Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Detroit Tigers Thread - [4-0]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 91, 92, 93  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Typical_Lions

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitSpirit wrote:
davisblack wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:
Heard we are in trade talks with Angels, Porcello for either Trumbo, Bourjes or Moralis. Someone told me that, not sure how true,

It's kind of true. The Tigers and Angels have talked about Porcello and there is a seperate rumor that the Angels are Shopping Trumbo, Bourjos, and Morales.

They would have to give up a good prospect plus Porcello for Trumbo, and i'm sure they aren't interested in Morales because he is a DH. Porcello for Bourjos straight up seems fair and I would like that trade.

Portabello and Castellanos/Garcia for Trumbo

Cool Sounds good to me.

Not to me. The Tigers don't need to trade Porcello for anything less than an awesome deal. If they can manage a one for one with Trumbo I would do it otherwise I would hold on to Porcello till the deadline.

I don't necessarily think the Angels would do that but I do know I would not want to trade Garcia or Castellanos right now.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitSpirit wrote:
davisblack wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:
Heard we are in trade talks with Angels, Porcello for either Trumbo, Bourjes or Moralis. Someone told me that, not sure how true,

It's kind of true. The Tigers and Angels have talked about Porcello and there is a seperate rumor that the Angels are Shopping Trumbo, Bourjos, and Morales.

They would have to give up a good prospect plus Porcello for Trumbo, and i'm sure they aren't interested in Morales because he is a DH. Porcello for Bourjos straight up seems fair and I would like that trade.

Cool Sounds good to me.

No thanks. Garcia long term easily > Trumbo

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
LionsFan01

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typical_Lions wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:
davisblack wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:

Cool Sounds good to me.

Not to me. The Tigers don't need to trade Porcello for anything less than an awesome deal. If they can manage a one for one with Trumbo I would do it otherwise I would hold on to Porcello till the deadline.

I don't necessarily think the Angels would do that but I do know I would not want to trade Garcia or Castellanos right now.

Porcello is not nearly worth Trumbo straight up. He has some value, but not that much.
Typical_Lions

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFan01 wrote:
Typical_Lions wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:
davisblack wrote:
DetroitSpirit wrote:

Cool Sounds good to me.

Porcello is not nearly worth Trumbo straight up. He has some value, but not that much.

I am not saying he does but I would not trade Castellanos/Garcia in addition to him. Trumbo is worth a lot but I think the Tigers can get a really good deal with all the teams looking for controllable starting pitching.
ManeLine

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our deal with Sanchez has a club option for a 6th year.

On Porcello, saw that a dozen teams have called the Tigers about him. Generating a lot of interest it appears so I expect something good in return. Pitching is in high demand and teams are willing to overpay.

Castellanos in a deal for Mark trumbo is insane. You don't trade your top prospect for a Mark Trumbo. His only real asset is his power.

Smack

Adopt A Lion - Ryan Broyles
GeneralTso

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind trading Porcello towards Joel Hanrahan. I'm not about to let a 21 year old close games for a team on the verge of a World Series.
davisblack

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralTso wrote:
I wouldn't mind trading Porcello towards Joel Hanrahan. I'm not about to let a 21 year old close games for a team on the verge of a World Series.

The Tigers already said they are not interested in Hanrahan mainly because of his contract.
#6 P Sam Martin
#45 FB Jed Collins
davisblack

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tigers are taking calls on Smyly too.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/12/tigers-taking-calls-on-drew-smyly.html
#6 P Sam Martin
#45 FB Jed Collins
ahoda

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralTso wrote:

Rondon is very special. Give him a chance before you pass judgement. We still have Dotel, Al, and Villareal who can close out games.
LionsFan01

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahoda wrote:
GeneralTso wrote:

Rondon is very special. Give him a chance before you pass judgement. We still have Dotel, Al, and Villareal who can close out games.

He throws hard, but he had a really hard time finding the strike zone last season. He could improve upon that, or he could end up like Andy Oliver who still hasn't figured out to harness the power he possesses.
ahoda

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

His walks were down a lot from 2011. He's getting better. I'm more concerned with his maturity coachability then his control and command.
LionsFan01

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahoda wrote:
His walks were down a lot from 2011. He's getting better. I'm more concerned with his maturity coachability then his control and command.

His walks were slightly down. But he had a BB/9 of 7.88 during his brief callup to AAA. He was able to throw more strikes in 2012 which led to fewer walks, but he still cannot command his pitches. He can't locate them with any sort of consistency. Part of that is being young, but part of that is also his delivery. It's just not conducive to consistent command of one's pitches. It's a battle for him to just find the strike zone consistently, let alone locate his pitches in it. And there are also the attitude and work ethic question marks. I'm just not sold on him at this point being a viable option as a big league closer.
ManeLine

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumor that we're after JJ Hardy....and in the same deal, we trade Porcello -- the guy that desperately needs a good fielding SS behind him Laughing

Hardy is good defensively but his offense is pretty meh. Not sure he's much of an upgrade.

Smack

Adopt A Lion - Ryan Broyles
SadLionFan00

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManeLine wrote:
Rumor that we're after JJ Hardy....and in the same deal, we trade Porcello -- the guy that desperately needs a good fielding SS behind him Laughing

Hardy is good defensively but his offense is pretty meh. Not sure he's much of an upgrade.

I would take him over both Porcello and Peralta all day
Get him to fling poo more accurately and make better decisions when flinging it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
LionsFan01

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManeLine wrote:

His offense is hardly meh. He won't hit for a high average, but he's good for 20 HR and 75 RBI if he stays healthy. Peralta takes a few more walks, but also has a slightly higher K rate. Really the offense we'd be looking at getting out of the position would remain pretty much the same. Given that and the fact that he's on another planet defensively than Peralta, I think it'd be a definite upgrade. Not completely sold on getting rid of Porcello, but if that meant getting Hardy I'd do the deal.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 92 of 93

Jump to: