Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Leslie Frazier
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TCP

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:22 pm    Post subject: Leslie Frazier Reply with quote

So the Rams need a new HC. I am completely on the Leslie Frazier campaign. From everything I have read, he seems perfect. He's very much like many of the other winning coaches around the league in terms of past jobs and attitude(player's coach, but knows when to get tough, good at motivating) and the last DC out of here is pretty good as a HC- Mike Tomlin.

I'd like to get a feel from you guys, on him. What's he like as a DC? Do players like him? Do you think he will make a good HC?

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Leslie Frazier Reply with quote

TCP wrote:
Do players like him? Do you think he will make a good HC?

Yes....and yes.

I think the odds are highly likely that he gets one of the openings this offseason. Both he and Spagnuolo are probably pretty high on many teams' wish-lists for head coaches.

I think his main strength as a DC has been his ability to adapt to his personnel. I can see that skill translating very well to a HC position.

I can almost guarantee that the Vikings will be looking for another new DC this offseason.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
VIKE ME

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Leslie Frazier Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
TCP wrote:
Do players like him? Do you think he will make a good HC?

Yes....and yes.

I think the odds are highly likely that he gets one of the openings this offseason. Both he and Spagnuolo are probably pretty high on many teams' wish-lists for head coaches.

I think his main strength as a DC has been his ability to adapt to his personnel. I can see that skill translating very well to a HC position.

I can almost guarantee that the Vikings will be looking for another new DC this offseason.

Couldn't have said it any better myself.
GeneralTso

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lions are interviewing him too. I'm hoping for him or Spags to be our new HC Razz

Probably won't happen because we're in the division but you never know.

james.mcmurry13 wrote:
Yeah, [Mike] Wallace would be like 4th fastest on the Raiders.
Bucky

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leslie Frazier is the best head coaching candidate available. The Vikings would be wise to fire Childress and promote Frazier before Martin Mayhew convinces Frazier to become ruler of the universe with him.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should have fired Chilldress and promoted Tomlin.

Now we should fire Chilldress and promote Frazier.

Of course, that will never happen Crying or Very sad
#1 Fire Childress Supporter Since 2007
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand something about this. Leslie Frazier is our Assistant Head Coach, that and the Defensive Coordinator. Why in the world would the Vikings just allow Frazier to walk away at that? I just don't see the good of it. Isn't he making more money now than what he would if he was a HC in the league now?

Martin Mayhews, keep your paws off of Leslie Frazier! He's our guy!

Not your typical Vikings anymore.
TCP

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucky wrote:
Leslie Frazier is the best head coaching candidate available. The Vikings would be wise to fire Childress and promote Frazier before Martin Mayhew convinces Frazier to become ruler of the universe with him.

Not if Billy Davaney has something to say about that Razz

I have a feeling he'll be with the Rams. Frazier narrowly lost out to Smith in Atlanta with Davaney there. Now he can take over STL.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TCP wrote:
Bucky wrote:

I have a feeling he'll be with the Rams. Frazier narrowly lost out to Smith in Atlanta with Davaney there. Now he can take over STL.

You make me laugh. Devaney is no match for Martin Mayhew.

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
I don't understand something about this. Leslie Frazier is our Assistant Head Coach, that and the Defensive Coordinator. Why in the world would the Vikings just allow Frazier to walk away at that?

it would be Frazier's choice to.

SteelKing728 wrote:
I just don't see the good of it. Isn't he making more money now than what he would if he was a HC in the league now?

no, HC's are paid more.

just because Frazier has two job titles doesn't mean he draws two paychecks. they made him an Asst HC so then by rule he can only interview for a higher level position: HC.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
this providence

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the part where Jayme makes his entrance into the thread by saying both Tomlin and Frazier are scrubs and barely are capable to be DCs, much less Head Coaches? Laughing

But anyway, like many others, I feel this is Frazier's last year here. Where he goes, not sure. Wish him luck where ever that place may be.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bucky wrote:
TCP wrote:
Bucky wrote:

You make me laugh. Devaney is no match for Martin Mayhew.

And the Lions are no match for NFL teams Shocked

JP. Bill Davaney FTW

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will be fine without Frazier. No matter who we have at DC, we will have a great defense due the players on the field. Seems like whoever becomes our DC will end up a HC elsewhere due to the talent we have. Tomlin was nothing special of a DC, and Frazier isnt either. We will be fine. I wonder if Childress would consider bringing in Rod Marinelli as DC if Frazier leaves. Marinelli has Tampa 2 experience, and really got a HC job too fast. Marinelli went from a DL coach to a HC, I wouldnt mind giving Marinelli a shot as DC.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
We will be fine without Frazier. No matter who we have at DC, we will have a great defense due the players on the field. Seems like whoever becomes our DC will end up a HC elsewhere due to the talent we have. Tomlin was nothing special of a DC, and Frazier isnt either. We will be fine. I wonder if Childress would consider bringing in Rod Marinelli as DC if Frazier leaves. Marinelli has Tampa 2 experience, and really got a HC job too fast. Marinelli went from a DL coach to a HC, I wouldnt mind giving Marinelli a shot as DC.

I'd be on the boat for Marinelli as well; I like his pedigree of being a "Cover 2" defensive coach(I refuse to call it the "Tampa 2", because it actually got it's start here in MN in the 90s with Tony Dungy as DC), and I've actually liked the guy despite the historic ineptitude of the Lions under his command. I'd agree that with the talent assembled, any coordinator with some sort of pedigree in a 4-3 defensive scheme should do decently at least.

DJC71 wrote:
That's like asking if I'd still buy my ex-wife flowers on our anniversary after she left me for another dude. Heck no. I hope she gets bedbugs.
this providence

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMac79 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

I'd be on the boat for Marinelli as well; I like his pedigree of being a "Cover 2" defensive coach(I refuse to call it the "Tampa 2", because it actually got it's start here in MN in the 90s with Tony Dungy as DC), and I've actually liked the guy despite the historic ineptitude of the Lions under his command. I'd agree that with the talent assembled, any coordinator with some sort of pedigree in a 4-3 defensive scheme should do decently at least.

Put me in the Marinelli camp as well.

He failed miserably in Detroit and some of things he would say were head scratching, but I think you have that in that type of pressure situation. I like his seemingly firey attitude as well. I think that could be something the defense could feed off of.

The questions is, would he be willing to jump right back into things and would both sides be willing to have each other.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: