Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Detroit Tigers Thread - [4-0]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 91, 92, 93  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Typical_Lions


Joined: 08 Mar 2006
Posts: 2472
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitSpirit wrote:
davisblack wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:
Heard we are in trade talks with Angels, Porcello for either Trumbo, Bourjes or Moralis. Someone told me that, not sure how true,



It's kind of true. The Tigers and Angels have talked about Porcello and there is a seperate rumor that the Angels are Shopping Trumbo, Bourjos, and Morales.

They would have to give up a good prospect plus Porcello for Trumbo, and i'm sure they aren't interested in Morales because he is a DH. Porcello for Bourjos straight up seems fair and I would like that trade.


Portabello and Castellanos/Garcia for Trumbo


Cool Sounds good to me.


Not to me. The Tigers don't need to trade Porcello for anything less than an awesome deal. If they can manage a one for one with Trumbo I would do it otherwise I would hold on to Porcello till the deadline.

I don't necessarily think the Angels would do that but I do know I would not want to trade Garcia or Castellanos right now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 51563
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitSpirit wrote:
davisblack wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:
Heard we are in trade talks with Angels, Porcello for either Trumbo, Bourjes or Moralis. Someone told me that, not sure how true,



It's kind of true. The Tigers and Angels have talked about Porcello and there is a seperate rumor that the Angels are Shopping Trumbo, Bourjos, and Morales.

They would have to give up a good prospect plus Porcello for Trumbo, and i'm sure they aren't interested in Morales because he is a DH. Porcello for Bourjos straight up seems fair and I would like that trade.


Portabello and Castellanos/Garcia for Trumbo


Cool Sounds good to me.


No thanks. Garcia long term easily > Trumbo
_________________


AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LionsFan01


Joined: 14 Jan 2006
Posts: 3546
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typical_Lions wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:
davisblack wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:
Heard we are in trade talks with Angels, Porcello for either Trumbo, Bourjes or Moralis. Someone told me that, not sure how true,



It's kind of true. The Tigers and Angels have talked about Porcello and there is a seperate rumor that the Angels are Shopping Trumbo, Bourjos, and Morales.

They would have to give up a good prospect plus Porcello for Trumbo, and i'm sure they aren't interested in Morales because he is a DH. Porcello for Bourjos straight up seems fair and I would like that trade.


Portabello and Castellanos/Garcia for Trumbo


Cool Sounds good to me.


Not to me. The Tigers don't need to trade Porcello for anything less than an awesome deal. If they can manage a one for one with Trumbo I would do it otherwise I would hold on to Porcello till the deadline.

I don't necessarily think the Angels would do that but I do know I would not want to trade Garcia or Castellanos right now.


Porcello is not nearly worth Trumbo straight up. He has some value, but not that much.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Typical_Lions


Joined: 08 Mar 2006
Posts: 2472
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFan01 wrote:
Typical_Lions wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:
davisblack wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:
Heard we are in trade talks with Angels, Porcello for either Trumbo, Bourjes or Moralis. Someone told me that, not sure how true,



It's kind of true. The Tigers and Angels have talked about Porcello and there is a seperate rumor that the Angels are Shopping Trumbo, Bourjos, and Morales.

They would have to give up a good prospect plus Porcello for Trumbo, and i'm sure they aren't interested in Morales because he is a DH. Porcello for Bourjos straight up seems fair and I would like that trade.


Portabello and Castellanos/Garcia for Trumbo


Cool Sounds good to me.


Not to me. The Tigers don't need to trade Porcello for anything less than an awesome deal. If they can manage a one for one with Trumbo I would do it otherwise I would hold on to Porcello till the deadline.

I don't necessarily think the Angels would do that but I do know I would not want to trade Garcia or Castellanos right now.


Porcello is not nearly worth Trumbo straight up. He has some value, but not that much.


I am not saying he does but I would not trade Castellanos/Garcia in addition to him. Trumbo is worth a lot but I think the Tigers can get a really good deal with all the teams looking for controllable starting pitching.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ManeLine


Joined: 22 Jul 2011
Posts: 5004
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our deal with Sanchez has a club option for a 6th year.

On Porcello, saw that a dozen teams have called the Tigers about him. Generating a lot of interest it appears so I expect something good in return. Pitching is in high demand and teams are willing to overpay.

Castellanos in a deal for Mark trumbo is insane. You don't trade your top prospect for a Mark Trumbo. His only real asset is his power.
_________________

Smack

Adopt A Lion - Ryan Broyles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GeneralTso


Joined: 08 Dec 2007
Posts: 7265
Location: Props to Rase on Sig
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind trading Porcello towards Joel Hanrahan. I'm not about to let a 21 year old close games for a team on the verge of a World Series.
_________________
james.mcmurry13 wrote:
Yeah, [Mike] Wallace would be like 4th fastest on the Raiders.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
davisblack


Joined: 05 Oct 2008
Posts: 3242
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralTso wrote:
I wouldn't mind trading Porcello towards Joel Hanrahan. I'm not about to let a 21 year old close games for a team on the verge of a World Series.


The Tigers already said they are not interested in Hanrahan mainly because of his contract.
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Lion:
#6 P Sam Martin
#45 FB Jed Collins
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
davisblack


Joined: 05 Oct 2008
Posts: 3242
Location: Michigan
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tigers are taking calls on Smyly too.


http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/12/tigers-taking-calls-on-drew-smyly.html
_________________
2014 Adopt-A-Lion:
#6 P Sam Martin
#45 FB Jed Collins
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ahoda


Joined: 02 Feb 2005
Posts: 4452
Location: Northern Virginia
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralTso wrote:
I wouldn't mind trading Porcello towards Joel Hanrahan. I'm not about to let a 21 year old close games for a team on the verge of a World Series.


Rondon is very special. Give him a chance before you pass judgement. We still have Dotel, Al, and Villareal who can close out games.
_________________
R.I.P STYLISH. GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
LionsFan01


Joined: 14 Jan 2006
Posts: 3546
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahoda wrote:
GeneralTso wrote:
I wouldn't mind trading Porcello towards Joel Hanrahan. I'm not about to let a 21 year old close games for a team on the verge of a World Series.


Rondon is very special. Give him a chance before you pass judgement. We still have Dotel, Al, and Villareal who can close out games.


He throws hard, but he had a really hard time finding the strike zone last season. He could improve upon that, or he could end up like Andy Oliver who still hasn't figured out to harness the power he possesses.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ahoda


Joined: 02 Feb 2005
Posts: 4452
Location: Northern Virginia
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

His walks were down a lot from 2011. He's getting better. I'm more concerned with his maturity coachability then his control and command.
_________________
R.I.P STYLISH. GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
LionsFan01


Joined: 14 Jan 2006
Posts: 3546
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahoda wrote:
His walks were down a lot from 2011. He's getting better. I'm more concerned with his maturity coachability then his control and command.


His walks were slightly down. But he had a BB/9 of 7.88 during his brief callup to AAA. He was able to throw more strikes in 2012 which led to fewer walks, but he still cannot command his pitches. He can't locate them with any sort of consistency. Part of that is being young, but part of that is also his delivery. It's just not conducive to consistent command of one's pitches. It's a battle for him to just find the strike zone consistently, let alone locate his pitches in it. And there are also the attitude and work ethic question marks. I'm just not sold on him at this point being a viable option as a big league closer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ManeLine


Joined: 22 Jul 2011
Posts: 5004
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumor that we're after JJ Hardy....and in the same deal, we trade Porcello -- the guy that desperately needs a good fielding SS behind him Laughing

Hardy is good defensively but his offense is pretty meh. Not sure he's much of an upgrade.
_________________

Smack

Adopt A Lion - Ryan Broyles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SadLionFan00


Joined: 22 Jan 2008
Posts: 14342
Location: Michigan State University
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManeLine wrote:
Rumor that we're after JJ Hardy....and in the same deal, we trade Porcello -- the guy that desperately needs a good fielding SS behind him Laughing

Hardy is good defensively but his offense is pretty meh. Not sure he's much of an upgrade.


I would take him over both Porcello and Peralta all day
_________________
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Quote:
Trestman is a great coach but Cutler is already a pouty overconfident poo flinger. What more can he do with him?
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
LionsFan01


Joined: 14 Jan 2006
Posts: 3546
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManeLine wrote:
Rumor that we're after JJ Hardy....and in the same deal, we trade Porcello -- the guy that desperately needs a good fielding SS behind him Laughing

Hardy is good defensively but his offense is pretty meh. Not sure he's much of an upgrade.


His offense is hardly meh. He won't hit for a high average, but he's good for 20 HR and 75 RBI if he stays healthy. Peralta takes a few more walks, but also has a slightly higher K rate. Really the offense we'd be looking at getting out of the position would remain pretty much the same. Given that and the fact that he's on another planet defensively than Peralta, I think it'd be a definite upgrade. Not completely sold on getting rid of Porcello, but if that meant getting Hardy I'd do the deal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 92 of 93

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group