Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Westbrook cuts off contract negotiations with Eagles
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sandtrapjack

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Westbrook cuts off contract negotiations with Eagles Reply with quote

Pro Bowl running back Brian Westbrook cut off contract talks with the Philadelphia Eagles on Thursday because the two sides are far apart on a long-term extension.
"Me and my agent have told the Eagles' management that we're no longer interested in talking to them as far as the contract situation," Westbrook said Thursday. "We don't feel as though we've received a proposal from them that really represents the value that I bring to this team and my market value."

"I think that in the last 2 1/2, 3 years that I've been here, I've brought a lot to this team."

Westbrook, talking for the first time since reporting to training camp after a one-week holdout, had been seeking a long-term deal after signing a one-year restricted free agent offer for $1.43 million.

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/football/nfl/dallas_cowboys/12592115.htm
Phreak

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just remember, back in April I said Ryan Moats will be the Eagles next superstar...

I've been telling everybody that if you just give me a chance to put the ball in my hands, I can get the job done. - Brian Westbrook
Yo_Its_T.O.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think negotiations will start up again.

Thanks EAtotheGLE
L.J smith#82

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phreak wrote:
Just remember, back in April I said Ryan Moats will be the Eagles next superstar...

yer i sure hope so
sandtrapjack

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen a few posts in different threads that indicate that with the projected cap space for the Eagles next season, that the Eagles may just be thinking about going after Shaun Alexander in the off-season and letting Westbrook go.
Arrington_28

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandtrapjack wrote:
I have seen a few posts in different threads that indicate that with the projected cap space for the Eagles next season, that the Eagles may just be thinking about going after Shaun Alexander in the off-season and letting Westbrook go.

that would be a very good move becuse then they actually have RB than rubs the ball more than catching it

dig in the sig by VIKES FOR LIFE
L.J smith#82

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would be very happy if we got alexander but i would rather see how the RB ryan Moats pans out
ok go26

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrington_28 wrote:
sandtrapjack wrote:

that would be a very good move becuse then they actually have RB than rubs the ball more than catching it

That's not on Westbrook, that's because of the system... that would be a really good pickup but at the same time Westy fits our system so beautifully I really don't want to see him go.

"If you've got it, flaunt it. If you don't, flaunt statistics."
Delhomme17

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he's a big part of your guys offense

luvin the sig by butters1075
Iggles

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, btu we could pursue Alexander and use Moats as our receiving RB next year, which would actually be better.
Delhomme17

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah a bit of a 1-2 punch kinda thing

luvin the sig by butters1075
Iggles

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, with a similar receiving RB and a far better power runner.
Phreak

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way we go after Alexander, we don't need to blow all kinds of money on an aging RB. The way our offense works, we don't need a back like Alexander, it would be pointless picking him up. The only way Westbrook leaves after this season is if Andy Reid and Co. think Ryan Moats can fill Westbrooks shoes and become a great back for us. However, even if Moats proves to be all that he can be, we'll still probally sign Westbrook long term and have 2 amazingly talented RBs. We don't need Shaun Alexander and I guarentee he is not an Eagle next season.

I've been telling everybody that if you just give me a chance to put the ball in my hands, I can get the job done. - Brian Westbrook
ok go26

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phreak wrote:
No way we go after Alexander, we don't need to blow all kinds of money on an aging RB. The way our offense works, we don't need a back like Alexander, it would be pointless picking him up. The only way Westbrook leaves after this season is if Andy Reid and Co. think Ryan Moats can fill Westbrooks shoes and become a great back for us. However, even if Moats proves to be all that he can be, we'll still probally sign Westbrook long term and have 2 amazingly talented RBs. We don't need Shaun Alexander and I guarentee he is not an Eagle next season.

Well we have a crapload of money laying around, and thinking about it, with a threat like Alexander added to our running game, and the strength we have on defense... let's just say I'm liking the team even more than I do now with Alexander here.

Though I will hate to see Westbrook go.

"If you've got it, flaunt it. If you don't, flaunt statistics."
Iggles

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He might not go. He could re-sign, still. I can see the Eagles getting him back like they did with Trotter this year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: