Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sports Illustrated
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phreak

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top QBs in the NFL

1. Peyton Manning (can't argue with this, 49 TDs and his decision making is incredible)
2. Donovan McNabb
3. Daunte Culpepper

Culpepper may be a better athlete and have a better arm, but his leadership skills don't even come close to that of McNabb's and to me, that is one of the most important qualities for a QB. And McNabb is a smarter/calmer QB and can make anything happen out of nothing (see Dallas 14 second scramble). Now I do believe Culpepper is an amazing QB, one of the best, but I would take McNabb over C-pep anyday of the week.

I've been telling everybody that if you just give me a chance to put the ball in my hands, I can get the job done. - Brian Westbrook
ok go26

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to see Pepper play w/o Moss for a season before I decide between the two. Actually, I'd like to see Pep play with Thrash and Pinkston, but I don't think that's happening anytime soon.

"If you've got it, flaunt it. If you don't, flaunt statistics."
Broad Street Bullies

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phreak wrote:
Top QBs in the NFL

1. Peyton Manning (can't argue with this, 49 TDs and his decision making is incredible)
2. Donovan McNabb
3. Daunte Culpepper

Culpepper may be a better athlete and have a better arm, but his leadership skills don't even come close to that of McNabb's and to me, that is one of the most important qualities for a QB. And McNabb is a smarter/calmer QB and can make anything happen out of nothing (see Dallas 14 second scramble). Now I do believe Culpepper is an amazing QB, one of the best, but I would take McNabb over C-pep anyday of the week.

mcnabb is the product of an amazing system though. if culpepper was our choice instead of mcnabb (which almost happened) i think that we would have had the same results.
ok go26

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broad Street Bullies wrote:
Phreak wrote:
Top QBs in the NFL

2. Donovan McNabb
3. Daunte Culpepper

mcnabb is the product of an amazing system though. if culpepper was our choice instead of mcnabb (which almost happened) i think that we would have had the same results.

Wow I never really thought about it like that... I completely agree though. But as of right now, given the systems they were raised in... uh... It's still a really tough call.

Phreak

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, let's just say McNabb and Culpepper fit their teams perfectly and that's all that matters.

I've been telling everybody that if you just give me a chance to put the ball in my hands, I can get the job done. - Brian Westbrook
ok go26

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phreak wrote:
Alright, let's just say McNabb and Culpepper fit their teams perfectly and that's all that matters.

Amen.

1. Peyton
t2. Culpepper
t2. McNabb

works for me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: