Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Getting To Know You
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ctj0215

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm chris, I'm 26 and a grad student at GW. Cant seem to get away from my home town. My family has been season ticket holders since the early 70s and i dont miss games for any reason. I am old enough to remember some of the super bowls very well. My dad and i were in Africa for one of them... he bought a 10 foot satelite dish so that we could get the game and watch it. Pain in the butt... it was so grainy we had to guess when the ball was in the air.

Anyway, i'm just about the biggest psycho fan there is, bleeding burgundy and gold would be an understatement. You guys all sound cool. Keep up the good posts... i dont write so much... but I read EVERYTHING you guys write (along with every other site and article out there).
redskins4life

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda skipped over this thread and didn't pay attention to it. But, it's actually nice to read about some of you fellow Redskins fans. Here's about me:

I've been a fan since I was in 5th grade when I was beginning to dominate Pop Warner as a RB and FS. That year I lost a Super Bowl bet to a Raider fan. I was living in Northern CA then, and I was always butting heads with Raiders and 9ers. However, I did have a lot of good moments during Gibbs' winning days. After Gibbs' tenure though, I've been feeling the pain and frustration of losing.

I've since then moved to Southern CA, and had to deal with a lot of Raider and Cowboy fans. I've lost a lot of dinner and lunch bets to these fans. This year was one year I could brag about my Redskins.

I just have to say that my younger brothers, my wife and 6-year old boy are Redskins, too. Thus, we are Redskins4life!
SuperSkinFan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my first post so I thought it would be proper if I just took the time to introduce myself.

My name is Nick, and I'm a 22 year old recent college graduate living in Southern Maryland (St. Mary's County, if anyone is familiar with it). I've been a die hard Redskins fan all of my life. One of my earliest memories in fact is watching the Monday Night Football game where Theismann's leg got mangled.

Just this past year, I've gotten the opportunity to start attending a bunch of the home games. With my former employer, I ended up with 8 tickets and 2 parking passes to the Steeler's preseason game, the worst of these tickets were the 50 yard line 10 rows deep. It was pretty freakin sweet. Anyways, I look forward to some good discussion about our boys!

RIP Sean Taylor
skinsfanLA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperSkinFan wrote:
This is my first post so I thought it would be proper if I just took the time to introduce myself.

My name is Nick, and I'm a 22 year old recent college graduate living in Southern Maryland (St. Mary's County, if anyone is familiar with it). I've been a die hard Redskins fan all of my life. One of my earliest memories in fact is watching the Monday Night Football game where Theismann's leg got mangled.

Just this past year, I've gotten the opportunity to start attending a bunch of the home games. With my former employer, I ended up with 8 tickets and 2 parking passes to the Steeler's preseason game, the worst of these tickets were the 50 yard line 10 rows deep. It was pretty freakin sweet. Anyways, I look forward to some good discussion about our boys!

Welcome to the site! It's always good to have another fan! How do you like FedEx field? I find that it's a little big, the noise isn't a factor unless its a super exciting game (or unless we are playing Dallas).

Anyway. Good to have you aboard!

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Ahhhh the old "unnamed source". It's been way too long, my very credible friend!
SuperSkinFan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the preseason game I told you about, the seats I ended up sitting in were the Upper Level Luxory Suite tickets (230 dollar face value). It was pretty bad [inappropriate/removed] getting treated like royalty up there. Seriously, me and two of my buddies were sitting at a bar overlooking FedEx Field. We had our own waitress, our own bartender and our own private bathroom. It was absolutely incredible.

I also got to attend the Raiders game and sat in my bosses Club Level ticket, which were just below the Suites that I sat in during the preseason game.

But honestly, a seat is a seat, unless you're in the top of the nose-bleeds. I love the atmosphere of it all. I love the tailgating and the food and the beer and just everything that goes along with it. Such an awesome atmosphere.

Have you heard the rumor though that Dan Snyder wants to tear down RFK and build a new stadium on that land and then blow up FedEx and turn it into a high-end housing developement? Not sure if that one is still on the down low or not.
Campbelltomoss

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn ,I nerver paid attention to this thread.
Anyway ,I am 18 years old I currently live in Falls Church ,VA.I am originally from Morocco I was born in Casablanca but i have moved all over the world(France,Canada) .I have been to Fedex Field about 5 times this year (1 Preseason(Steelers) and 4 season(Bears,Seahawks,Eagles,Cowboys).I speak French,Arabic and English. That is pretty much it!

R.I.P ST 21
skinsfanLA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperSkinFan wrote:
Well the preseason game I told you about, the seats I ended up sitting in were the Upper Level Luxory Suite tickets (230 dollar face value). It was pretty bad - getting treated like royalty up there. Seriously, me and two of my buddies were sitting at a bar overlooking FedEx Field. We had our own waitress, our own bartender and our own private bathroom. It was absolutely incredible.

I also got to attend the Raiders game and sat in my bosses Club Level ticket, which were just below the Suites that I sat in during the preseason game.

But honestly, a seat is a seat, unless you're in the top of the nose-bleeds. I love the atmosphere of it all. I love the tailgating and the food and the beer and just everything that goes along with it. Such an awesome atmosphere.

Have you heard the rumor though that Dan Snyder wants to tear down RFK and build a new stadium on that land and then blow up FedEx and turn it into a high-end housing developement? Not sure if that one is still on the down low or not.

The luxury boxes are pretty nice, I have been in one, they are sweet.

I have not heard about Danny's plan, but I would not put it past him.

***side note*** SuperSkins, I was informed that you used to have a sig/avatar that were too big, I made on for you if you want to use them. I liked the Idea of using the Superman S, so feel free to use these:

Code:
[IMG]http://img308.imageshack.us/img308/413/ssf5kc.jpg[/IMG]

Signature:

Code:
[IMG]http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/5066/superskins0wo.jpg[/IMG]

Any other Skins fan that wants a sig/avatar PM me. I can hook it up. I find it more fun to make them for the Redskins than anyone else!

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Ahhhh the old "unnamed source". It's been way too long, my very credible friend!
SuperSkinFan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow man, that is awesome! Thank you so much. Yeah, I had made one that was a tad two tall, like 150 or something. But those totally trounce anything I could come up with at work. (no photoshop Sad ) But I really appreciate it, thanks alot man.
skinsfanLA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuperSkinFan wrote:
Wow man, that is awesome! Thank you so much. Yeah, I had made one that was a tad two tall, like 150 or something. But those totally trounce anything I could come up with at work. (no photoshop Sad ) But I really appreciate it, thanks alot man.

No Problem. Glad you like them! I was informed by another mod that you had to delete yours so I figured I'd hit you up with one.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
SuperSkinFan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skinsfanLA wrote:
SuperSkinFan wrote:

you got it backwards my man, the one you posted in your avatar area needs to go into the Signature section of your profile. The Avatar can't be more than 80x80 pix.

I think she works now. Ctrl button doesn't always work on this keyboard either. Laughing Thanks again!

RIP Sean Taylor
skinsfanLA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redskins4life wrote:
I kinda skipped over this thread and didn't pay attention to it. But, it's actually nice to read about some of you fellow Redskins fans. Here's about me:

I've been a fan since I was in 5th grade when I was beginning to dominate Pop Warner as a RB and FS. That year I lost a Super Bowl bet to a Raider fan. I was living in Northern CA then, and I was always butting heads with Raiders and 9ers. However, I did have a lot of good moments during Gibbs' winning days. After Gibbs' tenure though, I've been feeling the pain and frustration of losing.

I've since then moved to Southern CA, and had to deal with a lot of Raider and Cowboy fans. I've lost a lot of dinner and lunch bets to these fans. This year was one year I could brag about my Redskins.

I just have to say that my younger brothers, my wife and 6-year old boy are Redskins, too. Thus, we are Redskins4life!

Where in SoCal do you live? I have found the best place in the world to watch Skins games if you live in LA it's a bar in Culver City called Joxer Daily. It's AMAZING. There are 40-100 Skins fans there each week. We sing Hail to the Redskins after every touchdown. It's as close to being at RFK/FedEx as you can get here in Cali.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Slappy Mc

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. I never looked at this thread either lol. My name is Steven. I am 16 and I live ON (not in) Orcas Island, Wa. I play for the Orcas Island Vikings. I have been a Skins fan forever. I grew up hearing stories about Art Monk, Darrell Green, Russ Grimm, Dexter Manley, (Ricky Sanders, Timmy Smith, Doug Williams in Super Bowl 22). My dad is a big Redskin fan. Although I have never been to DC I love the Skins and everything about it. I grew up watching LaVar and I am devastated to see that he is gone. I always will love the Washington Redskins and will continue to root for them over the Sea-chickens.

Last edited by Slappy Mc on Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:38 am; edited 1 time in total
redskins4life

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where in SoCal do you live? I have found the best place in the world to watch Skins games if you live in LA it's a bar in Culver City called Joxer Daily. It's AMAZING. There are 40-100 Skins fans there each week. We sing Hail to the Redskins after every touchdown. It's as close to being at RFK/FedEx as you can get here in Cali.[/quote]

Inland Empire, an hour east of LA. I will definitely go to Joxer Daily this season, especially when we play the Cowboys. Thanks for the info!
skinsfanLA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redskins4life wrote:
skinsfanLA wrote:
Where in SoCal do you live? I have found the best place in the world to watch Skins games if you live in LA it's a bar in Culver City called Joxer Daily. It's AMAZING. There are 40-100 Skins fans there each week. We sing Hail to the Redskins after every touchdown. It's as close to being at RFK/FedEx as you can get here in Cali.

Inland Empire, an hour east of LA. I will definitely go to Joxer Daily this season, especially when we play the Cowboys. Thanks for the info!

It was an amazing place to be for the Cowboys games this year. The monday night game was about as good as I have ever seen! I'll hit you up with more info about the bar as the season gets closer!

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

*delurks*

I've been stopping by every so often, just seeing what is going on. Of late, I've noticed the "every so often" is really "multiple times a day." Very Happy So, I figured I'd at least create an account so I could respond instead of just perusing the messages and talking/yelling at the screen.

Woz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 3 of 30

Jump to: