Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Senior Bowl Practice
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monk HOF

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:56 pm    Post subject: Senior Bowl Practice Reply with quote

Guys who I thought looked good and who we might be interested in.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jack Allen
Nick Martin
Braxton Miller
Reggie Ragland
Jarran Reed

Will try to update as the week goes on.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Senior Bowl Practice Reply with quote

Monk HOF wrote:
Jack Allen
Nick Martin
Braxton Miller
Reggie Ragland
Jarran Reed

Two centers, an ILB and a NT! I like it.

Braxton Miller is going to be a good player. OSU underutilized Miller last year, he needed more touches.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mlindst867

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Senior Bowl Practice Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Monk HOF wrote:
Jack Allen
Nick Martin
Braxton Miller
Reggie Ragland
Jarran Reed

Braxton Miller is going to be a good player. OSU underutilized Miller last year, he needed more touches.
When do you think Braxton Miller will be drafted? The predictions are all over the place I've seen him mocked from the 2nd round to the 6th.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Senior Bowl Practice Reply with quote

mlindst867 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Monk HOF wrote:
Jack Allen
Nick Martin
Braxton Miller
Reggie Ragland
Jarran Reed

When do you think Braxton Miller will be drafted? The predictions are all over the place I've seen him mocked from the 2nd round to the 6th.

^ Thats going in the 2nd.

Trinidad: Where a man is born a man. Not a PC wimp.. HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: Senior Bowl Practice Reply with quote

mlindst867 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Monk HOF wrote:
Jack Allen
Nick Martin
Braxton Miller
Reggie Ragland
Jarran Reed

3rd or early 4th. He's a tremendous athlete, but he needs a lot of work as a wide receiver.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Senior Bowl Day 1: Defensive back Deiondre’ Hall makes a big impression http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/01/26/senior-bowl-day-1-deiondre-hall via SInow

Senior Bowl North Notebook: All-American still has 'something to prove' http://s.al.com/0AbdVCD

turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some real work gets done during Senior Bowl week

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/27/some-real-work-gets-done-during-senior-bowl-week/ via @ProFootballTalk

The following 3 tweets are from: @MattBowen41 Senior Bowl: Illinois DE Jihad Ward (6-5, 295) has power & athleticism on the edge. He can get home to the QB.

Senior Bowl: ND State QB Carson Wentz can get the ball outside the numbers all day. Deep out & comeback. Pro arm strength.

Senior Bowl: Iowa C/OG Austin Blythe has the footwork & technique to battle inside. Strong hands at point of attack.

turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@dpbrugler South DL dominating today's practice, led by Rankins, Reader and Spence. Fun group to watch. #SeniorBowl

ripsean21

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
@dpbrugler South DL dominating today's practice, led by Rankins, Reader and Spence. Fun group to watch. #SeniorBowl

Rankins is legit. Hasn't been talked about alot but Jeremiah's first mock had us picking him and that would be a awsome DE selection. He could play nose on a passing down in a sub package where they put Kerrigan and Smith as down lineman like we did alot last year. Very high on Rankins!

Thanks Mike23md for the sig!!!
Adopt a Redskin Matt Jones- 63 carries- 249 rush yards- 3 rush TD's- 7 receptions- 62 reception yards- 0 reception TD's Too many fumbles!!!!
Monk HOF

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

I like Rankins a lot as well. Unbelievably quick for his size. DJ Reader is massive and athletic and expected to go Day 3 of the draft.
Noah Spence don't know too well but had pretty serious drug issues but excelling at the practice.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monk HOF wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

I like Rankins a lot as well. Unbelievably quick for his size. DJ Reader is massive and athletic and expected to go Day 3 of the draft.
Noah Spence don't know too well but had pretty serious drug issues but excelling at the practice.
Reader may work his way up to late round 2 or round 3 at worst. I heard he was incredibly strong and might be the strongest guy in the draft.

Spence was a stud at Ohio state before his drug problems. If he's solved his drug issues - which its been reported he has over the last year - he'll have a good and long career in the NFL.

Last edited by turtle28 on Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total
mlindst867

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few guys that stood out to me today

1. Sheldon Rankins, DE- Rankins quickness and technique stood out as he repeatedly burned o-linemen in one on one drills. Demonstrated active, violent hands and a nasty spin move to rush the passer.

2. Graham Glasgow, C/G- A later round prospect that has experience at guard and center he stood out in one on one drills with his ability to anchor and smother defensive linemen looks like a sleeper that could provide depth to start and develop into a starter.

3. Braxton Miller, WR- Miller was phenomenal on Wednesday with crisp routes and he made some really impressive catches not to mention his elusiveness and ability after he has the ball was demonstrated in a couple end arounds in which he made a couple guys miss. I would be ecstatic if he is there in the 3rd for us.

4. Harlan Miller, CB- His combination of size 6'0 and foot quickness to stay with the receiver was evident in one on one drills in which he got the better of the receivers he faced and didn't allow any separation.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One guy to actually keep an eye on is Noah Spence from Eastern Kentucky. Been giving the OT's a hard time in the pass rush.

Doc Draper wrote:
And if we could vote a coach mine would be for Fewell who has turned chicken sh&t into chicken salad in our secondary
ripsean21

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlike last year where the strength of the draft didn't really fit the needs of this team this year that isn't the case! We need a stud at any level of our defense. There are guys in this class early and late that fit the bill of what Scot looks for. Looking forward to the game Saturday. Alot of physical lineman on both teams that im interested in!

Thanks Mike23md for the sig!!!
Adopt a Redskin Matt Jones- 63 carries- 249 rush yards- 3 rush TD's- 7 receptions- 62 reception yards- 0 reception TD's Too many fumbles!!!!
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rankins Wright cash readers in rounds 1-4 and then the best center or hopefully sign one in free agency

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: