Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1 - Falcons 14, Eagles 10
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ok go26

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That drive is exactly why we need Brian Westbrook.

Oh and BigBen he's probably surprising you just as much as he is me but Vick is playing pretty well this game... granted we got no pressure but that pass to Jenkins on the 1 was nice

"If you've got it, flaunt it. If you don't, flaunt statistics."
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big7BenROY wrote:
I want the Falcons to fall flat on their face this season. Now, that would be hilarious.

Teams based on rushing and defense only fall on their face when Kyle Boller is their QB.

Michael Vick adds an explosive element to that already potent winning formula.

Your evil wish may go unfulfilled this year.

#FreeJoshGordon
Thomas5737 wrote:
In my sexy opinion.
PhillyEaglesIn06

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn Kevin mathis to hell, Labinjo is the reason we lost, how may times did I see him get knocked to the ground while warrick dunn ripped off 20 yard runs. losing trotter sucked and now we're behind dallas and the giants Sad

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trotter isn't the only reason we lost this game. I think it was ridiculous they ejected him for what happened though, football is a rough, passionate game and both these teams are Super Bowl caliber teams so ofcourse things are going to be a little jacked up. But the thing that really pisses me off is Trotter didn't throw a punch. Oh well, this game is in the books, all we can do is move on and pray to god our offense can pick it up. Our defense didn't look too bad, keep in mind we lost our heart and soul prior to the game, but I think they did a decent job, Trotter would have definitly helped though.

I've been telling everybody that if you just give me a chance to put the ball in my hands, I can get the job done. - Brian Westbrook
sandtrapjack

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not think Trotter did enough to warrant that ejection. But he had one thing against him, there was an official right there next to Trotter who witnessed first hand the entire exchange. But I have to admit if you watch the replay that it looks a little like Trotter did TRY and swing on Mathis, but the referee actually blocked the punch. Apparently the referee who was right there saw more than anyone else did and Trotter got ejected.

What happened kind of compounded something I was saying here earlier in the off-season. The Eagles need to be a little careful, I still think they are one injury away from a disappointing season. I don't see championship quality depth at key positions. Eagles lost Trotter for one game, just think if it was an injury and they lost him for 4-6 weeks. What if that hit on McNabb was worse? What happens if McNabb goes down for an extended period of time? Westbrook also, with Buckhalter out it will fall on Lamar Gordon to carry that load. And then there is T.O. what quality depth is there behind Owens with Pinkston already out for the season?

It is just scary what the ramifications could be. The Eagles are one injury away from a disappointing season I think.

They can recover from this week 1 loss, and I do not think this is the last time the Eagles and Falcons square off this year, they may meet in the playoffs again. But even though it is week 1, it has to be a strange feeling to the NFC CHamps to be looking up from the bottom of the NFC East since Dallas. New York and Washington all won thier openers.
SIERK

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If that altercation had happened during the game, most likely that goes as offsetting penalties.

Oh, well.

The best part is that no one got seriously hurt.

The offense has lots of room for improvement. How many times did they shoot themselves in the foot with illegal formations? Those 5 yarders kill drives, especially when they aren't converting 3rd downs. McNabb was inaccurate. The O-Line looked porous (primarily Artis Hicks, it seemed to me). Kearse made no impact whatsoever.

On the positive side, Mike Patterson looked like a player. I thought Shawn Andrews looked good. By the second half, the defense was clicking pretty well. Greg Lewis looked fine when he got the ball his way. T.O. and McNabb were apparently cordial to each other. Westbrook was himself... great on receptions, middling on runs (though that might be the O-Line).

Rookie watch -- thumbs down
Mike Patterson: great game, he and Darwin were the best DTs
Reggie Brown: 1 catch, 7 yards
Matt McCoy: deactivated
Ryan Moats: deactivated
Sean Considine: deactivated
Todd Heremans: deactivated
Trent Cole: 1 tackle
Scott Young: practice squad
Calvin Armstrong: deactivated
Keyonta Marhsall: practice squad
David Bergeron: released
Jeremey Thornburg: deactivated
Stephen Spach: no impact
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys, sorry for the loss. vikes... carolina... eagles... all lose their opening game, what gives?

hope the haters leave you alone on it. you'll prove who you are this coming week.
Shockey1979

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
hey guys, sorry for the loss. vikes... carolina... eagles... all lose their opening game, what gives?

hope the haters leave you alone on it. you'll prove who you are this coming week.

Yep.. they'll take it out on SF Shocked

Sorry but I must enjoy every second of my G-Men in first place with the most points scored in the NFL. It might not last long Embarassed

"A lion roars in the darkness only he holds the key, a light to free me from my burden and grant me life eternally"
CandylandBills

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what killed the eagles, besides the lost of Trotter, was the fact that it looked like McNabb refused to scramble (maybe because he didn't want this matchup to be called between 2 scrambling qbs). But usually when he scrambles it adds a new dimension to the offense and it seems to settle him in the offense.
BTW I was wondering if I am the only person that thinks that Mora jr. pulled a John Chaney- in sending a no-name player like mathis to take out one of the most important players on the other team. The reason is because he didn't seem to upset when the officials told him mathis was gone. And it makes sense to get rid of a guy that would have made their offense anemic. I thought I should just throw this out there (this isn't suppose to offend anyone though).
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it wasn't for missed field goals and penalties. Eagles probably still would have won even with Trotter ejected.

I think this game was just a bad day overall for the Eagles, but I wouldn't be worred about Atlanta in the playoffs.
eagles101

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought if trotter wasnt ejected and they didnt let hall bump TO so much after the 5 yards we would of won.
ok go26

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We still should have won that game, we missed SO MANY OPPORTUNITIES... seemed every time we got going on offense we'd turn it over or have 2 runs for losses and an incomplete pass and have to punt. Plus Akers was extremely unclutch, the playcalling at times was awful (Whatever the hell Madden and Michaels were saying about Hall on Owens was total bullcrap, the pick was because McNabb got hit as he threw, and otherwise Hall seemed incredibly overmatched, if we had thrown it to Owens every single play on every single drive he would have had 5 touchdowns), the O-line was good at times but very inconsistent, awful at run blocking, and gave up some very influential sacks and penetration, Jason Short missed that punt block by an inch (I think Considine would have blocked it), and if Kearse had been able to grab that fumble he could've, and would've, taken it to the house. We should have won this game so many different ways, but let's face it, we choked time and time again. Oh, and if the early game tackling wasn't as sloppy then we may have shut out the Falcons anyway.

The fact that after all that we only lost by 4 shows that we are a better team. Still, frustrating doesn't even begin to describe it in the least.

PhillyEaglesIn06

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there a reason that Ryan Moats did not play? he def would have helped bc Westy had zero power.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhillyEaglesIn06 wrote:
is there a reason that Ryan Moats did not play? he def would have helped bc Westy had zero power.

Idk but using him and Gordon more, especially on inside runs, would have been huge IMO.

goose85

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First play of the game they split westbrook out wide, opened the field up and it looked good. After that i didnt see it again. We beat them with it in the playoffs I dont understand why we didnt work westbrook and the passing game more.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: