed to a home-and-home football series that will match the teams in Austin in 2022 and in Columbus in 2023.

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
It'll be a cold day in hell when I read a thread title.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Quote:
RT @BuckeyeNotes: Ohio State and Texas have agreed to a home-and-home football series that will match the teams in Austin in 2022 and in Columbus in 2023.

Kind of crazy when you think about it. They have to plan ten years in advance to make sure that they can fit each other on the schedule.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
thestonedkoala

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that was an odd play O.o

All in all, it starts at the top. I think Brown is starting to wear out his coaching seat. Constantly embarrassed by Oklahoma is not a good way to show your a good coach.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thestonedkoala wrote:
Well that was an odd play O.o

All in all, it starts at the top. I think Brown is starting to wear out his coaching seat. Constantly embarrassed by Oklahoma is not a good way to show your a good coach.

I think it starts with the other coaches, Harsin and Diaz. Brown doesn't call plays, he is a motivator and a recruiter. Right now, Texas looks scared. But come on. Diaz refuses to cover the fullback, and Harsin looks stumped. Its pathetic

thestonedkoala

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And that's the problem. I think Texas NEEDS a head coach.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 90, 91, 92  Next
Page 74 of 92

Jump to: