Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

HUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kiwi eagle

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: HUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Reply with quote

ouglous was cut by the Eagle. I am really pissed off. Seriously did they need thornburg, mahe or jaqua thomas. id easily put ouglous above all 3. Also Parry over Ritchie. just not right. Also martin Patterson was goo but he just got caught up in the numbers game. PS for him
Phreak

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy Reid and the Eagles coaching stuff know what they're doing, so we just have to trust them...

I've been telling everybody that if you just give me a chance to put the ball in my hands, I can get the job done. - Brian Westbrook
Ctagmyer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

u better hope soo
Yo_Its_T.O.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How the hell did Simoneau make the cut when he has been injured ever since Feburary? What makes Jaqua Thomas so special he struggled?

Thanks EAtotheGLE
ok go26

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to know when Mahe will be released so we can get a bigger (and better) back.

"If you've got it, flaunt it. If you don't, flaunt statistics."
Iggles

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Eagles' staff know what they're doing. Remember last year, when everyone criticized the team for letting Taylor and Vincent go, and it all worked out? It's the same here.
Ctagmyer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iggles wrote:
The Eagles' staff know what they're doing. Remember last year, when everyone criticized the team for letting Taylor and Vincent go, and it all worked out? It's the same here.

wow very good point
sandtrapjack

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am blown away, in shock and awe that they let Jon Ritchie go. I always thought that Ritchie was a solid FB for this team, and one of the best FB's in the league, what happened?

Also Hugh Douglas being let go?? Good comparison about Taylor and Vincent, but the difference is I think you had better depth there than at DE.

McDougle is out for a minimum of 6 weeks being listed on the PUP. So that is essentially a loss of two experience DE's. I just don't know about that one.
GRRLacher

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe you guys dropped Ritchie... we only kept one active FB on the roster - I would love to see Ritchie in a Bears uniform.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously Ritchie hasn't bounced back too well from the knee injury, or he'd still be on the team. I trust the Eagles' staff to make the necessary cuts, even if they're not popular.
ok go26

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandtrapjack wrote:
I am blown away, in shock and awe that they let Jon Ritchie go. I always thought that Ritchie was a solid FB for this team, and one of the best FB's in the league, what happened?

I was pretty surprised too (almost as surprised as I was when Steve Sciullo was cut, he was the player who I was unhappiest to see go), but between his injury last year, the fact that he may not have recovered fully, and the fact that Parry has proven himself to be a good-if-not-excellent blocker, I definitely think that this can be justified.

Quote:
Also Hugh Douglas being let go?? Good comparison about Taylor and Vincent, but the difference is I think you had better depth there than at DE.

McDougle is out for a minimum of 6 weeks being listed on the PUP. So that is essentially a loss of two experience DE's. I just don't know about that one.

True, but keep in mind we not only have our starters, but have already begun looking into getting backups for the position (perhaps Juqua Thomas was signed with the knowledge that Douglas would be gone). And keep in mind we are pretty much wallowing in cap room after cutting Corey Simon, so we might make a few moves yet. However if Kalu gets his season ended again, or god forbid something happens to Kearse, I agree with you in that we could be in a fair amount of trouble at the position.

Yo_Its_T.O.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Difference between Hugh and the Taylor\Vincent situation is that Lito and Brown were already in training for a few years. Right now McDougle can't play til about week 6 so the only depth we have is from a guy who has been here for about a month and a rookie.

Thanks EAtotheGLE
ok go26

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo_Its_T.O. wrote:
Difference between Hugh and the Taylor\Vincent situation is that Lito and Brown were already in training for a few years. Right now McDougle can't play til about week 6 so the only depth we have is from a guy who has been here for about a month and a rookie.

Yeah, the thing that's most surprising to me about Hugh's departure is that we only have 2 substitutes for the position, both very inexperienced both with the Eagles defense and with playing in the NFL altogether, and they're backing up two players who have proven to be injury prone.

Hopefully we go after someone else with all the cap room we have or we could prove to be in a decent amount of trouble if Kalu or Kearse goes down.

sandtrapjack

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok go26 wrote:
True, but keep in mind we not only have our starters, but have already begun looking into getting backups for the position (perhaps Juqua Thomas was signed with the knowledge that Douglas would be gone). And keep in mind we are pretty much wallowing in cap room after cutting Corey Simon, so we might make a few moves yet. However if Kalu gets his season ended again, or god forbid something happens to Kearse, I agree with you in that we could be in a fair amount of trouble at the position.

I don't know exactly how much Philly saved on the Simon deal in cap room. But when you have your perinial RB in Westbrook trying to work a long term deal, (and going about it in a very professional manner I might add) he has to be thinking some of those cap saving dollars will be coming his way. To say you are "wallowing" in cap space my be a bit of an over statement IMO. Especially now that the season is upon us, retaining Westbrook should be the #1 priority for the Eagles.

T.O. can talk smack all he wants about what he brings to this offense and how valuable he THINKS he is. But next to McNabb, it is my humble opinion that Westbrook is the most valuable piece to the offensive scheme. Eagles need to lock up Westbrook, and some of that money that was saved on the Simon deal will probably be sent his way. If not, then Westbrook will not be an Eagle next year.
ok go26

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that "wallowing" may have been the wrong word to use, but we had cap room before we released Simon, and we have even more... I agree that Westbrook is a vital part of our team, and I think he should get a long term deal, but once he is signed we should still have a sizeable amount left over, even if we do spend some of the money formerly reserved for Mr. Simon on him. A quality backup at defensive end should not cost too much, and I think that we should not only lock up Westbrook, but spend some money on a player a little more proven than Juqua Thomas or Trent Cole.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: