Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jim Johnson

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Jim Johnson Reply with quote

Hey Eagles fans...over in the Vikes forum many of us having been demanding Tice's head on a stick. When talking about coaches we want Jim Johnson's name keeps coming up. I was wondering does this guy have any desire to be a head coach? He seems to belong overdue and you'd think he would have taken a job somewhere else 2 or 3 years ago. Also how old is he?
Phreak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we just signed JJ to a 4 year contract extension so he's not leaving anytime soon. He is very deserving of a head coaching job, as is our offensive coordinator Brad Childress. We have the best coaching staff in the league now that the Patriots lost Crennel and Weiss. However, Childress will probally be looking for a head coaching job after this season, he is a guy you should seriously consider.

I've been telling everybody that if you just give me a chance to put the ball in my hands, I can get the job done. - Brian Westbrook
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will Jim Johnson ever consider being a head coach or does he prefer to just be an assistant
ok go26

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
Will Jim Johnson ever consider being a head coach or does he prefer to just be an assistant

I haven't heard any of his thoughts on the matter, though I hope he prefers being an assistant... though I've heard his name come up multiple times when coaches have been considered.

As for Childress idk if his name's been out there too but like Phreak said he'll be gone soon and might be an option for you, your O looks like it needs some help right now and that's what he specializes in, and I'd heard he was Cleveland's second choice to Crennel, so...

"If you've got it, flaunt it. If you don't, flaunt statistics."
SIERK

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it was the offseason before this one where JJ was being considered for a head coaching gig. He withdrew himself from consideration. If I'm remembering correctly, he kind of decided that he'd rather spend his final years coaching in a very comfortable situation as one of the highest paid coordinators rather than going to another situation and being the head coach.

That said, were he 5 years younger, I think he'd be more interested in head coaching.
Yo_Its_T.O.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember hearing, Johnson said he doesn't want to be a head coach at this age now.

Thanks EAtotheGLE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: