Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rumor: Decker deciding between Redskins & Raiders
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:54 pm    Post subject: Rumor: Decker deciding between Redskins & Raiders Reply with quote

http://alloverthehill.com/2014/02/20/redskins-interested-eric-decker/?utm_source=FanSided+Daily&utm_medium=email

It's being reported that Decker is deciding between the Redskins and Raiders.

Quote:
It has been reported that Decker is deciding between the Redskins and Oakland Raiders. Both teams have large salary cap space as Washington has over 20 million to work with. Finally, although the contract may be pricy, Decker is well worth the Washington Redskins’ money. Will Washington turn back to their old ways, and approach free agency aggressively or remain conservative? Only time will tell.

I guess well find out, at this point I can't find anything official on it so I'd classify this as a "rumor"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lavar703

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I don't think this will happen. Bruce is far from a moron and even when we had money we spent intelligently under his watch. I expect some bargain deals and one major deal, possibly Byrd, Houston or Hardy.

RIP Sean Taylor "Forever a Redskin"
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Yeah I don't think this will happen. Bruce is far from a moron and even when we had money we spent intelligently under his watch. I expect some bargain deals and one major deal, possibly Byrd, Houston or Hardy.

Oakland may just save us .. We can't bid with them--They have like $60 mill to spend ..!!
Marcus21

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

Oakland may just save us .. We can't bid with them--They have like $60 mill to spend ..!!

There is no doubt Decker would be an upgrade, and Im sure Gruden wants to add to our dismal Wr corp. That being said, I dont want to blow half of our cap space on a WR!! It will be at least 10 mill a year to get Decker with a huge chunk of guarenteed money!! We have way to many holes on D and Oline to spend that money!! I realize it hard to argue with the production Deck has...with and without Manning! I just hope we go a differrent direction!!! Hopefully he loves the west coast!!
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

There is no doubt Decker would be an upgrade, and Im sure Gruden wants to add to our dismal Wr corp. That being said, I dont want to blow half of our cap space on a WR!! It will be at least 10 mill a year to get Decker with a huge chunk of guarenteed money!! We have way to many holes on D and Oline to spend that money!! I realize it hard to argue with the production Deck has...with and without Manning! I just hope we go a differrent direction!!! Hopefully he loves the west coast!!
Yeah, I definitely agree but we've all talked about Gruden and his love for those bigger more physical Wrs.

They could have a plan to re-sign our guys, sign an upgrade like Decker at WR, find some bargains in FA for the DL, ILB and secondary and then focus the draft on getting the upgrades for the defense and OL.

Kinda like what I've been saying.

Re-sign our free agents. Get the good veteran WR for RG3, then focus the draft mostly on the defense and OL.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DCRED

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

Yeah, I definitely agree but we've all talked about Gruden and his love for those bigger more physical Wrs.

They could have a plan to re-sign our guys, sign an upgrade like Decker at WR, find some bargains in FA for the DL, ILB and secondary and then focus the draft on getting the upgrades for the defense and OL.

Kinda like what I've been saying.

Re-sign our free agents. Get the good veteran WR for RG3, then focus the draft mostly on the defense and OL.

I would love it, as long as we got a late (4th or later) round WR in the draft too
If money is close, I don't see how he goes to the Raiders with their ??????????????? at QB. But I thought he would stay in Denver anyway...

Awesome sigs by mike23md
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im going to disagree a bit here. Decker is by far the best wide receiver available in free agency. He's 26, great height and acceptbale speed, but what distinguishes him is his excellent route running, smart, and great hands. He is the perfect compliment to Garcon.

We all know that drafting wide receivers in the draft is a crap shoot. We have failed miserably so many times with very high picks. The risk of failure is lower in the draft getting guys in the trenches or pass rushers. So sign him and draft for DL, OL (exceptionally deep draft), LB, DB

If we can get him for a 5 year deal for 50M and 25 guarenteed, I'd do it. But there is a ripple effect: RAK may walk and we have to resign Jackson and either Jenkins comes through or we draft a new OLB, No to Byrd, but we could still afford Mitchell at safety and pick up a Swartz for the OL and some depth players and nort blow all of our money.

I see this as really a choice between Decker and RAK and who will help us win more. Sorry RAK, it hasn't been you. Really Good player who thinks he is way better than he is.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't even think teams were allowed to talk to free agents yet? So how could he honestly be deciding between anything right now?

Redskins FFMD War Room
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=541707
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
I didn't even think teams were allowed to talk to free agents yet? So how could he honestly be deciding between anything right now?

agents have been talking to teams for weeks under the radar. Gotta read L. Steinberg's book. He tells all and really a fascinating read
Monk HOF

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather spend that type of money on Greg Hardy. As far as a wide receiver I wouldn't mind signing Emmanuel Sanders which wouldn't be a bad 2nd option to Decker at a lesser cost.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
Im going to disagree a bit here. Decker is by far the best wide receiver available in free agency. He's 26, great height and acceptbale speed, but what distinguishes him is his excellent route running, smart, and great hands. He is the perfect compliment to Garcon.

We all know that drafting wide receivers in the draft is a crap shoot. We have failed miserably so many times with very high picks. The risk of failure is lower in the draft getting guys in the trenches or pass rushers. So sign him and draft for DL, OL (exceptionally deep draft), LB, DB

If we can get him for a 5 year deal for 50M and 25 guarenteed, I'd do it. But there is a ripple effect: RAK may walk and we have to resign Jackson and either Jenkins comes through or we draft a new OLB, No to Byrd, but we could still afford Mitchell at safety and pick up a Swartz for the OL and some depth players and nort blow all of our money.

I see this as really a choice between Decker and RAK and who will help us win more. Sorry RAK, it hasn't been you. Really Good player who thinks he is way better than he is.
Theres no reason why we can't franchise or sign Rak and Decker.

Sure it will take up 1/2 of our cap, but when all is said and done after cuts I expect us to be at 40 million in cap space.

Franchise Rak = 11 million

Sign Decker to a garçon type deal. The first years cap # is lower at 4.7million

Sign Riley to a deal paying him around 5 million a year

Then re-sign Meriweather and Baker and go bargain hunting on defense and OL in FA but focus on that in the draft.

To me the signing of Decker would be the difference between signing him and another high profile free agent like Jarius Byrd. It's either one or the other there but it shouldn't affect Orakpo.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monk HOF wrote:
I would rather spend that type of money on Greg Hardy. As far as a wide receiver I wouldn't mind signing Emmanuel Sanders which wouldn't be a bad 2nd option to Decker at a lesser cost.
We don't run a 4-3 Hardy would look like Andre Carter in our 3-4 system
MKnight82

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Monk HOF wrote:
We don't run a 4-3 Hardy would look like Andre Carter in our 3-4 system
Actually, Hardy is listed as 6'4" 290 lbs. He's got the size to play DE in a 3-4.

Redskins FFMD War Room
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=541707
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monk HOF wrote:

He's a 4-3 guy though --Can he play DE in a 3-4.. Darn expensive to find out !!
Monk HOF

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I listened to Jim Haslett's interview with Larry Michaels, Haslett said they were in the nickel 4-3 62% of the time. Either way Greg Hardy would be a very welcomed addition for our pass rush.

Last edited by Monk HOF on Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: