Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Westbrook cuts off contract negotiations with Eagles
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yo_Its_T.O.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I see it, Alexander won't work-out. We can't pay Westbrook so we go after a back who is probaly going to cost more.

Thanks EAtotheGLE
ok go26

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo_Its_T.O. wrote:
As I see it, Alexander won't work-out. We can't pay Westbrook so we go after a back who is probaly going to cost more.

I see where you're coming from, however, the last time I checked we lead the NFL in available cap room with a good amount over 10 mil, so it's not the fact that we can't pay Westbrook, it's that we don't want to overpay him, or possibly even pay him adequately, as seems to be something the Eagles are rather overdoing in this offseason and the last one. I mean the Eagles seem to think they're the Patriots now, take less or we don't want to see you again, but the only problem is that they're not even close. If they're doing anything, the Eagles are scaring away not only potential free agents but players already on the team, because I mean even though Owens signed it, his contract was unfair, we didn't want to pay Simon enough, and now with some 10+ million left we don't sign the second or third most important player on our offense because he wants too much?

Either way, who knows, maybe we're not re-signing Westbrook in hopes of getting Alexander next year, or maybe we'll offer him what Westbrook wanted, and he'll accept, and we'll have gotten a better runner for the same price. It would definitely strengthen our offense, and we have the cap space to do it.

Either way, discontinued contract negotiations usually don't mean that the player who cut off negotiations will be back the next year, and Westy's future as an Eagle really doesn't seem very bright after this.

"If you've got it, flaunt it. If you don't, flaunt statistics."
Delhomme17

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's not that you can't it's that you won't

luvin the sig by butters1075

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: