Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

CFL: Duron Carter visiting the redskins (Chris Carter son)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dashing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:45 pm    Post subject: CFL: Duron Carter visiting the redskins (Chris Carter son) Reply with quote

John Keim ‏@john_keim 5m5 minutes ago
CFL wr duron carter told Minnesota reporters today he plans on visiting Washington. Per @GoesslingESPN and rest of Vikings reporters

Idk if this is thread worthy but hes 6'5 with long frames....thoughts??

EDIT:http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=MXnNhB5AUtQ

Scott always said he loves having big men and this cat is tall and pretty fast.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Busted at Ohio State after being ruled ineligible but apparently has had a good career so far for Montreal.

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2014/09/former_ohio_state_qb_troy_smit.html

Quote:
"I've thrown to a lot of receivers, but I have never thrown to a guy as tall as he is and as rangy as he is that can do the small things as well as he can," Smith told cleveland.com. "When I say the small things, I mean screens, the shallows, the out-and-ups – he does everything a Ginn Jr. can do, an Anthony Gonzalez can do, as well as a Calvin Johnson or a Larry Fitzgerald or an A.J. Green.

"He adds a different portion to the game that definitely needs to be seen on Sundays."

"I talked to him about it a little bit, and you can tell it hurts," Smith said. "You know, he's from (Ohio), born in Columbus. He wanted to do it for his hometown just like his dad did. When it didn't workout, it touched him."

"Every NFL team should be after Cris Carter's son," Popp said. "He's got every measurable. He's fast, 6-4, can be a punt returner in the NFL with his size, can run with the ball, has got tremendous body control. He is phenomenal. He can't finish in the CFL season then go to NFL in 2014, but teams could sign him to a futures deal for 2015."

http://blog.startribune.com/sports/access-vikings/duron-carter-i-would-say-minnesota-is-probably-my-front-runner

Seems he wants to play where his dad has the most success in his career. Minnesota is his front runner.

Quote:
“It went really well,” said Carter, the 23-year-old son of Vikings Hall of Fame receiver Cris Carter. “I met everybody and it looked really good. I like Minnesota, I like the facilities, I like the coaches and everything. It seems like things are looking up. I would say Minnesota is probably my front-runner right now.”

Carter had already worked out for Tampa Bay, Indianapolis and Kansas City. He said he hasn’t ruled them out and plans to continue his tour of NFL teams with visits to Cleveland, Carolina, San Francisco and Washington. He said Cleveland is scheduled for next Friday, while Carolina could be as early as next week depending on the outcome of the Panthers’ playoff game at Seattle on Saturday.

Carter, who caught 75 passes for 1,030 yards and seven touchdowns for the Montreal Alouettes this season, can’t sign with an NFL team until Feb. 10. That’s the date that CFL players entering their option years are able to jump to the NFL.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/1/8/7514631/49ers-duron-carter-workout-planned

49ers may work him out also.

I have to say, if in Carter, I don't come to the skins over Minnesota, San Fran, Carolina, and Cleveland because those teams need wrs more than the Skins. Carter isn't going to beat out Garçon for the starting spot and probably not Roberts for #3 or Grant for #4.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG

Last edited by turtle28 on Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dashing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree but we could give him more money than those teams.

Itd be nice if we got him but looking at the interview from scot he really likes tall wide outs .
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:

Itd be nice if we got him but looking at the interview from scot he really likes tall wide outs .
Yeah, just throw more money around? We aren't that franchise anymore, sorry.

Don't flip flop man. Don't get so exited about the GM coming in who's going to build like Allen had been through the draft and with affordable free agency's (but with a better eye for talent than Allen) and then say you want to throw more $$ at free agents like Dan Snyder would to ensure we get them. Confused

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dashing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Dashing wrote:

Don't flip flop man. Don't get so exited about the GM coming in who's going to build like Allen had been through the draft and with affordable free agency's (but with a better eye for talent than Allen) and then say you want to throw more $$ at free agents like Dan Snyder would to ensure we get them. Confused

Well turtle he is 23 going 24 he has traits to be a good nfl player and he is asking for just a three year 100,000 dollar deal thats penny's to danny.

Fact is you gotta see it this way Garcon probably wont be here this uear or next year while Jackson will be 30 in two years and who knows if his speed declines.

I dont want free agents unless this year is on the OL or players that can help period even if it ment getting Suh.

I im scot im trade garcon and draft Cooper while the year after we cpuld get rid of jackson and roberts and by that time have Ryan Grant or I hope Carter and we would have a 6/7 year plan instead of two or three like the past skins players.

I know it sounds foolish but it isn't we need players to develop even if its CFL/ or undrafted guys.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Dashing wrote:

Well turtle he is 23 going 24 he has traits to be a good nfl player and he is asking for just a three year 100,000 dollar deal thats penny's to danny.

Fact is you gotta see it this way Garcon probably wont be here this uear or next year while Jackson will be 30 in two years and who knows if his speed declines.

I dont want free agents unless this year is on the OL or players that can help period even if it ment getting Suh.

I im scot im trade garcon and draft Cooper while the year after we cpuld get rid of jackson and roberts and by that time have Ryan Grant or I hope Carter and we would have a 6/7 year plan instead of two or three like the past skins players.

I know it sounds foolish but it isn't we need players to develop even if its CFL/ or undrafted guys.
I'll believe it when I see it. I don't believe we're going to trade garçon because he's not a potable off the field and we aren't going to get what you think. I don't think Carter will come here because the other teams are better options for him.

21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say if we can get him, do what you can to get him. He may actually be the guy we where hoping Hankerson could be.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody gave Chris Carter a second chance and he turned out to be a hall of famer. We should give him a chance he has the size which we don't have in our receivers or TE's for that matter. He is about 6'4 if I am right we don't have that type of receiving threat on our roster. Am I saying he is going to be a hall of famer but no way am I saying that. He has the ability to be a diamond in the rough that needs to be uncovered so why not us.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legend_Kenny wrote:
Somebody gave Chris Carter a second chance and he turned out to be a hall of famer. We should give him a chance he has the size which we don't have in our receivers or TE's for that matter. He is about 6'4 if I am right we don't have that type of receiving threat on our roster. Am I saying he is going to be a hall of famer but no way am I saying that. He has the ability to be a diamond in the rough that needs to be uncovered so why not us.
I agree, in just not sure he'll come here seeing that we have Garcon, DJax, Roberts, Grant and possibly Hank back. All the other teams have less competition at WR and Minny is where his dad revived his career, I think that will draw him to Minny.

TKellion

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Legend_Kenny wrote:
I agree, in just not sure he'll come here seeing that we have Garcon, DJax, Roberts, Grant and possibly Hank back. All the other teams have less competition at WR and Minny is where his dad revived his career, I think that will draw him to Minny.
If he cant beat out Roberts,Grant and Hankerson then we are not missing out on anything Twisted Evil
Dashing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Legend_Kenny wrote:

Carolina is the best fit he argubly could be the starter with that wrak wr core. The Vikings have a good chance too thr browns I dount it.

What we do offer is a good GM ( I assume) and could tell him in a year or so he can start and contribute.

Depends what we offer he has alot of talent and he is tall thats ehy its best we start out fresh in the wr core but its what gruden can tell him of the future.
Dashing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TKellion wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Legend_Kenny wrote:
If he cant beat out Roberts,Grant and Hankerson then we are not missing out on anything Twisted Evil

Excatly he already has an advantage with height he easily could be in endzone situation I promiase u Scot takes a good look at him he loves guys that are tall.
Dashing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TKellion wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Legend_Kenny wrote:

Excatly he already has an advantage with height he easily could be in endzone situation I promiase u Scot takes a good look at him he loves guys that are tall.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TKellion wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Legend_Kenny wrote:
I'm not saying he can't but given that we have Roberts & Grant and the other teams don't have WR depth he'll likely go there instead.

turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
TKellion wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Legend_Kenny wrote:

Most of his WRs he drafted weren't tall though.... Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: