Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

McCloughan Prefers Seniors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MKnight82

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:56 pm    Post subject: McCloughan Prefers Seniors Reply with quote

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2016/03/02/scot-mccloughan-will-be-cautious-with-the-rise-in-underclassmen/

The additional underclassmen will add depth in the later rounds, particularly at certain positions of need for the Washington Redskins, but general manager Scot McCloughan will be cautious with some of the non-seniors.

“That plays into it, too, but that’s scary,” McCloughan said of the rise in underclassmen at the NFL Combine last week. “That’s why it’s so important to be here and get measurables, get the medical, get the interview stuff with the juniors, the underclassmen. But it’s a strong draft, very strong.”

McCloughan wasn’t sure if the number of underclassmen was a positive or negative, but he only selected one underclassman last year with his 10 picks – running back Matt Jones in the third round.

“From my standpoint, we’re going to scout them this year, we’re going to scout them next year,” McCloughan said. “Either way it’s the same. But if a guy’s an even junior or redshirt sophomore and a senior, I’d take the senior, a guy that fulfilled his commitment. But still, it’s understandable these underclassmen are really talented guys.”

2015 Baldies Award Winner - Thanks Eagles Forum!

Adopt-a-Redskin: Bashaud Breeland
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with him. I like Seniors more because they have more experience and a longer track record of production. When drafting a Junior, I would rather see someone who has at least 2 years of starts AND whose play jumps out at you.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talent trumps all but preferably you'd like to have the more experienced player with more tape to review.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
21 ALL THE WAY

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Talent trumps all but preferably you'd like to have the more experienced player with more tape to review.

+1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: