Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Redskins Good enough for 10-6 Team, Except
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 11:52 am    Post subject: Redskins Good enough for 10-6 Team, Except Reply with quote

Safeties C+, Corners B, ILB's C, OLBs B, D-line C+ or B
O-line C+, Running Backs B, Wideouts B, T E's B-, QB's D+
Special Teams ,,impossible to grade at this point.
Overall rating = B-

We could be 10-6 with the roster we have except the QB deficiency.
If we had a top veteran with like an A- rating. We could be 10-6. Overall rating would be a B or B+ considering more weight given the QB position..
By no means is this a Q B debate .. Just facts as I see them.
Discussion is slowing down since the Draft . All opinions welcome Exclamation
tyler735

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what you meant to say is we greatly improved the defense this offseason via Free Agency/Draft, and added some much needed talent to the OL that will finally allow us to see if we truly do have a QB deficiency. In other words whoever is playing QB will finally be able to focus more on passing instead of having the pocket collapse on them every other play, which will allow for a better gauge on if they have what it takes to be a quality NFL starter.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
I think what you meant to say is we greatly improved the defense this offseason via Free Agency/Draft, and added some much needed talent to the OL that will finally allow us to see if we truly do have a QB deficiency. In other words whoever is playing QB will finally be able to focus more on passing instead of having the pocket collapse on them every other play, which will allow for a better gauge on if they have what it takes to be a quality NFL starter.

No, I've actually seen enough--plays when they did have time ,,and the results .. All 3 have severe flaws.
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Redskins Good enough for 10-6 Team, Except Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Overall rating = B-

If we had a top veteran with like an A- rating. We could be 10-6. Overall rating would be a B or B+ considering more weight given the QB position..

Hahaha. You have to love us Redskins fans. Give us a crumb of hope and we will buy those season tickets endlessly. Seriously, we are four months into a major teardown and rebuild. New GM, a lot of new coaches, a change in systems and a lot of new players. We have made a solid start, but lets not set a bar that is not reasonable. This is my take on your assessment based upon results not potential:

Safeties C+, No way. This is a very weak position with castoff's and some young special teams type players. This is the weakest position on the team and I give it an F

Corners B- I like Breeland but he is at most a B and Culliver is new. The rest are at best average players and that's being generous. Grade C

ILB's C, Ok now we are in agreement

OLBs B, again in agreement, but we don't have a killer at pass rush, someone who will compliment Kerrigan (A) and will be feared., Murphy (B)is a solid player and Smith is a rookie. The rest are bad. Being generous I would go B but probably a B- of C+

D-line C+ or B- Potroast is the only above average player and he is on a one year rental agreement. Hatcher had 1 year in Dallas where he was above average (isn't it funny when people are in their contract year they do better). The others are limited. Grade C

O-line C+, We have only 1 consensus starter on the OL, Williams. Lauvao has some skill but lowly Cleveland let him go. Licht is a TE playing center (smart, but would be a backup on at least 20 of the other 32 teams), and Scherff is a rookie. Long unknown, Chester is a known horrible player. Grade D

Running Backs B- agree

Wideouts B, agree

T E's B-, injury prone starter who has skill but I don't think he has played 6 straight games at any point in college of the pro's without being injured. Paul can't block with a damn and Paulsen is a try hard guy who is very limited. Grade D

QB's Incomplete- RG has skill as does Cousins. But I don't care who you are if your line sucks and your coach calls the most predictable plays you will look bad. I actually think RG will do much better this year, but only if Gruden either calls more runs, uses RG skills better on rollouts or gives the playcalling to Callahan

Special Teams ,,impossible to grade at this point. agree

Overall rating = C-

I like the way we have started, but the probability is this will be a learning season with the high turnover of roster and coaches and we are probably a a 5 win team. It ok though because you don't live in your house when it is being build, you wait for it to be finished. And give us 3 more years and we have a real chance.
tyler735

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
tyler735 wrote:

No, I've actually seen enough--plays when they did have time ,,and the results .. All 3 have severe flaws.

Nah having a consistent pocket isn't something we've had the past several years now. Being able to trust your OL without constantly worrying about the pocket collapsing will allow the QB's to be more confident in keeping eyes down field and not getting happy feet in the pocket, so no none of us have seen how the QB's will play with a solid line yet.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Redskins Good enough for 10-6 Team, Except Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
Overall rating = B-

Hahaha. You have to love us Redskins fans. Give us a crumb of hope and we will buy those season tickets endlessly. Seriously, we are four months into a major teardown and rebuild. New GM, a lot of new coaches, a change in systems and a lot of new players. We have made a solid start, but lets not set a bar that is not reasonable. This is my take on your assessment based upon results not potential:

Safeties C+, No way. This is a very weak position with castoff's and some young special teams type players. This is the weakest position on the team and I give it an F

Corners B- I like Breeland but he is at most a B and Culliver is new. The rest are at best average players and that's being generous. Grade C

OLBs B, again in agreement, but we don't have a killer at pass rush, someone who will compliment Kerrigan (A) and will be feared., Murphy (B)is a solid player and Smith is a rookie. The rest are bad. Being generous I would go B but probably a B- of C+

D-line C+ or B- Potroast is the only above average player and he is on a one year rental agreement. Hatcher had 1 year in Dallas where he was above average (isn't it funny when people are in their contract year they do better). The others are limited. Grade C

O-line C+, We have only 1 consensus starter on the OL, Williams. Lauvao has some skill but lowly Cleveland let him go. Licht is a TE playing center (smart, but would be a backup on at least 20 of the other 32 teams), and Scherff is a rookie. Long unknown, Chester is a known horrible player. Grade D

Running Backs B- agree

Wideouts B, agree

T E's B-, injury prone starter who has skill but I don't think he has played 6 straight games at any point in college of the pro's without being injured. Paul can't block with a damn and Paulsen is a try hard guy who is very limited. Grade D

QB's Incomplete- RG has skill as does Cousins. But I don't care who you are if your line sucks and your coach calls the most predictable plays you will look bad. I actually think RG will do much better this year, but only if Gruden either calls more runs, uses RG skills better on rollouts or gives the playcalling to Callahan

Overall rating = C-

I like the way we have started, but the probability is this will be a learning season with the high turnover of roster and coaches and we are probably a a 5 win team. It ok though because you don't live in your house when it is being build, you wait for it to be finished. And give us 3 more years and we have a real chance.

OK, very thoughtful insightful write-up. I enjoyed the read .
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
tyler735 wrote:

Nah having a consistent pocket isn't something we've had the past several years now. Being able to trust your OL without constantly worrying about the pocket collapsing will allow the QB's to be more confident in keeping eyes down field and not getting happy feet in the pocket, so no none of us have seen how the QB's will play with a solid line yet.

O K,, benefit of the doubt. Good point.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P S-- I actually think we are as good as Green Bay ( personnel wise ), but we don't have Rodgers.
OH and before an astute poster points this out,,I guess Head Coach D+,,C-,,somewhere in there ..

Last edited by RSkinGM on Thu May 07, 2015 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
P S-- I actually think we are as good as Green Bay ( personnel wise ), but we don't have Rodgers.
Only one team has Rodgers last time I checked and our current GM passed on Rodgers as did Joe Gibbs/Cerrato in 2005.

So, because we don't have much to talk about to minicamp, we must continue to beat the horse to death on the issue?

I find it ironic that you says you don't want this to be a qb thread but you spend half of your OP talking about the problems with QB.

Color me surprised... Shocked

I'm more in line with Tyler here. I think now that we have some more pieces on the OL, we have what appear to be some better coaches on defense and some better and younger players sprinkled throughout our defense that we will be better and our qbs should play better as well. The devil is in the details though, right now it's hard to project.

I could easily see this team winning 9 or 10 games or having the reverse record. I find it hard to believe the Redskins are going to be as bad as they were in 2013 & 14 given the upgrades they've made to the DL & Secondary.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vegas post draft updated odds on Redskins:

Winning the NFC- 75-1, the lowest as Tampa Bay is 60-1

Winning the Super Bowl- 125-1 with Jacksonville at 250-1 and Tenn at 200-1

Reality sucks
zeebs

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
OH and before an astute poster points this out,,I guess Head Coach D+,,C-,,somewhere in there ..

How can you compare Joe Barry to the personnel over in Green Bay?
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zeebs wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

How can you compare Joe Barry to the personnel over in Green Bay?

well-- I wasn't including coaches in my thought ..Just the roster of players.
th3victors

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Redskins Good enough for 10-6 Team, Except Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
Overall rating = B-

Running Backs B- agree

Wideouts B, agree

Overall rating = C-

This one hundred times over. we still aren't that close to being serious contenders. Would we be closer if we had A- qb play? Yes, but thats why we mortgaged our future for omeone we thought was the guy. There are only a handful of A- qb's in the NFL. If we put Alex Smith on this team would we make the playoffs? MYABE, but I doubt it.

QB's are a dime a dozen and league average is by no means A-. Here is the list of QB's that would make us playoff teams: Andrew Luck, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Brees, and Big Ben. Guys that put us around playoff contention: maybe Cam, Rivers, and Romo (hate to write that)
TKellion

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

10-6 Laughing come on man.I will leave the QB position alone(since it gets beaten like a dead horse around here)and say its all about the oline and DBs.If the top 5 linemen starting for us include Leakingturnstyle,Chester and Lauvau then I see little or no improvement on last seasons record and it may get worse before it gets better.If our safety play doesnt improve from recent seasons then we will be just as bad as last season.I am sticking with my prediction of 1-15 until they win 2 games. Twisted Evil
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TKellion wrote:
10-6 Laughing come on man.I will leave the QB position alone(since it gets beaten like a dead horse around here)and say its all about the oline and DBs.If the top 5 linemen starting for us include Leakingturnstyle,Chester and Lauvau then I see little or no improvement on last seasons record and it may get worse before it gets better.If our safety play doesnt improve from recent seasons then we will be just as bad as last season.I am sticking with my prediction of 1-15 until they win 2 games. Twisted Evil

Lol
The big question for me is will the second win happen before or after the bye week.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: