Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Karlos Williams

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jarlmaster47

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:52 am    Post subject: Karlos Williams Reply with quote

Redskins should get Karlos Williams. He just got cut by the Bills. Sure he's out of shape and overweight but I'm sure we could work on that. He's got talent and we could use another RB. I bet we could get him cheap too. Thoughts?
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that you shouldn't have started this thread, but this is being discussed in two other threads. The Running game thread and the Training Camp thread.

I think it's a wait and see on Williams, he's suspended for 4 games and there are other running backs on 4 or 5 teams that are going to be released in the next two weeks that we may sign that aren't out of shape and aren't suspended.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
jarlmaster47

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't realize he was suspended. That's a big red flag for sure.
Slateman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign him up. Make him run suicides through the suspension.
jarlmaster47

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slateman wrote:

That's what I'm thinking. Slim him down, make him work, and get a nice RB for when his suspension is over. He could help us out.
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Players can practice or be at the facility when they are suspended

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mike23md

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jarlmaster47 wrote:
Slateman wrote:

That's what I'm thinking. Slim him down, make him work, and get a nice RB for when his suspension is over. He could help us out.

We need a RB now though. By the time his suspension is over, its likely that Jones is on the field.

I seriously think that we need to look at some of the guys that are stashed on rosters and try to trade for one from a team that is RB heavy.

Mistake #1: Letting Alfred Morris go. No one's perfect, but the fact that we didnt even consider signing him back was a huge mistake. He wasn't going to ask for a huge contract and we could have afforded him to run a 2 headed running game. Now we have NO running game at all with an injury to the feature back that has him sidelined.

Don't want to sign Pierre Thomas. I think in time Marshall might show some flash.

Just an FYI, Roy Helu is a free agent as is Stevan Ridley. Two guys I would much rather have over Karlos Williams.

2017 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
jarlmaster47 wrote:
Slateman wrote:

We need a RB now though. By the time his suspension is over, its likely that Jones is on the field.

I seriously think that we need to look at some of the guys that are stashed on rosters and try to trade for one from a team that is RB heavy.

Mistake #1: Letting Alfred Morris go. No one's perfect, but the fact that we didnt even consider signing him back was a huge mistake. He wasn't going to ask for a huge contract and we could have afforded him to run a 2 headed running game. Now we have NO running game at all with an injury to the feature back that has him sidelined.

Don't want to sign Pierre Thomas. I think in time Marshall might show some flash.

Just an FYI, Roy Helu is a free agent as is Stevan Ridley. Two guys I would much rather have over Karlos Williams.

I feel much better about our running game now that we have a NFL center on our roster in Stork. Morris couldn't run nor can anyone when you get hit 3 years behind the line of scrimmage. I bet we do pick up a RB for depth either a cut or Pierre.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: